We Play Bioshock Infinite

We_Play_Infinite_Final.png

Banner by Dav9834

Anyone who wants to join, you may use the Bioshock sign up thread, until Sunday 9th August when it will be closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or use this thread here. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This starts Monday 3rd August, if you don't have the game, I will likely add videos as I complete sections, if you want to join in on discussion of the game, again don't discuss anything beyond the current checkpoint.

I have tried to remove every single trace of anything that seemed like it could be a spoiler so don't worry about getting spoilers reading through this post.

Before We Start:

Bioshock Infinite can be platted in a single playthrough, but due to a use of a checkpoint system rather than manual saving it would be unwise to try this on a first try unless you don't mind getting frustrated. I am personally doing two runs as you need to enter the Konami code to unlock 1999 difficulty, which i'm taking as the devs didn't even recommend playing it on that difficulty. Note thatthere is no level select, the game uses your autsaves for that, so do not delete any autosaves. Also make sure you play this game while signed out of PSN, if you disconnect from PSN it can cause an issue to cause trophies to glitch.

When I set a checkpoint I will list the number of collectibles, and any area relevant trophies.

Source for trophy information here.  Collectibles guide here and here

Missable Trophies:

Kitted Out: Fully Upgrade One Weapon or Vigor
Raising the Bar and Infused with Greatness: You need to find all upgrades and you need to upgrade either Health/Salt/Shield to maximum
Sightseer: Used all telescopes or kinetoscopes throughout the game. I will lis how many per chapter/checkpoint. Collectibles here
Collected every Voxophone: Equivalent to audio diaries. I will list how many per chapter/checkpoint. Collectibles guide here

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

5. Anyone who wants to join, you may use the Bioshock sign up thread, until Sunday 9th August when it will be closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

Group members:

1. Superbuu3 (Checkpoint 7)
  2. audiopile (Checkpoint 8)
  3. colia100 (Checkpoint 3)
  4. cjshaitan (Checkpoint 1)
  5. freddie1989 (Checkpoint 5)
  6. Kittet3 (Checkpoint 5)
  7. Kyomi-Okami (Checkpoint 8)
  8. Mbm (Checkpoint 7)
  9. MortalRikku (Checkpoint 3)
  10. MStalker58 (Checkpoint 8)
  11. Mystvayne (Checkpoint 8)
  12. NullRay85 (waiting near end of game)
  13. Raitandrul (Checkpoint 3)
  14. Ryuzaki1993 (Checkpoint 1)
  15. sinnriel (Checkpoint 6)
  16. UK-Danny-93
  17. whoadreader (Checkpoint 6)
  18. zadorvp (Checkpoint 8)

If checkpoints are too close together, do let me know and we'll set two levels/areas for that checkpoint instead. When 13 people hit a checkpoint, the next checkpoint will be open. After we progress a couple of checkpoints we will be moving a checkpoint every 48-72 hours. I'm just giving time for people to be able to download the game etc.

Checkpoints:

Checkpoint 1-5:

Checkpoint 1 - Complete Chapter 3 Raffle Square (Completed 16 out of 18)

Click Chapter name to go straight to video, time stamps in video description:

Chapter 1 - Lighthouse  - no collectibles

Chapter 2 - Welcome Centre - 4 Voxophones, 4 Sightseer, 1 Vigor

Chapter 3 - Raffle Square - 1 Voxophone, 1 Vigor

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Checkpoint 2 - Complete Chapter 5 Monument Island Gateway (Completed 14 out of 18)

Chapter 4 - Comstock Center Rooftops- 6 Voxophones, 5 Sightseer, 2 infusion upgrades, 2 gear

Chapter 5 - Monumental Island Gateway - 1 Voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 2 sightseer, 1 gear

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here (I don't think this is trophy related as I didn't see this mentioned anywhere)

Checkpoint 3 - Complete Chapter 7 Battleship Bay (Completed 15 out of 18)

Chapter 6 - Monument Tower - 4 Voxophones, 1 infusion upgrades

Chapter 7 - Battleship Bay - 5 Voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 3 sightseer, some gear

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

Checkpoint 4 - Complete Chapter 9 The Hall of Heroes (Completed 12 out of 18)

(Note all of hall of heroes I did in one video)

Chapter 8 - Soldier's Field - 8 Voxophone, 2 infusion upgrade, 4 sightseer, some gear, side quest

