BeautifulTorment

The Metalhead Thread

622 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, rikwebb said:

Bal-Sagoth is a name i havent heard in years.

 

Yeah, their last album was released 13 years ago. They are officially on hold, but the possibility of another album or three in the future hasn't been completely ruled out, from what I'm aware at least.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big Metallica fan. There are several other bands I enjoy that are definitely rock, but may not be "Metal". Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Dio, Slipknot, Dope, Five Finger, Sabbath, to name a few.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After arriving home late at night after work, there's no better way to finish off the day than with thrash metal and a good headbang! This seems to be my favourite track today. Two weeks ago I was lucky enough to meet the frontman!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, something other than a metal song on YouTube.

 

Three weeks ago, a heavy metal core of a dead planet was found "rocketing around" a dead star. Everything around it is dead and it continues... well that is really insanely metal. \m/ If afterlife exists, I don't want to spend it bored in heaven... I want to go there! Anyone else going?

 

https://www.livescience.com/65159-dead-planet-core-is-totally-metal.html

Edited by Midnightwards666
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately I've mainly been alternating between Avenged Sevenfold, Brendon Small's albums he released as Galaktikon and My Ruin.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My list currently consists of hungry lights / hungry covers (seriously, check that guy out on youtube he is a genius), thy art is murder, chelsea grin, the amity affliction, stick to your guns and a bit of falling in reverse. I basically listen to every type of metal, but metal only.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Skirra said:

My list currently consists of hungry lights / hungry covers (seriously, check that guy out on youtube he is a genius), thy art is murder, chelsea grin, the amity affliction, stick to your guns and a bit of falling in reverse. I basically listen to every type of metal, but metal only.

Even if your playlist is limited to metal, it can still sound reasonably varied as there are so many subgenres. There are a few very specific subgenres of metal I don't like (brutal death, depressive black) but I Iisten to pretty much everything else... symphonic, gothic power, prog, folk, thrash, avant-garde, black, death...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Battle Beast fans? They played one of the most mindblowing performances I've ever seen on Tuesday in London... the energy was insane - no one except Noora can perform so well and have such a great voice... better still, they will be returning to the UK in November! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 4:39 AM, Midnightwards666 said:

Ok, something other than a metal song on YouTube.

 

Three weeks ago, a heavy metal core of a dead planet was found "rocketing around" a dead star. Everything around it is dead and it continues... well that is really insanely metal. \m/ If afterlife exists, I don't want to spend it bored in heaven... I want to go there! Anyone else going?

 

https://www.livescience.com/65159-dead-planet-core-is-totally-metal.html

Me :o

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SarDarniTron said:

Me :o

With a bit of luck, we will be there together and rocking out eternally...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately I've been so stressed from work I only listen to classic rock n roll.

 

Now I've went back to death metal and Asphyx of Netherlands which I think is the #1 death metal band for me.

 

A few songs you should check:

The Rack

Asphyx (Forgotten War)

Initation into the Ossuary

Asphyx II (They Died as They Marched)

As the Magma Mammoth Rises

 

And if anyone got something similar to suggest please feel free to namedrop.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

NEW ALBUM: Gravity by Starkill

 

Released on 17th May, 2019, this is quite possibly the best album of the year so far. Starkill combine symphonic, power and melodic death metal... the music is very symphonic, and at times even electronic... and there are three styles of vocals! There is a female singer and a male singer, both of which vary between clean and harsh vocals. It's like Sirenia, Arch Enemy and The Unguided all combined. Some tracks lean towards the symphonic side, others more towards melodeath. I have listened to all tracks... while none in particular stand out as a highlight track, the album as a whole is a masterpiece. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Sikatiiker said:

Lately I've been so stressed from work I only listen to classic rock n roll.

 

Now I've went back to death metal and Asphyx of Netherlands which I think is the #1 death metal band for me.

 

A few songs you should check:

The Rack

Asphyx (Forgotten War)

Initation into the Ossuary

Asphyx II (They Died as They Marched)

As the Magma Mammoth Rises

 

And if anyone got something similar to suggest please feel free to namedrop.

I just had a listen... As the Magma Mammoth Rises is a great track! Most of my playlist is much faster... my favourite type of death metal is melodeath (Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Mygrain), that was more doom/death metal which I don't listen to as much... but I still liked it very much, in particular the last track. Based on the tracks you linked, my best recommendation for you would be a track by Lvcifyre called Night Sea Sorcery. It's very dark, atmospheric, it has influences of doom, death and black metal and definitely seems like what you would like. However, that particular track is not very typical of the band... their other tracks are a bit more insane. I even saw them live once, supporting Mgla. I can't think of any similar bands, only individual tracks right now... but if I ever do, I can let you know.

