We Play Bioshock Infinite

Sorry been distracted yes here it is, I'm going by collectibles so chapter 8 looks huge but 9 looks small so 2 chapters is ok. Apologies for lagging, but i'm unwell, i'm falling behind everything. Hopefully tomorrow night I can make some decent progress. Might do some now i'll think.

I'll nag Mayus for discussion.

Checkpoint 4 - Complete Chapter 9 The Hall of Heroes (Completed 0 out of 18)

Chapter 8 - Soldier's Field - 8 Voxophone, 2 infusion upgrade, 4 sightseer, some gear, side quest

Chapter 9 - Hall of Heroes - 1 voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't seen your status update yet :( I hope you get better, take all the time you need! Also, thanks for putting up a checkpoint despite being sick.

Checkpoint 4 finished.  I went a bit passed it.  When I saw the next voxo I knew I went too far.  I think 9 finishes once you have killed all the men in the two exhibits.

There are two gear drops in Chapter 9 as well.

Question for you all:

Am I not looking hard enough or are there are not enough lock-picks to open EVERY safe?

Edited by audiopile

Checkpoint 4 reached.

I went a bit too far as well. I didn't know exactly wear the chapter ended.

Question for you all:

Am I not looking hard enough or are there are not enough lock-picks to open EVERY safe?

I missed a safe because I didn't have enough lockpicks either. I think if you pre-ordered the game you got an extra 5 lockpicks to start with.

Checkpoint 4 finished.  I went a bit passed it.  When I saw the next voxo I knew I went too far.  I think 9 finishes once you have killed all the men in the two exhibits.

There are two gear drops in Chapter 9 as well.

Question for you all:

This early in the game, you might not have enough lock picks to open every door and safe. Once we get into the game more though, they became pretty abundant and you will usually have enough if you are looking everywhere. You will eventually be able to buy them from some vending machines. There is also a specific location in the game where you can farm unlimited lock picks (well I think 30 is the most you can hold). If you are running low on lock picks, you might want to save them for the locked doors instead of using them on safes. The rooms behind doors often contain things like Infusions and gear. Safes only have cash. 

• Like 1

I want to apologize to the group :( I failed at 1999 mode. Survivor mode on Bioshock 1 was one of my favourite gaming experiences but 1999 mode feels like a chore and I am not enjoying it. So I will be leaving the group and I won't be doing the discussion questions. I would like to use this GIF on me for once as right now I deserve it

tumblr_mu7yoxplDY1rywvnho2_r2_250.gif

Checkpoint 4 reached

Managed to lockpick everything since I have the 5 extra from season pass/early bird.

nice zad ,i was looking at the season pass last night ,it comes with the burial at sea part 1,2 ? 

I want to apologize to the group :( I failed at 1999 mode. Survivor mode on Bioshock 1 was one of my favourite gaming experiences but 1999 mode feels like a chore and I am not enjoying it. So I will be leaving the group and I won't be doing the discussion questions. I would like to use this GIF on me for once as right now I deserve it

ooooh 1999 mode has taken its first victim ,lol i have to say yes its a bit of a chore ,im also on 1999 mode but im hanging in there, for now lol

nice zad ,i was looking at the season pass last night ,it comes with the burial at sea part 1,2 ?

ooooh 1999 mode has taken its first victim ,lol i have to say yes its a bit of a chore ,im also on 1999 mode but im hanging in there, for now lol

Yeah, it comes with all the DLC even the Early Bird pack (which was previously only for pre-orderers).

Noooooooooooooooo!

I'm sad to see you go :( Knowing I got to play a game alongside you was a great part of Okami and I was hoping to have that here again, but I understand your reasoning - if it feels like a chore and you're not having fun doing it, it's just not worth it.

Buu asked me to put these up, so here they are:

Checkpoint 2 discussion:

1. Your first experience with using the Sky Rails, what was that like?
2. What is your choice of weapons now that the Machine Gun has been introduced - are you going with melee, vigors, ranged, or a combination of these?
3. How have you been distributing the Infusion upgrades?
4. Have you bought any weapon or vigor upgrades - if so, which ones?
5. Do you like the Shield feature of the game?

6. Did you find any good gear during the second checkpoint of the game?
7. Did you try to shoot at the man and woman (the ones who have been "following" you around throughout the first two checkpoints)?

