Your favorite childhood toys.

Woop982

Our stories are very similar except it was Slinky-Dog and I lost him to the waves of the ocean, because I was trying to teach him to swim.. I was a sad child for a while.

I had a Digimon sandal and the same thing happened to that, i was just walking on the beach but as a dumb kid it somehow slipped out of my feet and then it went far into the ocen... awful memories. Never saw it again, not even in stores and to this day i still feel a bit sad whenever i think about it.

• Like 2

As a kid we went to America once on a trip to meet friends of my parents, and they brought us to this massive convention.  I can't remember the name of it, but one stall had a bunch of Pokémon plushies, and I buggered my dad to get the Pichu one (my favourite Pokémon at the time, still is).  I remember he was haggling with the seller and did the whole I'm-going-to-pretend-to-turn-around-to-walk-away-only-for-the-seller-to-call-me-back tactic   :lol:

That was my favourite childhood toy.  I still have it now actually; the stitching in his ears needs to be fixed a lot and the colour in him has faded quite a lot, but I still cherish it dearly.   :dance:

• Like 1

I had a Digimon sandal and the same thing happened to that, i was just walking on the beach but as a dumb kid it somehow slipped out of my feet and then it went far into the ocen... awful memories. Never saw it again, not even in stores and to this day i still feel a bit sad whenever i think about it.

Oh I feel you, they never made Slinky-Dog again for me to buy in stores, I had him for ages. I guess I could buy a collectable one now but it just wouldn't be the same :(

• Like 1

Everybody prob think I would say a MLP pony or something but nope- I had this Pound Kitty stuff animal I loved sooo much my mom got it for me along with a few others I all named but only one was my fav I remember crying sooo much when I lost my lil kitty.

Boy-Cat-Pound Kitty

Rover-Pound Puppy.

And of course my fav and loved- Girl-Cat!!

Heehee yeah the name area back when I was a kid was not all too inventive :P

• Like 2

I know I'm gonna feel really old now but ok.

First ones I remember loving where these 4 little guys

TMNT+Ninja+Turtles+Yolanda+Comansi+Plast

I took them with me everywhere I went, I even remember a story of little me passing out while drawing blood while holding them in my little hands and waking up seeing them really far away in the floor and me hanging upside down lol

Then there where these guys

s BikerMice1.jpg

I went to my local toy store on the day this cartoon aired in here and asked the lady for these toys, the poor girl looked at me with those eyes thinking "WTH are you talking about kid? I have no ideia what you're asking for. Mice in bikes? What a stupid thing" lol one month later there they where, I think I must own almost every figure, bike and set ever made, I have to go to my parents and dig these from the basement and bring them home with me someday.

Then it was LEGO, I loved them and where the last toy I played with, I remember they had this form on the back of their catalogue where you could ask for sets for them to create, I put Star Wars in all of them, but never sent them, I ended up creating my own Star Wars sets. Yes, I told you I would feel old, back then there where no Star Wars sets, in fact there where no licensing sets from anything.

Now I collect TMNT figures, have around 20 sets of the boys, have a few video game toys too, not for playing though, I swear :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Toy Soldiers/Toy Cowboys & Indians

Legos

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Figures

Beast Wars Action figures

Hot Wheels

Dragon Ball Z Action Figures

Pokemon Action Figures

Lincoln Logs

Play Dough

Nerf Guns

Water Guns

Power Rangers Action Figures

Etch N' Sketch

Lite Brite

Gak

Laser Tag Guns and Vests. (can't remember the brand name)

Spiderman Web shooter that shot silly string everywhere.

Slinky

Skip-It

Bop-It

Hungry Hungry Hippos

These stand out in my mind although I know there was a lot more I can't think of at the moment. Ah...the nostalgia. :)

Also.. did anyone else have this talking pikachu toy?

I loved this thing. lol

Edited by youthCAT1590
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had Legos, all kinds of action figures(mostly Marvel related), water guns, nerf guns, Play Doh, but Legos were my absolute favorite.

I could spend hours building stuff and it was impossible for me to get bored. Just sitting here and thinking about it as i'm typing makes me want to bring them out again and go build a giant castle or something.

I remember i had lots of action figures as well. I would bring them to school and play with instead of paying attention in class. Good times  :yay:

• Like 1

Lego was my absolute favourite thing as a kid.

Other favs:

Plastic dinosaurs

A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figurine, I think it's Michelangelo. It was originally my brother's.

A Phantom figurine

Matchbox & Hot Wheels cars

Yowies (they were like a Kinder Surprise but with Australian wildlife as the toy)

Toy guns

Water pistols

Edited by feral611
  • Like 1

Building Lego ships was the shit when i was a little kid and the next day i would see my creations get destroyed after i worked so hard to create them. Probably all the jealous kids that harassed me everyday.

EDIT: Oh, and i remember playing with a Action Man toy a lot and mostly throwing it around :P Can't find the picture because it's old as f***.

Edited by Oblivion

I also googled it and this image didn't appear. It's the 1st image when you type "stretch armstrong nipples", you sure you didn't know what it was?? Hmmm

I never heard of it before so i looked it up on Google Images. That image was pretty close to the top on the right side, i didn't even scroll down that much.

Building Lego ships was the shit when i was a little kid and the next day i would see my creations get destroyed after i worked so hard to create them. Probably all the jealous kids that harassed me everyday.

I'm guessing you were building stuff at a kindergarten when you had other kids destroying your creations?