 

Also, it's great to see someone keeping this thread alive!

 

Edited by Midnightwards666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Lvcifyre called Night Sea Sorcery. It's very dark, atmospheric, it has influences of doom, death and black metal and definitely seems like what you would like. However, that particular track is not very typical of the band... their other tracks are a bit more insane. I even saw them live once, supporting Mgla. I can't think of any similar bands, only individual tracks right now... but if I ever do, I can let you know.

 

Also, it's great to see someone keeping this thread alive!

 

I'll give it a go tomorrow. Mgla is absolutely great, heard of Plaga? They're also Polish and pretty much same genre.

 

I like atmospheric metal nowadays whether it's death metal or black metal. I usually listen to old Urfaust albums when I stay up late.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sikatiiker said:

I'll give it a go tomorrow. Mgla is absolutely great, heard of Plaga? They're also Polish and pretty much same genre.

 

I like atmospheric metal nowadays whether it's death metal or black metal. I usually listen to old Urfaust albums when I stay up late.

Summoning are by far my favourite atmospheric black metal band. 

 

I have never listened to Plaga, although I see they are indeed very similar to Mgla. I will have a listen. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck yeah, Metalheadz.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Fuck yeah, Metalheadz.

 

Fuck yeah, drum 'n' bass... I still like metal more though, lol. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Behemoth and Amon Amarth last night, if they are playing a gig near you check them out, they are both on top form and putting on a great show.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

Saw Behemoth and Amon Amarth last night, if they are playing a gig near you check them out, they are both on top form and putting on a great show.

That sounds like a great night. I just checked and it turns out that Amon Amarth are playing a gig in London on November 30th, supported by Arch Enemy... they are possibly my two favourite melodeath bands. I know some of my friends will definitely want to go... and I would love to... but unfortunately, not this time. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.05.2019 at 0:55 AM, Midnightwards666 said:

NEW ALBUM: Gravity by Starkill

 

Released on 17th May, 2019, this is quite possibly the best album of the year so far. Starkill combine symphonic, power and melodic death metal... the music is very symphonic, and at times even electronic... and there are three styles of vocals! There is a female singer and a male singer, both of which vary between clean and harsh vocals. It's like Sirenia, Arch Enemy and The Unguided all combined. Some tracks lean towards the symphonic side, others more towards melodeath. I have listened to all tracks... while none in particular stand out as a highlight track, the album as a whole is a masterpiece. 

 

 

I just had a listen... As the Magma Mammoth Rises is a great track! Most of my playlist is much faster... my favourite type of death metal is melodeath (Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Mygrain), that was more doom/death metal which I don't listen to as much... but I still liked it very much, in particular the last track. Based on the tracks you linked, my best recommendation for you would be a track by Lvcifyre called Night Sea Sorcery. It's very dark, atmospheric, it has influences of doom, death and black metal and definitely seems like what you would like. However, that particular track is not very typical of the band... their other tracks are a bit more insane. I even saw them live once, supporting Mgla. I can't think of any similar bands, only individual tracks right now... but if I ever do, I can let you know.

 

Also, it's great to see someone keeping this thread alive!

 

Starkill has become a joke band. After their legendary debut and a very good second album, they hired another vocalist who literally fucked the band. If you think their last is a masterpiece I don't know what do you think about their debut... I am just sad to see their current situation. From Fires of Life to this...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Alondate31 said:

Starkill has become a joke band. After their legendary debut and a very good second album, they hired another vocalist who literally fucked the band. If you think their last is a masterpiece I don't know what do you think about their debut... I am just sad to see their current situation. From Fires of Life to this...

They're not a joke, they're just a band who have chosen to dramatically change their style. Just like many others who have done the same, such as In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Sirenia, Grave Digger and even to some extent Nightwish... fans of the old genre were disappointed, but the hope is to find fans within the new style. As for my opinion on early Starkill... I really like it too. Their debut is legendary indeed. So much heaviness and great melodeath, yet the orchestration fits so well whilst backing down when necessary.

Edited by Midnightwards666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2019 at 11:25 PM, Sikatiiker said:

I'll give it a go tomorrow. Mgla is absolutely great, heard of Plaga? They're also Polish and pretty much same genre.

 

I like atmospheric metal nowadays whether it's death metal or black metal. I usually listen to old Urfaust albums when I stay up late.

I had a listen to Plaga. It was ok, but I didn't like it anywhere near as much or Mgła or some of my other favourite black metal bands. Wasn't too keen on the vocals. Just couldn't get into it

 

Also, I have a band recommendation for you, based on your previous post: 1914. A fantastic World War I themed blackened doom/death metal band from Ukraine. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.