Heads Up On Ultimate Edition

dannyboy_devil

Is there any benefit in playing through this with the vanilla version and then using the UE for the DLC? Or do they both have the same issues? 

OP recommended doing that, but someone above said that both versions are just as bad. 

Im getting rid of some doubles and have both vanilla and UE of this. 

Edited by Joker-Kun890

• 1 month later...

Damn, I have a chance of buying this used and I really want to go for it, but if it's that unplayable, I might not get it.

Back when I played vanilla FO3 on my old account, I had similar issues with crashes and low framerates, but I managed to finish the game. I recently picked up a copy of the GOTY edition, but I haven't tested it yet.

I think I'll bite the bullet and do a "humble traveler" run and just keep essential items, I guess lol

• 1 month later...

Guess I should have looked around here a bit...bought the Ultimate Edition a few weeks back. I held off on buying this game for so long because Fallout 3 and Skyrim were just hard to enjoy on the PS3 back in the day...the bugs these versions had are why I don't have an affinity and appreciation of those games like a lot of people do...and i just decided that I didn't want to go through that again with New Vegas. 

But over the years I've just heard time and time again how great NV is compared to FO3 and FO4 (I'm one of the oddballs that prefers FO4), so I finally just decided to get it and figured getting all the DLC with it made the most sense. I figured, while the bugs in FO3 and Skyrim were annoying...I would just put up with them for NV, just to get the experience.

But damn....if it's even worse off than FO3 and Skyrim to the point where people are saying it's unplayable, maybe I'll just keep it in my collection and never actually touch it. Luckily I didn't pay much for it ($11). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey if you manage to get this game you must know that the performance is really poor, I bought this game a few years ago and stop playing it because it crashed a freaking lot, this game curses you for playing the game, the bigger the save file is, the bigger the framedrop you will get, making it a pain to 100% complete. Its a shame really, this game is broken and you will not experience all this game has to offer because of that.

• Like 1

So I decided to reinstall Fallout New Vegas UE on my Super Slim PS3 after feeling nostalgic and clean up the last of the trophies, trouble is during the installation it stalls out every time at 80%

It's bizarre but reading online this game has serious issues with the Super Slim model and the last I played this game without serious issues was on the a Slim model.

I don't have another HDD or SSD at hand to test incase it's more a hard drive issue than the PS3 itself but considering borrowing a slim model and seeing how I fair.

It's also funny how this game got past Sony's QA team and didn't get any serious backlash like CP 2077 did.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, milanbarca82 said:

Yikes!  And to think I was this close to buy this edition to save some money on DLCs. 
So, is the vanilla version + separate DLCs the way to go to play this game on PS3?  What would be the optimal roadmap to 100% this game?

I would recommend playing base game, yes. Finish it first, and make sure you keep few save files untouched from early to mid game. Do not install any dlc before you get a platinum(with the exception of gun runners arsenal), then do only one at a time. Load that early save for dlc if you have frame rate problems. That way it would be less miserable experience.

Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have been playing the ultimate edition, and the problems I have are the framerate and the slowdown once you play the game for around two-hour hours. I had made saves just in case the game crashes/freezes, or just be stuck on the death screen on the Dead Money DLC (I had encountered that bug personally)