8. How did you handle the cultists at the Fraternal Order of the Raven?

9. Did you pay attention to the statues and paintings inside the Fraternal Order of the Raven building?
10. How did your first fight with a Crow go?
11. Did you hurt or kill any of the praying soldiers?

12. Thoughts on your first meeting with Comstock?

13. Thoughs on the nun immolating herself, followed by the airship going down?

• Like 1

^^

Maybe Dr. Mayus needs to don a stormtrooper suit and push through!

Checkpoint 2 discussion:

Very trippy.  My PS3 fan kicked into high gear.

2. What is your choice of weapons now that the Machine Gun has been introduced - are you going with melee, vigors, ranged, or a combination of these?

Given that we can only keep two weapons and I go the pistol trophy I have moved onto the machine gun  and shotgun combo.  Melee isn't working too well for me (miss u wrench)

Weighted towards health, then shield and vigors is last.  I did miss one so far.

The crow one, can't remember what it does.

Yes.

I tried the trick with reloading checkpoint but seemed to get punished for doing so.  Gear drops declined in usefulness imo.  And I was getting less cash from the other places too.

7. Did you try to shoot at the man and woman (the ones who have been "following" you around throughout the first two checkpoints)?

I did once actually, don't recall anything happening.

I took them out!

9. Did you pay attention to the statues and paintings inside the Fraternal Order of the Raven building?

No, looking for silver and collectibles.

I beat him but it was close.

All of them are dead, hoping to go towards melee trophy.

13. Thoughts on the nun immolating herself, followed by the airship going down?

No comment, wouldn't want to offend anyone.

^^

Maybe Dr. Mayus needs to don a stormtrooper suit and push through!

lol i dont see a problem with that ,as theres no one to shoot at so you cant look silly missing your target 

we cant force anyone to play any game but we can encourage and mebe be a crutch for others loosing intrest

lol loved it ,reminded me of a rolercoaster at alton towers many years ago ,no control of were to go pumping from on to another is kinda confusing lol you could get lost real easy 

i just got the sniper rifle and carbine and those guys will be my main guns i think, vigors i have upgraded posesion x1 and thats it so im still looking at wich ones to go with 

all in shield so far,seems to be starting to make `1999 mode a little easyer

yes,i have upgraded sniper rifle ,carbine damage so far ,and only the posession vigor once

love it!!!!

burning halo, fire bird, death from above so for so im geared for skyline fights at the moment

lol yes

good question ,i used devils kiss bomb and threw it right in the middle of them ,killed all but 2-3 or them wich i kited back up stairs and took um out with the machine gun

not overly ,some yes not all

went well killed him first time ,but the murder of crows vigor glitched into a wall 

yes lol i did the AOE damage to some coz of my gear ,1 part of my gear dose damage one i jump from a skyline lol oops

not much as it was breaf

suicide bomber came into mind ,thought it was creepy that she didnt wonna talk ,like you knew soming was up but couldnt put a finger on it

What are these "shotguns", "sniper rifles" and "carbines" you guys keep talking about? This is checkpoint 2, silly people :P We only just got a machine gun.

I did once actually, don't recall anything happening.

You will suspiciously keep missing and they have a bunch of lines about that :P

Checkpoint 1 reached - I am coming for you guys!!

I love the setting though, it is original but you can still see it is Bioshock!!

yup , its a break from under water ,i love it ,and this is my 2nd playthrough

What are these "shotguns", "sniper rifles" and "carbines" you guys keep talking about? This is checkpoint 2, silly people :P We only just got a machine gun.

lol zad you do know were on check point 4 right?

Discussion Questions And Answers

I don’t mind it too terribly although I do wish there was some auto-look forward function. The rails are so twisty that I have to keep moving with them so I can keep track of where I am and where I want to jump down. I also don’t even bother trying to shoot on them, although doing that jump down and stab attack is very effective.

I like the pistol since I can just shoot like crazy with it. I use the vigors if there are a lot of people in a place but I usually just use them blindly. I keep possessing turrets and then forgetting that they don’t suicide (apparently in this game that’s a verb :P) afterwards and often end up killing me. I also just hit them if I get too annoyed or they try hiding.

Shield-Heath-Salt Repeat

Has there been any weapon upgrades yet? I bought the possessing upgrade but I didn’t have enough for any other ones.

