Sarah: 55

Myuria: 70

Arumat: 64

Total battle trophies: 634/900

Play time: Main: 244:03  Faize: 86:27 (complete)  Universe: 1:08

Total play time: 331:38

• Like 3

On 6/25/2018 at 5:14 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure, the event started again after the PS4 version's release, but only 1 other joined. Good to know another person is going to attempt this epic quest. Good luck :D .

4 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Please join as I enjoy reading about people going through this game.

Thanks everyone! The journey begins here and my first update:

Progress of BTs:

Edge: 40

Reimi: 4

Faize: 13

Play time: 25:04:15

Currently on the first planet and been mainly grinding enemies with Edge. Got to

STAR_OCEAN_THE_LAST_HOPE_4_K_Full_HD_Remaster_20180628223550.jpg

yesterday. Aside from the requirements that I read that needs around few hundred enemies for Edge with drops and colosseum battles in the later parts of the game, I plan to get at least 15k enemies defeated before advancing the story. If it goes well, I might go for 30k and get the first grind completed. Currently at 2k battles for Faize and going for 3k. 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fantrig99 said:

Aside from the requirements that I read that needs around few hundred enemies for Edge with drops and colosseum battles in the later parts of the game, I plan to get at least 15k enemies defeated before advancing the story. If it goes well, I might go for 30k and get the first grind completed. Currently at 2k battles for Faize and going for 3k. 

Keep in mind you need 255 Anthropology drops with Edge. There's no great place to do this aside from the same place everyone does the 30k kills anyway. The drops will take well over 15k kills at that location, so I'd recommend stopping for now so you don't waste your time having to get a bunch of extra kills with Edge.

Ideally you should do everything aside from the missable stuff in the postgame. Everything is faster in the postgame.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Why must you keep torturing people with this quest :o

These poor unsuspecting fools :(

*Grabs the nearest medical book and sifts through the pages* people that suffer will develop empathy for others and suffering as a group is more bearable than suffering alone.

13 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I'll join this sometime in the future after I cut a few more games off my back log. PS3 version here I come!!!! (In a date to be determined after both Mugen Souls games are completed)

Awesome, time to destroy whatever's left of your sanity after platting Mugen Souls :highfive: .

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I am a doctor (or at least I play one on a forum board) and I say that 250 hours is for people hopped up on Doritos and Monster Energy Drinks. Some of us...who will remain nameless...put in over 700 hours because the STUPID MOTHERF@$*&NG GUIDE ON MOTHERF@$*&NG .ORG WAS WRONG AND I HAD TO PUT IN 2 MOTHERF@$*&NG MORE PLAYTHROUGHS BECAUSE THERE WERE 2 MOTHERF@$*&NG MISSABLE QUESTS ON 2 DIFFERENT MOTHERF@$*&NG PLAYTHROUGHS AND I  DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE MOTHERF@$*&NG MISSABLE UNTIL I WAS ALREADY ALMOST AT THE MOTHERF@$*&NG END.

Or so I heard 1f621.png

I like that last line, really adds that finishing touch :lol: .

13 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I really should get back to this game. Can't believe it's been 3 years.

I thought you were saving the plat for a special milestone, like I do :ninja: .

9 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

Thanks everyone! The journey begins here and my first update:

Progress of BTs:

Edge: 40

Reimi: 4

Faize: 13

Play time: 25:04:15

Currently on the first planet and been mainly grinding enemies with Edge. Got to

Hide contents

STAR_OCEAN_THE_LAST_HOPE_4_K_Full_HD_Remaster_20180628223550.jpg

yesterday. Aside from the requirements that I read that needs around few hundred enemies for Edge with drops and colosseum battles in the later parts of the game, I plan to get at least 15k enemies defeated before advancing the story. If it goes well, I might go for 30k and get the first grind completed. Currently at 2k battles for Faize and going for 3k. 

Nice, congrats :yay: .

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

*Grabs the nearest medical book and sifts through the pages* people that suffer will develop empathy for others and suffering as a group is more bearable than suffering alone.

Wait a minute I wrote that book :o

If you keep reading you will find out that by forcing people to suffer in groups actually amplifies the suffering and thus will help release the power of Incubus

973aa095e83014a50654d0fdf4341de558c6a112

Oh was I ever so young and foolish. I should never have gotten involved with that cult :(  

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Dragon-Archon - Yes, I'm saving it for plat #500. 1f61c.png

I'm saving mine for #1,000 :awesome: .

15 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Wait a minute I wrote that book :o

If you keep reading you will find out that by forcing people to suffer in groups actually amplifies the suffering and thus will help release the power of Incubus

973aa095e83014a50654d0fdf4341de558c6a112

Oh was I ever so young and foolish. I should never have gotten involved with that cult :(  

You did? Nice, could you sign it for me?

Wait, Incubus :jaymon: !? I thought it could summon a Succubus  :hmm: .

21 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm saving mine for #1,000 :awesome: .

You did? Nice, could you sign it for me?

Wait, Incubus :jaymon: !? I thought it could summon a Succubus  :hmm: .

Well there are different levels of suffering...so if you don't get the levels quite right different creatures of the night can be risen. I mean I once went a little 20/80 with my suffering and ended up with this 

tumblr_n4o1n3DHOT1s1v3r1o2_400.gif

On 6/29/2018 at 9:39 AM, dertswa687o said:

Keep in mind you need 255 Anthropology drops with Edge. There's no great place to do this aside from the same place everyone does the 30k kills anyway. The drops will take well over 15k kills at that location, so I'd recommend stopping for now so you don't waste your time having to get a bunch of extra kills with Edge.