Chapter 9 - Hall of Heroes - 1 voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

Checkpoint 5 - Complete Chapter 13 Flinkton Docks (Completed 12 out of 18)

(Note all of hall of heroes I did in one video)

Chapter 10 - Inside the Hall of Heroes - 3 Vantage points

Chapter 11 - Hall of Heroes Gift Shop - 1 voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 1 Vigor (Shock Jockey)

Chapter 12 - Return to Soldier's Field - 3 gear, 1 voxophone, 1 vantage point, 1 infusion

Chapter 13 - Flinkton Docks - 1 voxophone, 1 gear

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

Checkpoint 6 - Complete Chapter 19 Return to Plaza of Zeal (Completed 10 out of 18)

Chapter 14 - Beggar's Wharf - 1 Voxophone

Chapter 15 - Fort Franklin Pier - 1 Infusion

Chapter 16 - Worker Induction Center / Finkton Proper - 2 Vantage Point, 1 Infusion, 2 Voxophones, 1 Gear

Chapter 17 - Plaza of Zeal - 2 Voxophone, 2 gear

Chapter 18 - The Good Time Club - 3 Vantage point, 1 Infusion, 2 gear, 2 Voxophone, Note there's a cipher in this location for something in plaza of zeal.

Chapter 19 - Return to Plaza of Zeal - Finish sidequest, 1 Infusion, 1 voxophone

Checkpoint 7 - Complete Chapter 24 Finkton Proper (Completed 8 out of 18)

Chapter 20 - Gunsmith's Shop - no collectibles

Chapter 21 - Shantytown - 1 infusion, 2 voxophone, 1 gear, 1 Vantage point

Chapter 22 - Bullhouse Impound - 2 infusion, 3 voxophone, 1 gear, 1 vantage point

Chapter 23 - Bull Yard - 2 Voxophone

Chapter 24 - Finkton Proper - 1 Voxophone, 1 vigor (charge)

Checkpoint 8 - Complete Chapter 27 The Factory (Completed 6 out of 18)

Chapter 25 - On to The Factory - No collectibles

Chapter 26 - Factory Courtyard - 1 Vantage Point

Chapter 27 - The Factory - 3 gear, 2 voxophone, 1 vigor (undertow), 1 vantage point, 1 infusion

Checkpoint 9 - Complete Chapter 31 Memorial Gardens (Completed 6 out of 18)

Chapter 28 - Emporia - 1 Infusion, 1 Gear, 1 Vantage point

Chapter 29 - Port Prosperity - 6 Voxophone, 2 Gear, 1 Vantage Point, 1 Infusion, Vigor (Return to Sender)

Chapter 30 - Downtown Emporia - 4 gear, 4 voxophone, 1 vantage point,

Chapter 31 - Memorial Gardens - 8 Voxophone, 3 infusion, 3 Gear

Checkpoint 10 - Complete Chapter 36 Hand of the Prophet

Chapter 32 - Comstock House - 1 voxophone

Chapter 33 - The Atrium - 3 Vantage points, 4 Voxophones, 2 Gear

Chapter 34 - Warden's Office - 1 Voxophone

Chapter 35 - Operating Theatre - 1 Voxophone, 1 Infusion

Chapter 36 - Hand of the Prophet - 1 Voxophone, 1 Vantage Point

Checkpoint 11 - Complete the game

Chapter 37 - Hangar Deck - 1 voxophone, 1 gear

Chapter 38 - Engineering Deck - 2 Voxophones, 1 Gear

Chapter 39 - Command Deck - No collectibles

Chapter 40 - Sea of Doors - No Collectibles

Checkpoint 12 - On 1999 Mode Complete Chapter 5 Monument Island Gateway

Important notes:

Starting 1999 Mode, you will have to complete this mode without buying anything from a dollar bill machine (Veni vidi vigour and minuteman's armoury machines are fine though) you are ok if you access a machine by accident but do not buy anything from it. Dying costs 100 silver, if you run out of money you will have to restart the chapter you can avoid this by pausing as you die and reloading a checkpoint. If there is a gear close to a checkpoint you can reload checkpoint to try to get a different item from the gear box.

