DLC Rarity Change

ExHaseo

If the game is on your trophylist. Than the DLC is as well. By owner the game, you have the chance to own the DLC as well. They are counted as 1 thing. The fact that you have to any money doesnt change that. 

As i posted earlier that i guess you ignored 

Free to plays are the perfect example of why this system is lacking compared to the last. 

I suspect that in average the DLC rarity % would have been pretty high, even if it was 100% accurate, because when someone buys a DLC and is tracked by this site, they usually go for 100% or at the very least is more interested in playing the game. This would naturally make the rarity % for the DLC trophies much higher than the trophies for the main game even if it was 100% accurate.

And this is another reason why current DLC rarity and average rarity is wrong. You just can't equal trophy with 50% rarity from core game (a lot of game owners) to trophy with 50% rarity from DLC (only true completionist will buy DLC to get these trophies). You basically count with two different sorts of gamers for core game and DLC - in the core game you let Usain Bolt run with mothers and children and in DLC you compare only Bolt with Tyson Gay. And it's not about buying trophies, it's just about the dedication to get 100% trophies in the game. There are hard DLC trophies where you need skills and dedication to beat them and all you get is grounded trophy with 100%  :facepalm:

You just hit the nail on the head! Yes!

It was a rhetorical question, because answering yes to it makes no sense. It's simply incoherent. Should we count everyone as game owners, because they can purchase the game and get the game's trophies if they want to?

Obviously this is not what we're going for here....

If the game is on your trophylist. Than the DLC is as well. By owner the game, you have the chance to own the DLC as well. They are counted as 1 thing. The fact that you have to any money doesnt change that. 

As i posted earlier that i guess you ignored 

Free to plays are the perfect example of why this system is lacking compared to the last. 

Yes, it gets added to the list, I've said this many times in this thread already... so what? That doesn't change the fact that these are just statistics based on the data we get from Sony, and what we're currently looking for is taking into consideration who is the owner of the content when calculating the rarity %. You're not the owner of the DLC content when you just own the game.

Yes, it gets added to the list, I've said this many times in this thread already... so what? That doesn't change the fact that these are just statistics based on the data we get from Sony, and what we're currently looking for is taking into consideration who is the owner of the content when calculating the rarity %. You're not the owner of the DLC content when you just own the game.

You pop a game in your console. The whole list is added. It is now your responsibility to get whatever trophies you like from the list and move on. No matter how many trophies you got, you owned the game and all trophies are now available to be unlocked by you. Whether you choose to buy the DLC has no bearing on anything. The trophies are sitting there waiting to be unlocked in your list, and it is your choice to get them or not.

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but doesn't the way DLC rarities works right now mess with the Trophy Advisor?

Yes, I know you can switch it to hide DLC trophies, but if you don't you get a huge flood of 100% - 95% common DLC trophies that could be much harder then any of the base games trophies.

I don't know if that many people even use the Trophy Advisor, but even so the purpose of it is to show people really easy trophies that they could get based on rarity and the current system throws that off.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but doesn't the way DLC rarities works right now mess with the Trophy Advisor?

Yes, I know you can switch it to hide DLC trophies, but if you don't you get a huge flood of 100% - 95% common DLC trophies that could be much harder then any of the base games trophies.

I don't know if that many people even use the Trophy Advisor, but even so the purpose of it is to show people really easy trophies that they could get based on rarity and the current system throws that off.

Yes, but if you have it the other way all the dlc trophies would become ultra rare. Even if some of them are piss easy Edited by closertim

In my opinion it should be if you own the game, you are counted towards the DLC's rarity, because you have the option to buy that game's DLC, just like how you chose to buy the game. It just seems to me that some just don't like the idea of having the Trophy Advisor flood them with a bunch of ultra rare trophies, which they have the option to try to obtain, just like every other trophy, so what if you'd need to buy some extra content that doesn't cost anywhere near as much as the base game did if you want to try get them.

I'd also like to add that the whole rarity equals difficulty nonsense is just that, nonsense, I have some ultra rare trophies that are extremely easy to get, some are even the generic kill X amount of Y enemy trophy. I also don't think rarity equals obscurity is a good argument, as the more well known games would be more likely to have ultra rare trophies, due to a,larger user base, lesser known titles would have less ultra rare trophies due to a smaller, more dedicated user base, which would cause rarity to drop much faster than a game with a far larger user base.

14 pages of this :|

I personally couldn't give a rats derrière what the rarity is, so I firmly believe that we should all agree that all trophies are really rare and each one should hold a special space in our heart because without them, world peace, global warming and taylor swift would have all but destroyed this world.

Cherish those trophies while drinking a warm cocoa and smile at the warm feeling both give us.

Lighten up, they are but percentages - and I'm really not sure why some people are so irrate about this (one way or the other)

I now think we should launch a new 'ban those darn cheaters for life' thread, because let's make sure these returning threads never die !

• Like 1

This thread should not have been made in the first place. We'll end up having another made in 6 months asking for the DLC rarity to go back to the way it was before if changed and saying the exact same thing if it isn't.

Secondly, how the hell did this topic get 14 pages? It's not even a topic worth arguing over and it's a yes or no decision for Sly.

Thirdly if you're going to quote this post for any reason that involves arguing or trying to prove there's a point to the thread, spoilers ahead.

Fo6mazL.png?1