Ideally you should do everything aside from the missable stuff in the postgame. Everything is faster in the postgame.

Thanks for the recommendation! Forgot about that one.

20 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: .

Thanks!

A quick 2nd update:

BTs Progress :

Edge: 41

Reimi: 5

Faize: 41

Play time: 29:27:10

Just finished 1000 blindsides with Edge and defeated 999 insect enemies with Faize. I really enjoyed the battle gameplay in this SO installment especially the new combat mechanics like the blindside. I'm ready to continue the story and noting down what the missables are. The main focus will be chests, item creation checklist, private actions, shop orders and side quests (Is the guide on pst.org reliable?)   

• Like 2

(Is the guide on pst.org reliable?)   

The PA guide there is not reliable. You will miss Faize's ending if you follow it. Use the Xbox guide as the PAs are the same between versions.

Just as a reminder, don't bother actually working on item creation or quests outside of the missable ones. I made 60% of the items within an hour in the postgame, and 80% within 3 hours. It's just astronomically faster to work on them when you have Duplication. Related, but if you don't have Recipe Memo 05 already, you've missed it and will need to start a new game in order to create all items.

All you need to do during your playthrough of the story is chests, PAs, missables, and start working on Faize's 130 enemy types BT. 

• Like 1

Is the guide on pst.org reliable?

It is more reliable after I messaged the guide writer to update 2 of the missable quests on that STUPID MOTHERF@$*&NG GUIDE I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED MY ANGRY DANCE

• Like 4

@dertswa687o

Thanks for all the tips. I checked around the Xbox guides and will be following your efficiency guide and the other PAs guide from there. I was really worried about whether I spoke to Van (I think) before to obtain Recipe Memo 05 for the storm blade as it didn't appear on the items list aside from Recipe Memo 20. Thought about restarting the game but after the grinding its probably a little difficult though will be doing an Earth run later if it goes wrong. Just got up to the part where the Calnus is back. Checked the item creation terminal and thankfully storm blade appeared as an item under the smithery section. 

I missed the first boss defeat with Faize so will be focusing this along the way with other enemy types. Had a past experience of missing an Al Bhed primer back in FFX and decided to play the whole game again though it was a great game and willing to go through it once again.       

@Dr_Mayus 

Thanks for the confirmation. Sorry to hear about it. Liked the video. 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

@Dr_Mayus 

Thanks for the confirmation. Sorry to hear about it. Liked the video. 

I wish I could find the original rant but there are 122 pages to go through :P

I can't even begin to tell you the frustration when I discovered the first first missable quest not mentioned by the guide but when it happened a second time I nearly just quit the plat ?

The thing is I was so far into the game getting all the stuff needed for the other quests I probably wasted about 120 hours between both of those playthroughs.

• Like 1

Another update on my progress in the Ps4 version:

Latest trophy earned: Advanced Battler (obtain 75% of all battle trophies)

42/47 trophies earned

Battle trophy progress:

Edge: 68

Reimi: 77

Faize: 100

Lymle: 71

Bacchus: 68

Meracle: 88

Sarah: 61

Myuria: 76

Arumat: 66

Total Battle Trophies: 675/900

Playtime: main: 248:20  Faize: 86:27  Universe: 1:08

Total playtime: 335:55

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I am a doctor (or at least I play one on a forum board) and I say that 250 hours is for people hopped up on Doritos and Monster Energy Drinks. Some of us...who will remain nameless...put in over 700 hours because the STUPID MOTHERF@$*&NG GUIDE ON MOTHERF@$*&NG .ORG WAS WRONG AND I HAD TO PUT IN 2 MOTHERF@$*&NG MORE PLAYTHROUGHS BECAUSE THERE WERE 2 MOTHERF@$*&NG MISSABLE QUESTS ON 2 DIFFERENT MOTHERF@$*&NG PLAYTHROUGHS AND I  DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE MOTHERF@$*&NG MISSABLE UNTIL I WAS ALREADY ALMOST AT THE MOTHERF@$*&NG END.

Or so I heard ?

-sniff- Ah, the memories... :awesome:

I was the last one standing back then...

• Like 1

The 3rd update:

BTs Progress 

Edge: 43

Reimi: 18

Faize: 44

Lymle: 3

Play time: 37:55:20

Chest: 81/410 - Got the 3 missable chests with two in aeo exploration base and one in Triom village

Item Creation: 4/321 - Created 4 items to fulfill the early shop orders

Shop Orders: 14/139 - Completed 6 missable shop orders from Triom village and 8 shop orders from planet Aeos exploration base

Side Quests: 4/62 - Got 3 missable quests early in the game for recipe Memo 20

Some interesting gaming hours. Story is quite enjoyable and been fulfilling quests especially getting those highly missable shop orders completed in Triom. The boss took 4 tries to get a defeat from Faize and working on his enemy type kills plus the 1/55 grigori kills. Currently getting ready to explore the next new planet and from the info everything is missable. The journey continues.  

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 8:40 PM, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

I picked up the remaster version awhile ago, I'll take an extended journey and save it for plat 125.

Stoked to replay with the updates and no white loading screens.

salute comrades

Previously, I said no to doing it all over again, but recently I started feeling like I want to journey to the ocean of stars again.  Maybe I'm sick.

Edited by STFUxDxD
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, STFUxDxD said:

Previously, I said no to doing it all over again, but recently I started feeling like I want to journey to the ocean of stars again.  Maybe I'm sick.

The allure of destroying one's sanity an Epic Quest is too addicting and very hard to resist :awesome: .