The Last of Us 2 Accidentally leaked by Naughty Dog Developer?

McJacs2

Shouldnt it be called "The Very Last of Us"?

Of course they are gonna make a sequal. It sold a bunch, and this is a sequal driven business. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't is a complete fool.

Hopefully itll be good - but even if its not, it wont change the quality of the first one, it will always be a great game, so why would anyone be against a sequal? Unless that are just being an emo-hipster-everything new sucks-douchebag

Edited by DrBloodmoney

A sequel will come. Look at the industry. Every game that does well gets a sequel. For all their talk of wanting innovation, etc, the games that sell well and do millions of $ are franchises. When "innovative games" come out, they are rarely best-sellers.

I think a TLoU sequel could be really good. As ever, the execution of the project will be the deciding factor. Personally, I think they should stay away from Ellie and Joel entirely for any sequel. Part of why TLoU worked was because there was a finality to their story (in the sense that their journey had come to an end, not that we know what happened to them afterwards). They should set it in a different place, with new characters, IMO.

Having said that, I trust ND would treat this IP with respect if a sequel is in the works. As they proved with TLoU, they are masters of their craft.

If it's true, I'm looking forward to it.

I thought everyone knew this. They registered "The Last of Us 2" and "The Last of Us 3" over a year ago.

Just to point it out 'registering' names of games has nothing to do with if they will develop them.

In regards to the topic, I don't mind another, you can trust ND will make it work. 

The guy doesn't work for Naughty Dog anymore.  That's why he felt so brazen to put that up there on LinkedIn like that.

He probably got contacted by a Sony lawyer and had to take it down immediately.

Of course there will be a sequel, they have two teams, an Uncharted team and a Last of Us team.  Easy math.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering ND already stated a long time ago that a sequel would take place in the same world but with different characters (meaning no older Ellie), like games like Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous: Second Son, I'd love a TLOU sequel, especially since it wouldn't ruin the first game nor those characters.

- Sequels with the same title as the first or previous game doesn't mean it has to use the same characters as the main, and it doesn't mean the characters from the previous installment would make canon cameos, so I don't know why I see comments relating to Joel and Ellie :S

9291_cdac.jpeg

Actually there are many people that would agree. Maybe not the way he said it, but it is overrated. 

Game is eye candy, story and acting were very good  and I really enjoyed music. That's the good part.

Gameplay is very linear and without any replay value. On  higher difficulty you have to play it stealthy  and that's by far the weakest part of game. Actually I would go so far to say that as stealth game The Last of Us is under average There is too little ways to get from point  A to point B and often for ghosting map you are rewarded by scripted fight ...  I guess that's just my opinion, man.