Best screenshots taken from your Vita

Vivinho333

What about Teddy...

Teddy is special, but I'm pretty sure everyone likes him in every Language.

Oh, this was important xD

Yea, this holds =D

For some dub fans, the important fact is her sassy attitude which is not that visible in Japanese version where she's what she's supposed to be, cute blob of moe =D

Plus, no Neeeeepu, Nep Nep Neeepu, no best version :awesome:

but this is what I like about here (everything from the sassy attitude to the cute blob of moe). Beside no one can bet Neo-Nep when it comes to the Factor moe =D

but this is what I like about here (everything from the sassy attitude to the cute blob of moe). Beside no one can bet Neo-Nep when it comes to the Factor moe =D

Yeah, I guess it depends on what Satoshi means by "sassy attitude". If the Japanese version of Nep doesn't mock Noire for being "Lonely Heart", doesn't point out that Hyperdevotion is still her game (not Noire's), and doesn't hate eggplants with a passion, I want nothing to do with that version. That sassiness is part of what makes her so great, at least in the English version, and that's the version of Nep that is so adorable. So yeah, you can put me down as a fan of the sassy attitude.

I think I mentioned before but I have played Rebirth 1-3, Producing Perfection, and Action Unleashed. I am currently going through Neptunia 1 and Hyperdevotion Noire. So I still have Mk2, Victory, V-II, and "Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies" to play, and of course before long the Western version of Sega Hard Girls will be out (and what's this about a card battle game? I like the spin-offs but that is not a genre I'm excited about). I also bought the Blu-ray release of the animated series but I haven't watched it yet. In any case, of the 5+ games I've played, the only time I didn't like Nep's personality was:

In Rebirth 3, when she was being a jerk to Peashy. But that wasn't Nep being sassy, it was just her being plain mean. Thankfully it didn't last very long. I'm not sure how that part was handled in the Japanese version.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

I loathe his English voice. The off chance of hearing it made me mute the voices in all of the spinoffs and when I get to playing P4G, I'll be muting the voices there too. I could get used to the rest of the cast's bland voice acting, but hearing Teddie's voice in P4AU and P4DAN made me seriously contemplate throwing my copy of P4G away before I played it.

I loathe his English voice. The off chance of hearing it made me mute the voices in all of the spinoffs and when I get to playing P4G, I'll be muting the voices there too. I could get used to the rest of the cast's bland voice acting, but hearing Teddie's voice in P4AU and P4DAN made me seriously contemplate throwing my copy of P4G away before I played it.

Well this is you're decision and no one can stop you doing it. I like both voices so I didn't have a problem with him, but like I said this is you're choice.

Edited by Persona

Well, since I've been derailing this topic with Japanese/English voiceover discussion, I figured it was time to post some screens again. 

Persona 4 Golden

Story spoilers apply for some of these.

Since people mentioned hating Teddy's English voice, here's a screen with a line where I think his "innocent" semi-grating voice fits the dialog: 

2014-09-06-014339.jpg
It's also just a funny line, plain and simple. :)

Don't mess with the dream team:

2014-09-28-083925.jpg

Wow, that's really comforting:

2014-09-04-225812.jpg

Poor Yosuke: 

2014-09-03-225917.jpg

2014-09-03-224811.jpg

2014-09-03-224421.jpg

Somebody already posted the picture of Chie in this part, so here's Yukiko: 

2014-09-07-022923.jpg

Do what now? That's an interesting name... 

2014-09-23-093714.jpg

Ooh boy, the awkward teenage years: 

2014-09-17-222323.jpg

Hmm, I guess I didn't have very many Persona 4 Golden screens after all. 

Replace Teddy with Yosuke(or how I call him " Broske"), then you have my Dream Team.

Actually, I agree. That screenshot was taken while I was experimenting with my combat team. I think the game might even force you to use Teddy in combat for a bit, but I don't remember. I really did love the game, but: 

I got stuck fighting the boss who turns into an 8-bit knight. I do well enough in the beginning, but after I knock out his armor and he puts it back up, he always hits me with a death ray or something (which takes out the whole team) before I can remove his armor a second time. I might need better personas or abilities; I haven't spent much time fusing and I don't really know what to do with that whole system. Up until this boss though, I have done fine in combat. I guess I should post in the P4G thread and get some tips. 

I also love the nickname "Broske". I'm imagining a Yu/Yosuke bonding scene like this: 

Also, if you have a Wii U, I recommend checking out Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE. It's basically the P4G combat system in a weird idol simulator hybrid game. I haven't gotten very far but I enjoyed the couple of hours that I played. I haven't spent enough time with it to see how good the characters are though. Also, it's Japanese voices only, so that game doesn't involve a debate about which ones are better (although people can still argue about the English text localization). :P

Actually, I agree. That screenshot was taken while I was experimenting with my combat team. I think the game might even force you to use Teddy in combat for a bit, but I don't remember. I really did love the game, but:

I got stuck fighting the boss who turns into an 8-bit knight. I do well enough in the beginning, but after I knock out his armor and he puts it back up, he always hits me with a death ray or something (which takes out the whole team) before I can remove his armor a second time. I might need better personas or abilities; I haven't spent much time fusing and I don't really know what to do with that whole system. Up until this boss though, I have done fine in combat. I guess I should post in the P4G thread and get some tips.

