EA CLOSING SERVERS ON APRIL 13

Maitre

EA is just making this shit up so you will buy their next game. It has nothing to do with dead servers or the cost of upkeep. How can I say this you ask? Proof. Go put in Brutal Legends and jump on the multiplayer. Have it sit there on a saturday, waiting for somebody to join. If you are lucky, you'll get one or two people if you wait 12 hours. Brutal Legends is an EA game. It also has a deader MP than Riddick does. EA is just playing everybody. I will never support EA again. Ever!

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure Double Fine hosts the Brutal Legend servers.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure Double Fine hosts the Brutal Legend servers.

Yea, somebody else told me that recently too. I'm sure that's the case. Nonetheless, I'm still never supporting EA again just for that reason. They are con men who don't care about their customers. Business is business but if you don't care about your customers, you won't keep them as such.

Yeah sucks now on them games you can never get a platium but it you trophy hunt then a trophy is a trophy lol.

I got my ea mma trophy the other day and man it took forever.

Luckily its got 20X XP until the servers close. It used to take around 6000 fights to get the platinum

It's not closing down on the 13th, but EA is shutting down the servers for Hasbro Family Game Night on the 30th of the month. There's one online trophy for that, so if you still don't have it now's a good chance to get it.

Thanks for the info I'll have to put that on my get list. :)

:yay: Got EA MMA online done, Create's online done, bout to do EA Sports 1 online trophy, they were all very doable within the time limit we had (Well if MMA didn't give like 5X XP it wouldn't be doable) Sacred 2's servers ended yesterday, I'll check later tonight to see if there still up

:yay: Got EA MMA online done, Create's online done, bout to do EA Sports 1 online trophy, they were all very doable within the time limit we had (Well if MMA didn't give like 5X XP it wouldn't be doable) Sacred 2's servers ended yesterday, I'll check later tonight to see if there still up

dammit I just started playing sacred again :(

Think they meant just the PC... cause its still very playable online and its past March which March 31st was the last day it was suppose to be, so I think your good, but I knock out the online as quick as you could just in case ;)

I saw what you posted on the .org site and am happy it's still on. Thanks again for the attempt. :)

Took forever, but finally got the EA Sports Active 2.0 only online trophy, for some reason you can no longer host a workout group you must join one, and the only possible ones are the .org groups so good luck to anyone going for the EA Sports Active 2.0 trophy, I thought it would be pretty simple....nope

I hope/pray think that the purpose of the online passes are so they can keep the servers running, right? I don't think any developers have taken down paid servers yet

That being said, I don't agree with this one bit. Especially for EA Sports MMA, where they haven't even released a sequel yet? Dafuq?

The online passes are a part of project 10 dollar. You only have to pay for the pass if you buy the games used. It was designed to increase new game sales since the price of a used game + online pass makes the local retailers more expensive than just buying the New copy. Buying New is the only way EA or the developer see profits from the game. However, the 10 dollar online pass makes sure that they get a cut for used titles too.

The also include online trophies to appeal to trophy hunters. A trophy hunter wont buy used unless he plans on buying the pass as well, but a casual gamer with no interest in trophies will still buy the used game, screw the online pass.

tl;dr - Online passes were created to diverted used games sales to new game sales; not server upkeep.

I can understand them closing down servers for a game that is years and years old, but what they're doing here is ridiculous, in my opinion. It is ridiculous that they shut down servers for a game that had an online pass, as I though the whole point of them was to pay for the servers. I have no problem with Online Passes if that is in fact what they will be used for, paying for the servers, but if I buy an Online Pass and the server was shut down a year later, that would be enough to make me boycott a company, which is something I've never done.

EA keeps getting shittier and shittier...

Parker

I can understand them closing down servers for a game that is years and years old, but what they're doing here is ridiculous, in my opinion. It is ridiculous that they shut down servers for a game that had an online pass, as I though the whole point of them was to pay for the servers. I have no problem with Online Passes if that is in fact what they will be used for, paying for the servers, but if I buy an Online Pass and the server was shut down a year later, that would be enough to make me boycott a company, which is something I've never done.

EA keeps getting shittier and shittier...

Parker

This is exactly the reason I've been pretty much against Passes from the onset - the whole "paying for servers" thing has been nothing but jargon. They don't go to server upkeep - they purely go to give the publishers money on a game they stopped earning money on already. It's no more than an attempt to get you to buy a game new.

I can almost guarantee you that online pass games, when they die out community wise, will have their servers shut down just as quickly as these are being done. [Just look at MMA.]

It's a crock, honestly, and people fell for it, hook, line and sinker.