We Play Videos (showing all collectibles check video descriptions for time stamps):
Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWMHC3lPhET1EkKUZj_swMReA5nnSvliD

Chapter 1-8

Chapter 1 - Lighthouse:

Chapter 2 - Welcome Centre:

Chapter 3 - Raffle Square:

Chapter 4 - Commstock Centre Rooftops:

Chapter 5 - Monument Island Gateway:

Chapter 6 - Monument Tower:

Chapter 7 - Battleship Bay:

Chapter 8 - Soldier's Field:

Chapters 9-16:

Chapter 9-11 - Hall of Heroes:

Chapter 12 - Return to Soldier's Field:

Chapter 13 - Flinkton Docks:

Chapter 14-15 -Beggar's Wharf and Fort Franklin Pier:

Chapter 16 - Worker Induction Center / Finkton Proper aka Find a Way into Finkton:

Chapter 17-22:

Chapter 17 - Plaza of Zeal

Chapter 18 - Good Time Club

Chapter 19-20 - Return to Plaza of Zeal / Gun Smith Shop

Chapter 21 - Shantytown

Chapter 22 - Bull House Impound

Chapter 23-30

Chapter 23-26 - Bull Yard and Factory Courtyard

Chapter 27 - The Factory

Chapter 28 - Emporia

Chapter 29 - Port Prosperity

Chapter 30 - Downtown Emporia

Chapter 31-36:

Chapter 31 - Memorial Gardens

Chapter 32-33 - Comstock House / The Atrium

Chapter 34 - Wardens Office

Chapter 35 - Operating Theatre

Chapter 36 - Hand of the Prophet

Chapter 37 - Hangar Deck

Chapter 38 - Engineering Deck

Chapter 39 - Command Deck

Chapter 40 - The Sea of Doors and Ending Discussion

Discussion Points:

CHECKPOINT 1 QUESTIONS (provide by Dr_Mayus)

1. There is a lighthouse at the beginning of both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite...how do you think they connect?

2. The forced Baptism caused a bit of controversy when the game first came out. What was your opinion on it?

3. That Man and Woman have shown up a couple times...what role do you think they will play?

4. Columbia is a little...brighter than Rapture. What is your opinion on the world so far?

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple? :angry:

6. The mark on your hand...are you really the False Prophet? How did they know to look out for you? Who do you think you are?

7. What do you like better, the Sky Hook or the Wrench? Why?

8. Bioshock Infinite only lets you have 2 weapons at a time. Do you think that this was a good gameplay design (remember this is meant to be a survival horror game).

Checkpoint 2 discussion (provided by zadorvp)

1. Your first experience with using the Sky Rails, what was that like?
2. What is your choice of weapons now that the Machine Gun has been introduced - are you going with melee, vigors, ranged, or a combination of these?
3. How have you been distributing the Infusion upgrades?
4. Have you bought any weapon or vigor upgrades - if so, which ones?
5. Do you like the Shield feature of the game?

6. Did you find any good gear during the second checkpoint of the game?
7. Did you try to shoot at the man and woman (the ones who have been "following" you around throughout the first two checkpoints)?

8. How did you handle the cultists at the Fraternal Order of the Raven?

9. Did you pay attention to the statues and paintings inside the Fraternal Order of the Raven building?
10. How did your first fight with a Crow go?
11. Did you hurt or kill any of the praying soldiers?

12. Thoughts on your first meeting with Comstock?

13. Thoughs on the nun immolating herself, followed by the airship going down?

Checkpoint 3 discussion (provided by zadorvp)

1. Thoughts on the Monument Tower (the observation rooms, the quarantine zones, the graphs of Elizabeth's growth and her abilities getting stronger)?

2. Did you watch the projector showing scenes of Elizabeth doing various things on different days in the tower?

3. How did meeting Songbird for the first time make you feel?

4. What did you think of the artificial beach setting in Battleship Bay?

5. Which brooch did you pick for Elizabeth: bird or the cage?

6. Did you recognize the song that was playing at the beach?

7. Are you expecting there to be repercussions from lying to Elizabeth about where the airship is going?

8. Did you get the reward from the married couple?

9. Duke or Dimwit?

10. What were you expecting when Esther talked to Elizabeth in front of the turnstile?

11. Did you demand the tickets or pull out your gun on the ticketmaster?

12. How did you handle the fight at the ticket station?

Checkpoint 4 discussion (provided by zadorvp)

1. Did you do any stealing of red items during the Soldier's Field chapter?

2. Did you take the Heater Replica from one of the stores?

3. Did you see the Duke & Dimwit stageplay?

4. How much lockpicking have you managed to do so far - did you leave any doors or safes locked?

5. Would you have wanted to have a code breaking mini-game to play yourself instead of having Elizabeth decipher Vox Populi messages with the newly found codebook or are you fine with the way it is in the game?

