EA CLOSING SERVERS ON APRIL 13

Maitre

Source here in french :

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/burnout-revenge/fermetures-serveurs-ea-actu-482488.html

• Like 2

That's really stupid in my opinion....main reason why I usually avoid EA games....they always end up closing the servers eventually.....

I don't mine the "eventually" since games will naturally run their course. It's the whole early thing. Didn't MMA just come out in 2011?

Edit: Late 2010... Still early IMO

I don't mine the "eventually" since games will naturally run their course. It's the whole early thing. Didn't MMA just come out in 2011?

Edit: Late 2010... Still early IMO

Yeah but I feel they close servers wayyy too early and if you're gonna do that you might as well not have online trophies....

naked boobs and a room for a lapdance (I think) but yeah you can't still plat it without it

So it's more like a side-track from the main storyline then?

It's got me thinking I should play all my unplayed EA games next just in case they block content from those games too :unsure:

As much as I hated Spare Parts (Never finished it), for some reason this makes me want to just finish it and get the platinum over with.

Yeah but I feel they close servers wayyy too early and if you're gonna do that you might as well not have online trophies....

The game fuckin' bombed, and if nobody is playing it, what's the point of keeping them up?

naked boobs and a room for a lapdance (I think) but yeah you can't still plat it without it

You can platinum the game without it.....I have not played the Sabotuer yet, but friends have confirmed that the DLC IS NOT necessary to get the platinum.

As much as I hated Spare Parts (Never finished it), for some reason this makes me want to just finish it and get the platinum over with.

Spare Parts was actually a fun little game. It was a quick, simple, and relatively enjoyable platinum IMO. :D

I haven't got round to playing The Saboteur yet :(

Will I be missing out on much if I can't get access to The Midnight Club? :unsure:

Yeah, that makes me wonder, if I were to buy and download the Midnight Club DLC BEFORE the April 13 shutoff date, and would I still be able to play the DLC if it was on my HDD????

Yeah, that makes me wonder, if I were to buy and download the Midnight Club DLC BEFORE the April 13 shutoff date, and would I still be able to play the DLC if it was on my HDD????

• The Saboteur (perte de l'accès Midnight Club sur PS3, Xbox 360)

I think that means you won't have access to the Midnight Club after 13th April, so no :(

It's a bit strange you needed online servers to access a part of a SP game :unsure:

Damn, I should let Code borrow my Saboteur so he can get the DLC for it.

@BMJ - The Saboteur has the "Midnight Club" access pass that allows you access to a DLC car. That counts towards the car trophy from what i've heard. If it didn't, then I'm got duped into buying the DLC.

I hope/pray think that the purpose of the online passes are so they can keep the servers running, right? I don't think any developers have taken down paid servers yet

That being said, I don't agree with this one bit. Especially for EA Sports MMA, where they haven't even released a sequel yet? Dafuq?

EA is just making this shit up so you will buy their next game. It has nothing to do with dead servers or the cost of upkeep. How can I say this you ask? Proof. Go put in Brutal Legends and jump on the multiplayer. Have it sit there on a saturday, waiting for somebody to join. If you are lucky, you'll get one or two people if you wait 12 hours. Brutal Legends is an EA game. It also has a deader MP than Riddick does. EA is just playing everybody. I will never support EA again. Ever!

• Like 1

Meh, none of those games I have they are shutting down, so it doesn't bug me at all.

Once they start closing down servers of games I have and still like to play online, then I will have a problem with them :angry:

Honestly what's the point of multiplayer if you're just going to close the servers within the same generation you released the game? At LEAST if a game had enough support the PC versions will more than likely have user created dedicated servers. Oh and this is also a reason why MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES SHOULD NOT EXIST!!!!!!

• Like 2