DmC reboot comes to PS4 with 1080p/60fps + additional content

Honestly this is starting to get really annoying with all of these recently released games getting "remastered" for current gen consoles. I can see a game around 10 years (look at me, I'm playing the KH remasters now lol) getting the "next gen" treatment, but it's ridiculous for games that came out in the last 3 years.

Edited by Death_Ninja

I'm so hyped for this! Why? For one: a chance to replay DmC: Devil May Cry and re-challenge myself to get the plat. And two: A chance for a lot of people who may not have caught it on PS3/360 to try it. 

I know a lot of people just now getting into games, and they are starting with the new consoles. I'm sure devs are aware they have a lot of new fans, just discovering gaming thanks to Sony and Microsoft, as well the popularity of gaming in entertainment now, so I'm not surprised so many "remasters" and "ultimate" editions are being released on the new consoles. 

But I do gotta say, the Devil May Cry 4 release.. That feels like Capcom throwing the two Devil May Cry's at us and having us vote with our wallets. Whichever of these remasters sells more will get a sequel. Or if they both sell well, both get sequels.  B)

• Like 2

I think I'm more interested in DMC4 Special Edition.  One of the best games from last generation easily.

Already have this from ps plus. will get DMC 4 special edition and have fun on it. not sure if i can plat it but it will be fun since never played 4 :(

LOL! If they do a copy and paste trophy list of the achievements on DMC4, we're in for a new Ultra Rare platinum and possibly quite a few UR trophies as well. That shit was hard.

Edited by DEMON

Already 100%'d this so i'm not buying it, will probably rent it at some point though, or get it for free from PS+, haha.

Also, i love the changes they made! If they're true and work, then maybe this game will finally redeem itself and be on par with DMC3! Well... maybe not with DMC3, that game is too good. But i like how they actually listened to the (raging) fans!

Here are just some of the awesome new features of DmC: Definitive Edition:

• 60fps and 1080p resolution – It looks and feels super smooth to play.
  • Up-rezzed graphics – Including textures, characters and cinematics.
  • Big bundle of content – The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, three Dante skins, three Dante weapon skins and the item finder.
  • New Skins – Two new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil
  • Turbo Mode – Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
  • Hardcore Mode – Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill and all enemies hand out more damage.
  • Manual target lock – We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
  • Vergil Bloody Palace – Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
  • Must Style Mode – This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
  • Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode – This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment – all enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
  • Rebalanced and retuned – We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
  • Integration of popular community mods – DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
  • New cutscene – An added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

OP, you should have added this^ to the... OP. It's not just the same game, look at these features they added!

Edited by Sakura
  • Like 1

I know I won't be getting DmC again, that was the most disappointing game I have ever played, and I went into it with low expectations. I'll be getting the remastered DMC 4 though, even though I have it for PS3 already. If they are truly seeing which is more popular, I can easily guess that DMC 4 will outsell DmC.

Wait what? Devil may cry 4 ultimate edition got announced on the same day?!?,ok im f*cking stoked right now!

Already 100%'d this so i'm not buying it, will probably rent it at some point though, or get it for free from PS+, haha.

Also, i love the changes they made! If they're true and work, then maybe this game will finally redeem itself and be on par with DMC3! Well... maybe not with DMC3, that game is too good. But i like how they actually listened to the (raging) fans!

OP, you should have added this^ to the... OP. It's not just the same game, look at these features they added!

Well I shared the link to the EU-blog if u didnt notice, all that information was there :P

Edited by liwenborg

• 1 month later...