6. Any thoughts on the tear Elizabeth opened up inside the elevator and on how much she was able to interact with it (as well as what was inside)?

7. Did you play around with the Bucking Bronco vigor?

8. Captain Cornelius Slate knows Booker well from having fought alongside him in the past - this is in contrast to the first BioShock where the player character appeared to be someone who nobody knew at first - any thoughts on that?

9. Booker mentioned his dead wife and child - do you think we will hear more about them later (simple yes/no - answer based on how you would have felt on your first playthrough if you already know whether or not they're mentioned again)?

10. Your favourite weapon at the moment now that there have been lots of new weapons since the first chapters (sniper rifle, shotguns, RPGs, carbines, etc)?

11. Did you manage to stop at the correct chapter for this checkpoint :P?

CHECKPOINT 5 questions:

1. Any thoughts on Slate's motivations and methods?

2. How did you handle your first Motorized Patriot?

3. Tears were added as a new gameplay feature - what did you think of these and are you making use of them?

4. What did you choose as Slate's fate?

5. Did you feel you could trust Daisy Fitzroy or not?

CHECKPOINT 6 questions:

1. Did you find Elizabeth's quick return to you believable and not too short or would you have rather had a longer period of time where she was upset and away from you?

2. What did you think of Fink's offer?

3. How did you deal with your first Handyman?

4. How did you deal with all the waves inside the Good Time Club (regular enemies, some special enemies, and a round of various machines)?

5. Were you expecting Chen Lin to be dead when you found him?

6. What did you think of the twins suddendly appearing (and then disappearing while you were still looking at them) and of Elizabeth's ability to take you to a different reality?

7. What did you think of dead soldiers keeping their memories of their deaths and those conflicting with their memories in the current reality?

EXTRA: If you spared Slate, did you find him in the hidden prison area? If so, what did you do with him now?

EXTRA: Have you finished the weapon trophies by the end of this checkpoint or did you still have some left (feel free to comment if you got them done in the later checkpoints)?

CHECKPOINT 7 questions:

1. What did you think of Chen Lin's condition when you came across him in this reality's gunsmith shop?

2. Did you notice that Mrs. Lin was a different woman before you talked to her?

3. What did you think of seeing Shanty Town and how the poor people of Columbia were doing?

4. What did you think of the music & songs in Shanty Town (the beggar child, the guitar scene, the phonograph music in the bar)?

5. How did you deal with the beggars looting the vending machine? Did you kill them or get past them peacefully using the tear with food inside?

6. How did you deal with the big turrers outside the police impound?

7. Were you expecting another reality switch this soon after the last one?

8. Did you remain friendly with the Vox allies or did you accidentally (or on purpose) get them hostile towards you?

9. What did you think of the fates of Chen Lin & Mrs. Lin and Elizabeth's guilt over all of it?

CHECKPOINT 8 questions:

1. What did you think of taking down the zeppelin all by yourself?

2. The Booker of this world was a martyr who helped the cause of the Vox Populi - any thoughts on that?

3. Did you make use of the Tesla Coils?

4. Did you play around with the Undertow vigor to throw enemies off of Columbia or to drag enemies to you?

5. Daisy and Fink both died in this reality (and Elizabeth gets some guilt tripping again) - do you think this will affect them significantly if we meet them again in other realities (assuming we change yet again)?

CHECKPOINT 9 questions:

1. A lot of revelations about the twins (the Luteces), Columbia, Elizabeth, and the Comstocks during this checkpoint - what details impacted you the most and were you expecting any/some/all of them?

2. The Luteces revealed that we would be able to get the Songbird to ally with us - do you have any expectactions about this?

3. What did you think of Elizabeth wanting to be killed instead of going back with Songbird?

4. Did you now recognize the song that was playing when you entered Albert Fink's Magical Melodies store (look back at your answers to checkpoint 3 question 6 if you wish as it's the same song)?

