Platinum Only 25%?

t-i-g-o

Only people with more money than sense have 100% in this game.

Dunno why. I bought the game on day 1 and despite the hiccups post launch I did like their DLC calendar so purchased the Season Pass, the only season pass I have ever been interested in and it's been fantastic value for money. The season pass was half the price of the game and there is so much mre content.

The only problem I see is that the DLC's you don't actually own, count towards your completion percentage. Everything else, I don't care.

I have to agree with this.. and it actually bothers my OCD side, since I try to keep my unearned trophies under 1000, and recently I realized that I have almost 250 unearned trophies just from DLCs..

On the other hand, since "Every trophy (earned) counts", it's logic that "Every trophy (unearned) counts" too.. so I try to not look to much into it..

As for Driveclub, I will get the 100% sometime in the future for free :lol: since my brother bough a ps4 with Driveclub and his girlfriend got the season pass.

• Like 1

The only problem I see is that the DLC's you don't actually own, count towards your completion percentage. Everything else, I don't care.

But you own the game that the DLC is connected to.... Why shouldn't it count towards your completion?

• Like 1

I don't see the problem when a game is as good and fun to play as this one is. Graphics are the best i've ever seen, driving is real and fun and a lot of free stuff and cars next to the paid stuf. I have no problem to pay for dlc or season pass ( at 25,- very cheap if you look at amount of dlc ).

That 25% would be lower in the future.

I don't mind that it has a lot of DLC trophies (first game I've seen with a lot of trophies), I won't buy any of the DLCs or the full game I just want to get the plat.

It's not the first ( Uncharted 3, DCUO, Burnout Paradise for example... ) but this one tops them all.

• 2 weeks later...

I fully agree why do DLC count toward my completion percentages if I haven't unlocked it or paid for it ?

Edited by Emman1984
  • Like 1

GT5 wasn't the exact same, but it was kinda similar with all its DLC packs (though no extra trophies).  So I waited and got the XL edition that had everything in it.  I'm willing to bet that Driveclub will eventually get some kind of Collectors Edition with all the DLC in it.  I got Forza 3 Ultimate Edition on 360 for $10 at Walmart years ago and that's what that was, $50 game plus $100 in DLC.  Originally it was $40, I think.  Obviously I can't be sure, but I'd be surprised if the same didn't happen here.

Although, and this is coming from someone who avoids DLC when not in a GOTY or Ultimate edition, $35 for the game and season really does sound like a pretty decent price for a game like this...

At least for this week the Season Pass for Driveclub has been reduced to half price for the Australian (possibly EU) PSN stores if not others (can't confirm), making the game even much better value for the 85 DLC trophies, and cutting out the need to do mindless grinding for the Platinum trophy, as 100% the base game and the 3 free DLC's if the game was bought originally is no where near what you need for the last couple of Platinum requirements.

Being a completionists myself, this game is a nightmare!  But I have to admit, I've never seen a game with most value-for-money Season's Pass in a long time.  Something that has 75% more content than the base game but is priced around 55% lower (more or less) to it.  It's such a beautiful game though Creative Assembly kinda fell short in adding difficulty preference and customisation - something Slightly Mad Studios are very good at (though they are notoriously a bit sadistic when it comes to trophy requirements). The AI behaviour differs from the base game to the DLCs even if they are the same cars.

I'm quite caught in between between loving this game and hating it... I swing either way when playing.  The base game itself isn't that hard - just a long (albeit terrible) grind.  The DLCs seem to be ridiculous to some extent that it would seem CA had made it "artificially difficult" just for the sake of making us play this game longer.

Getting 100% is not impossible though.  Clawing your way into getting ALL stars is what's going to be the challenge.  I hope Creative Assembly would one day release an update to add customisation to car settings AND difficulty preference one day.  After all a 25% completion for a platinum may indeed be a turn-off to some players.

Edited by eispan71

• 4 weeks later...

I hope Creative Assembly would one day release an update to add customisation to car settings AND difficulty preference one day.  After all a 25% completion for a platinum may indeed be a turn-off to some players.

Driveclub is developed by Evolution Studios, the guys that made the Motorstorm games on PS3.