The Last of Us 2 Accidentally leaked by Naughty Dog Developer?

McJacs2

On Naughty Dog Developer Michael Knowland's LinkedIn page as a lead character artist, Michael has that he worked on prototyping head sculpts for one month for The Last of Us 2. Does this mean that TLoU 2 is already in development? What are your thoughts on the potential leak?

LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-knowland/13/698/b92 

If it's true then i wouldn't mind it since The Last of Us is a masterpiece and having another one wouldn't hurt. But for some reason to me "The Last of Us 2" sounds so weird. Maybe they shouldn't make a sequel...i dunno :dunno: EDIT: Scratch that, of course i want a sequel! Ugh, tiredness is getting to me.

They probably don't have a formal name for it yet, so posting it as TLoU 2 on a resume would make it sound better than posting an unnamed game.

I agree that the last of us is awesome on it's own and it doesn't really need it, BUT that doesn't mean I don't want it. I wouldn't mind a new story with a matured Ellie as main playable character. Of course it needs to be up to the standard that tlou set, so I'd rather they release it later than sooner.

I loved that "fanart" that one of the artists of tlou made last year.

2524527-tlouellie.jpg

Or some brand new characters could also be great, would love to see a cameo of Joel and Ellie in that case though.

• Like 1

I agree that Last of Us doesn't need a sequel. But this is Naughty Dog, there will be 3 Last of Us games at the least.

Will there be the obligatory racing game?

Well, makes sense that there would be a sequel to a high-selling title. Like others have mentioned, the sequel could take place in the same setting but with different characters. If there really is going to be a sequel, though, I really need to go and buy The Last of Us. One of the many big titles I still have yet to play.

Edited by godzillaboy100

Personally, I don't think this is anywhere near assurance that it's being made. If I recall correctly, Naughty Dog has already stated they've considered a sequel (this was a while ago) and now someone has listed on their resume that they did prototyping many months ago. Frankly, ND could've just been playing around with the technology, seeing what they can do with it; maybe making concept models to see how far they could take the technology. 

Just to give another similar scenario, someone from Naughty Dog could absolutely list "Concept artist for Jak 4" as a past occupation. Naughty Dog released concept artwork for Jak 4 in their art book, and confirmed they had considered it before making TLoU. But, alas, it has yet to come out, and it may never. But there are people out there who can say with honesty that they worked on Jak 4 in its earliest stages, and in a similar case, this person may have just worked on TLoU2 in its earliest stages.

I'm not familiar with video game development cycles, so maybe rendering models is something that typically comes later, increasing the chances of this being a project seriously in development. But I'd take this with a grain of salt, which is then diced into 10 smaller grains of salt, and then crushed into millions of tinier grains of salt. One of those grains, I think, is appropriate. 

Edit: Basically, I'm saying this: Yes, I believe that, at some point, TLoU2 was, and potentially still is, in some stage of development. What I don't believe this confirms is that it has been greenlit as a game for them to fully develop and release. 

Edited by StormRacer872

They probably don't have a formal name for it yet, so posting it as TLoU 2 on a resume would make it sound better than posting an unnamed game.

Has it been updated?  All I see is "Unannounced Next-Gen Project" now.

Guys, Let us not forget that the *game (*If TLOU2 is truly in the works) is still "unofficially announced BY ND"

So it is only proper and makes perfect sense to use :Unannounced Next-Gen Project: rather than TLOU2,

Cause if Knowland did, then, he'll be in for a big trouble and might end up loosing the project at the same time by breaking protocols and signed SOP.

My Take: I would love to have another TLOU that is purely built on the PS4 from ground up to perfection.

But I would agree, not to use TLOU-2, It wouldn't make sense at all. As like, shooting your own foot in the process. 

New Characters and somewhere along the way of the Story, we'll get to meet up Joel and Eliie..well something like that..

#InNaughtyDogweTrust

-Razgriz

Edited by xf22Razgriz