I also love the nickname "Broske". I'm imagining a Yu/Yosuke bonding scene like this:

Also, if you have a Wii U, I recommend checking out Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE. It's basically the P4G combat system in a weird idol simulator hybrid game. I haven't gotten very far but I enjoyed the couple of hours that I played. I haven't spent enough time with it to see how good the characters are though. Also, it's Japanese voices only, so that game doesn't involve a debate about which ones are better (although people can still argue about the English text localization). :P

To Bad that i dont habe a Wii U

Yeah, I guess it depends on what Satoshi means by "sassy attitude". If the Japanese version of Nep doesn't mock Noire for being "Lonely Heart", doesn't point out that Hyperdevotion is still her game (not Noire's), and doesn't hate eggplants with a passion, I want nothing to do with that version. That sassiness is part of what makes her so great, at least in the English version, and that's the version of Nep that is so adorable. So yeah, you can put me down as a fan of the sassy attitude.

This still applies =D

I could bet that hate is written differently...  :hmm:

You mean the censored butchered game, where Japanese voices were the only positive feature? =D

This still applies =D

Okay I'm confused then. How is her personality different if she still has the same basic sassy attitude in the Japanese version? 

You mean the censored butchered game, where Japanese voices were the only positive feature? =D

It's still a good game from what I've seen so far. I'd rather play a game that's censored than not get to experience it at all (since the Wii U is region-locked the only way to play the Japanese version is to buy a Japanese Wii U, and I thought the Japanese version was censored too) because they removed a hot springs DLC and some revealing outfits. Hell, movies always get edited down and it's just par for the course.

Anyway, there are still plenty of bouncing boobs from what I've seen. :)

Okay I'm confused then. How is her personality different if she still has the same basic sassy attitude in the Japanese version? 

I actually don't know this. I didn't get a clear explanation =D It's probably the level of sass. 

and I thought the Japanese version was censored too) because they removed a hot springs DLC and some revealing outfits. Hell, movies always get edited down and it's just par for the course.

I'm not sure you can call the original version censored =D

If they removed something, we can't really consider that a part of the game :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Not Vita but since we're sharing our Diva achievements...

HJAJIrJ.jpg

Sorry about the phone cam, I don't know how to take screenshots on the PS3. :T

I have nearly every song completed with either G or E, but I could never for the life of me get past the 80% mark on Negaposi*Continues. FINALLY MY CURSE IS LIFTED!

special thanks to slash-sama my secret diva idol  :wub:

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 3

I actually don't know this. I didn't get a clear explanation =D It's probably the level of sass. 

I'm not sure you can call the original version censored =D

If they removed something, we can't really consider that a part of the game :D

Good point. :)

And I was misinformed, the game was censored when it came over here. The Japanese version was "complete" in that sense. I dunno, reading about the changes doesn't bother me much. But for people really into Japanese culture I can see how it would bother them.

If only Nintendo didn't region-lock their systems, but I'm also guessing the Japanese version doesn't have English text. The censorship changes do mention rerecording dialog to match the changes (like making the characters 18 and older).

It's still a fun game but I can see why some people would rather not play it. I'm glad I get to enjoy it in a relatively-intact form, but I don't really feel the impact of what I'm missing (besides more T&A, which lots of Vita games have in spades :) ).

Not Vita but since we're sharing our Diva achievements...

HJAJIrJ.jpg

Sorry about the phone cam, I don't know how to take screenshots on the PS3. :T

I have nearly every song completed with either G or E, but I could never for the life of me get past the 80% mark on Negaposi*Continues. FINALLY MY CURSE IS LIFTED!

special thanks to slash-sama my secret diva idol  :wub:

:blush:

Awesome work! Together, we will all overcome and defeat the curse of Aki-tan forever! 

• Like 1

Some screens I stole from Satoshi's SAO p*rn xD

IfinawV.jpg

R0VtCAt.jpg

You thief! How dare you stealing my waifu's secret picture collection?!

But for people really into Japanese culture I can see how it would bother them.

That's exactly it. It's supposed to be a depiction of Japanese and idol culture.

Sure, it's not Ace Attorney level, but still noticeable enough.

If only Nintendo didn't region-lock their systems, but I'm also guessing the Japanese version doesn't have English text. The censorship changes do mention rerecording dialog to match the changes (like making the characters 18 and older).

Who needs English text? :awesome:

I hate when localization companies put western references to my weeb games :awesome:

I wish I knew what the original sentence was.
It should be the same. The Stath has fans worldwide, and I'm sure there are countless people of both sexes who set their sights on him romantically. :)

Nobody else can possibly hope to compete with him when it comes to desirability and overall badassery:

• Like 1

It should be the same. The Stath has fans worldwide, and I'm sure there are countless people of both sexes who set their sights on him romantically. :)

Nobody else can possibly hope to compete with him when it comes to desirability and overall badassery:

Aaaaaand... you're right! She's actually talking about Jason Statham!

480686dangan.jpg

• Like 2