Extremely, that way I can be silly and get shot all I want but I just have to hide and BOOM all better :P

Hmmm, I think I have something that sets people on fire once in a while when I hit them and something that- oh what does that thing do… Something about having a chance for my weapon to reload without me actually reloading it.

I was being followed??? That’s reassuring. Oh, are you talking about the head and tails people? No, that wouldn’t make sense since they talked to me before I could get a chance too. Who in the world was following me?

Shot them? I tried not shooting people once in this game and they just turned around and started shooting me so now I don’t take chances.

Yes. A little.

Ohh, I’m actually proud of my strategy in this one. First of all, easy mode is way too easy but medium is a little too difficult for a fun playthrough so there’s really no nice medium. I’m playing on easy. What I basically did was throw down fire traps and then led him into them and he blew up after two or three alternated with the machine gun.

In the one big church room I killed the people, but in the last area with the tv – which I believe that’s the area you’re talking about- I didn’t.

Hmm, well it was very Wizard of Oz-y. I honestly can’t remember what he said.

13. Thoughts on the nun immolating herself, followed by the airship going down?

I walked into the room and saw the nun and my first instinct was to shot, but I stopped myself and figured she looked pretty innocent and I kind of felt bad I shot that family in that one house when I think they may have been trying to help me (Not too bad, but bad enough) So I ignored her and felt ultimately betrayed when she tried to blow me up. Props for dedication, though.

BTW am I the only one who finds the little kids in this game creepy as they look like mini old people, I never thought I'd think little sisters with torches with eyes would almost look cute comparatively. The group hug they gave that big guy at the end is probably what makes me think of them as cute.

Checkpoint 3 reached :)

Checkpoint 2 discussion

- Loved it :) So easy to manage and attacking from the air is so cool!

- I am kind of using everything at the moment, up close the melee is awesome and I do love turning the turrets on the enemies :D

- On the shield and salts

- Not yet

- Yeah I love it :D

- Found a few gear items, can't remember what they do :S

- No

- Devils Kiss and pistol with the occasional melee

- Yeah they have a few screws loose.

- Easy, he got owned

-No, saved the ammo and salts

- Your going down :P:shakefist:

-Oooooooky then! :hmm:

Edited by MortalRikku

yup , its a break from under water ,i love it ,and this is my 2nd playthrough

lol zad you do know were on check point 4 right?

Did you miss the point where it said "Checkpoint 2 discussion" :P? Clearly you were in some future timeline where we already doing the checkpoint 4 discussion ^^

lol urm checkpoint 4 complete but i think i went further than i should i find myself at chapter 13 lol

Not surprising, I believe all the next chapters are basically situated in/near the Hall of Heroes and the only indication it's switching chapters is the PSN "Saving..." popup on the lower-right. Guess you'll be waiting for a bit now D:

Buu, a question for when we get the next checkpoint: will it consist of more chapters since the next ones only have like a single collectible (I don't know how big the chapters themselves are, but the ones doing their second playthrough will hopefully know)?

Did you miss the point where it said "Checkpoint 2 discussion" :P? Clearly you were in some future timeline where we already doing the checkpoint 4 discussion ^^

Not surprising, I believe all the next chapters are basically situated in/near the Hall of Heroes and the only indication it's switching chapters is the PSN "Saving..." popup on the lower-right. Guess you'll be waiting for a bit now D:

lol i think i did miss the checkpoint 2 discussion lol il revise that tonight ,and yea i think il be waiting for a bit lol ,gonna sweet talk my wife for the season pass :P

• Like 1

If anyone's feeling up to answering the next set of questions, here you go:

Checkpoint 3 discussion:

1. Thoughts on the Monument Tower (the observation rooms, the quarantine zones, the graphs of Elizabeth's growth and her abilities getting stronger)?

2. Did you watch the projector showing scenes of Elizabeth doing various things on different days in the tower?

3. How did meeting Songbird for the first time make you feel?

4. What did you think of the artificial beach setting in Battleship Bay?

5. Which brooch did you pick for Elizabeth: bird or the cage?

6. Did you recognize the song that was playing at the beach?

7. Are you expecting there to be repercussions from lying to Elizabeth about where the airship is going?

8. Did you get the reward from the married couple?

9. Duke or Dimwit?

10. What were you expecting when Esther talked to Elizabeth in front of the turnstile?

11. Did you demand the tickets or pull out your gun on the ticketmaster?

12. How did you handle the fight at the ticket station?