Should i create a new account?

swainey97

Should I stick with this account and increase my completion rate or should I make a new account and try to keep the completion rate above 75%.

The reason I thinking about making a new account is I had this account before I started trophy hunting so I played lots of games and hardly completed them, and also when a friend came round he used to bring his game so I have a lot of game which have been played for just couple of hours. when I bought a used game i used to play it for about 15 min to see if it was working which was a stupid idea.

But the reasons I thinking about not changing account is I have all my plus game which I could access on the other accounts as long as I have plus subscription, but it means can't play any of the plus PS vita accounts because can only have 1 account per vita. Also I have couple of plats on this account which are not hard to achieve but I still spent time and effort playing them, so it would be extra effort re obtaining them plats again.

Soon I have 6-7 weeks to play games because I finish my college course soon, so I am able to play a lot of games to raise my completion rate if I stick with this current account.

What do you think I should do?

I did something similar to this. At first I was going for quantity, and so I would play a game, pop a few easy trophies, and if I got bored or didn't like it, I moved on. However, I refused to have a 0% on my trophy list, so I made myself pop at least 1 trophy. That let to a lot of 1-10% range games, and they are a blemish on my list. However, I decided that every trophy still counts, and I've been trying to up my completions on this account. (Sure, I have more than just a couple plats on this one, but still)

So, basically what it comes down to is this: If having that 75-100% completion range matters that much to you (it's not a major thing to me), then start over. If not, then keep going on this account and raise it as high as you can. In the end though, it's your choice. Trophies are a personal accomplishment, and whatever your goal is, whether it's to have a 100% completion, have a large number of trophies in general, or just to have fun getting the plats you enjoy, then that's what you should do.

One thing to keep in mind when making an account, is that your profile is for YOU. Nobody else really cares what you do with your account. Some people will look at your profile, and may like it and think it's interesting, some people will cheer you on towards your goals, and some people will think your profile is a joke. At the end of the day, all that matters is what you want, and how you view your profile though. If having an artificially boosted profile will make you happier, then you can start over and have a profile with a high completion rate. It's not really going to matter to anyone else, and it shouldn't. Your profile is for you. As long as it makes you happy, that's all that matters.

However, I will say that, personally, I think that artificially boosting your completion rate by making a new account takes away from the experience, because you'll always know that you don't actually have that high of a completion rate. I just can't imagine it being very satisfying to see a high completion rate, when I know that there are tons of games on a different account that you've played that you didn't complete.

• Like 2

I am copying and pasting my response from March

OK...thanks for letting us know

Seriously can we just get one thread where everyone can post that they are restarting their accounts and avoid thread # 2069 of this.

Like this one from a week ago https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24625-have-you-ever-restarted-and-created-a-new-profile/?hl=starting%20over

Or this one from a month ago https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23906-should-i-keep-my-account-or-start-over/?hl=starting%20over

Or this one from 2 months ago https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23254-starting-all-over/?hl=starting+over#entry501929

Or this one from 3 months ago https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22704-have-you-abandoned-a-psn-because-you-didnt-like-the-username/?hl=starting+over#entry487899

Or this one from 4 moths ago https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22272-need-help-to-tone-down-my-ocd-towards-trophies/?hl=starting+over#entry477607

You know I am seeing a pattern here :P

and to add to that list https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24960-deleting-my-account/?hl=pattern#entry542755

• Like 3

My personal judgment is that if you're thinking you should start a new account, or it's even on the table, you should.

There's no escaping that nagging feeling once it's there - and the worst thing that will happen is that you realise you cherish your old account and go back to it.  This profile is my fourth incarnation on the PlayStation network, because there's something about starting anew with a new goal in mind that's more appealing to me than adding to the pile of trophies.

This is my last swing at the plate however, as this profile is attached to things like my FFXIV profile, hence the "Last", but I've enjoyed the chase of my previous accounts each time.

• Like 1

just keep going on this account. i have the same problem. i started alot of games, but i barely played them or even started them. so they just kept stacking up until i decided to do something about it. thats also 1 of the reasons i became a trophy hunter.

Edited by LionKingEylside

This is the way I'm thinking of it now. I used to always make a new account but I always went back to my old account. I'm 27 yrs old and I'm not expecting to die so my plan is that if I 100% every game I play from now on I will eventually hit 80% completion. It might be 1200 games before I hit 80% but I will try.

To be or not to be, that is the question....

Like most people have said so far it's not that big a deal if you keep what you have or start over. Ultimately it all boils down to what you want to do. It is understandable that like most of us here there was a time when trophies were the furthest thing in your mind when it comes to gaming. Then like most of us you start paying attention to them and things like trophy count, completion percentage, ultra rare trophies, and milestones come into the picture. The thing you need to remember is that trophies, and all that come with it, are a secondary part of gaming. It should always be, having fun gaming first and worrying about trophies second. Other than that I consider my profile to be my gaming footprint. It will never be at 100%, but it shows where I've been in gaming from the titles I liked, loved, and simply tried. What you have so far shows you, and what you have done to this point, and you should own it. If you want to start a new profile you should do it only for the fun of replaying games you love, not just to mold your trophy percentage to where you think it should be. 

Sorry for the long post, but my overall message to you is fun first, trophies second. 

• Like 4