Games you wish had a reboot

Mr_MovieMan29

I would love to see some multiplatform treatment for some old Xbox games like Crimson Skies or Bloodwake. Honestly what I would really, really die for would be a good solid reboot of the Mechwarrior games in the style of the Mechwarrior 3 PC game. 

No Sony games, but some new experiences for sure. 

If they'd make an remastered Max Payne 3, no glitches, add some new content to the multiplayer (make the shotty nothing compared to what it is), I shit you not that game would absolutely give me such a stiff one eye.     I wouldn't mind them rebooting RE zero, never played it, or RE 2.  Just keep them coming.  I want to one day play all the way through re.

I know we are seeing a lot of HD remakes recently however are there any games that you would like to see get a reboot on ps4.

For me it's Dino Crisis, it was a perfect example of survival action done right with the fear of unpredictable dinos. Loved DC1 and DC2 but didn't play DC3 On X360. I think with this gen being able to create such immersive environments it seems like the perfect time to revive the franchise.

What game(s) would you like to see rebooted?

The Legacy of Kain. A great series that got a little derailed in the PS2 generation. I would love to see a return to the Legend of Zelda-type gameplay of the first game, with the improvements that 3 generations can bring to graphics, control, and general gameplay.

Given the job they did on Alien Isolation I'd love to see Creative Assembly re-imagine The Thing, and take some elements from the very underrated PS2 game.  Perhaps set in the Russian base mentioned near the end of the 2011 movie.  A spooky atmospheric base setting, snowstorms, various characters running loose, free roam multiple AI like the Alien whereby you don't know who is human or has been assimilated and it's generally not scripted...with all the PS4 polish and effort CA put into Alien...woah, and some nice throwback dlc as I think all but one of the original '82 cast are still alive...the actor that played Norris died in '97.   Perhaps MacReady lives?  Kate?  Co-op? Lol

Also, I've no idea who owns the IP to Paradroid, but an reboot on PS4 would be great, I could see it as an isometric, space dungeon crawling indie.  :)

Fallout 2 and a proper Final Fantasy 7 remake...

That whole FF7 hype was quite a big let down. I was expecting something like this...

ff_vii_remake-1.jpg

But instead I got this.

y-u-no-remake-ff7_o_1111041.jpg

The two games I wish they would reboot for PS4 would be Dragonquest VIII and Rogue Galaxy, these two were my favorite RPG, it's a real shame that they didn't do well at sales for a sequel. Hopefully, a reboot can breathe new life in these games.

dq8ps2_wallpaper_003.jpgrogue_galaxy_26657.jpg

Guys, we're kinda going OT. I assume most of us expect Remakes, not Reboots.

Remake = Same game, same story, different graphics, little changes in gameplay.

Reboot = Same characters, different story, everything in the series gets wiped out (aside from its basic gameplay) and re-created.

I'm sure everyone would like to live again the good old times, but remember: if they reboot something like MediEvil, don't expect seeing Zarok. If they reboot Tombi, I'm not so sure there would be evil pigs. They rebooted Spyro, now its name is Skylanders. You cannot ask for a reboot in RPG games, if you don't want to see a completely different game with same characters in different situations from the original. Also, if someone changed the plot of such games like FF7, DQ8, MGS, RE and so on I'm not sure many fans would like it.

I'd like to see a new beginning for some of the old series...A totally new Ape Escape, a new take on TimeSplitters games, a Marvel game with an original storyline...Many series "reboot" themselves everytime a new game is released (DQ, FF, Silent Hill, GTA) because their story are rather independent from their prequels...

Sorry for the long post and for my bad english, I hope you will understand my point :-)

Edited by Ryuzaki1993
  • Like 2