5. What did you think of the implication that Albert Fink heard "future" music through tears and then made them into songs of the current era (hence the music at the beach, in certain bars, etc)?

6. There was as optional tomb to open up during this chapter that required lighting up torches with fire - do you wish the game had included more such uses for your vigors or are you fine with the way the game went about optional stuff?

7. Lady Comstock (combined with Elizabeth's feelings of her) was revived as a Siren - were you expecting anything like that?

8. How did you deal with the Siren fights?

9. Did the bright storm effects cause you any issues while playing this checkpoint?

10. Did you find and eat the potatoes floating in a toilet during this checkpoint?

11. Did you get through this checkpoint without running out of lockpicks?

12. All vigors and weapons have now been possible to be obtained - which ones are your favourites?

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 4

Hey Buu, can we maybe change the checkpoint...there are no enemies in the first chapter and it takes about 10 minutes to beat :P. I would say play to the end of the 3rd chapter as there are no enemies in Welcome Centre either and it also takes about 10 minutes to beat :).

I hope everyone enjoys this game as much as I did my first playthrough. This game throws some surprises at you and I cannot wait for all the discussion to happen.

• Like 2

Bring it on! Like Mayus said maybe 3 chapters per checkpoint would be better?

I'm not sure if it should be 3 chapters "per checkpoint". Won't some of the later ones at least take longer :P? We're already going to have a faster pace due to the 48-72 hour advancement thing so 3 chapters may be overdoing it later on (at least I personally won't have unlimited hours on normal weekdays to only spend on playing BioShock Infinite xD

Hey Buu, can we maybe change the checkpoint...there are no enemies in the first chapter and it takes about 10 minutes to beat :P. I would say play to the end of the 3rd chapter as there are no enemies in Welcome Centre either and it also takes about 10 minutes to beat :).

I hope everyone enjoys this game as much as I did my first playthrough. This game throws some surprises at you and I cannot wait for all the discussion to happen.

Ok check point changed.

Awesome! I was hoping we'd get started today cause I got no kids for most of the day. Yay me!!  :dance:  :yay:

Btw, Buu you spelt my name wrong in both threads, and yes I'm the type of person that will be completely irritated by it until it's changed, lol   :shakefist:  

• Like 1

Checkpoint completed.

So far fun, though I hate subtitles being removed from the voxophones - I don't want to go read the transcripts elsewhere in-game. Also, the peaceful Columbia setting (before things went bad) kind of made me feel like I was playing a point-and-click mystery game for a while xD

• Like 1

Checkpoint Defeated. 

Man, I forgot why I kept putting off this game. That opening scene for Chapter 2 is so jarring! Only game which I have experienced some motion sickness. It's all good now that I've played through a little more. Hopefully there aren't too many scenes like that D:

Awesome! I was hoping we'd get started today cause I got no kids for most of the day. Yay me!!  :dance:  :yay:

Btw, Buu you spelt my name wrong in both threads, and yes I'm the type of person that will be completely irritated by it until it's changed, lol   :shakefist:  

Sorry about that fixed now. On the plus side I spelt your name properly here:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29524-superbuu3s-we-play-hall-of-fame/

and that topic is where your name will be remembered throughout the ages :P.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Checkpoint complete.

I'm already getting flashbacks to 1999 mode. Mayus and everyone playing 1999, you all have fun with that.

Thanks for the support :D, there are a couple of parts I am worried about as this game's enemies are much more varied than Bioshock.

Also to anyone interested here is a fanmade trailer for Infinite. Don't worry there are no spoilers.

• Like 2

Here's a video only guide: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bioshock-infinite/193381-collectible-guide-all-voxophones-infusion-upgrades-sightseer-videos.html

Here's a witten & video guide: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435034

Use whichever one you prefer. I will start my playtrough later today :)

Edited by Raitandrul

I'm sad, I said I'm gonna follow the group on 1999 even if I've already finished the game but Buu didn't signed me up in the group :-(

Checkpoint reached, if you still want me around here :-P

Sorry i'll fix that. Did i miss anone else?

I prefer this guide for voxophones:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/bioshockinfinite/guide.asp?ID=18952

I'll link this in the first post.and sightseer here

Edited by Superbuu3

I tend to prefer the text ones most of the time :) Usually annoys me whenever there's only a video guide :P

• Like 2