We Play Bioshock Infinite

Nice banner! On a side note, anyone else not aiming down sights at all so far?

In past Bioshock games I would only aim when using a precise weapon (speargun, rivet gun etc).  There is too much strafe penalty to use it all the time and I don't find it helps with aim too much.  I also do not use the vigors as much as I should.

Dav just keeps rocking and making awesome banners ^^

Time to finally play BioShock Infinite again now that I'm done with (a different) Rapture and Dragon Age DLC :D Won't be able to finish the new Checkpoint with my remaining time though, so I'll finish up after work on Friday :)

• Like 1

I don't use iron sights at all I think i tried once then realised there's no point as this game seems to have aim assist on by default.

Is this game making anyone else get headaches? I think its the constant blinding glare everytime I go outside. I'm not sure if I'm just being extra sensitive to light, because I might still not be at 100%.

I don't use iron sights at all I think i tried once then realised there's no point as this game seems to have aim assist on by default.

Is this game making anyone else get headaches? I think its the constant blinding glare everytime I go outside. I'm not sure if I'm just being extra sensitive to light, because I might still not be at 100%.

I'm note getting headaches but there is definitely some eye stress.  I'm also playing Bio2 at the same time, and I can say I prefer the darker background (and the story so far tbh).  Not the mentioned getting confused by the different button layouts!

• Like 1

Is this game making anyone else get headaches? I think its the constant blinding glare everytime I go outside. I'm not sure if I'm just being extra sensitive to light, because I might still not be at 100

I'm note getting headaches but there is definitely some eye stress.  I'm also playing Bio2 at the same time, and I can say I prefer the darker background (and the story so far tbh).  Not the mentioned getting confused by the different button layouts!

I can't play this game for very long before I have to take a break. The brightness gives me sore eyes which leads to a headache. I normally wear glasses while I'm gaming but this is the first game I've found where I actually have to stop playing because of it. 

I'm playing B2 at the moment as well audiopile so you're not the only one pressing the wrong buttons  :lol:

I'm definitely a fan of the first 2 games over this one but I'll stick with it because I want to do all 3.

• Like 1

I can't play this game for very long before I have to take a break. The brightness gives me sore eyes which leads to a headache. I normally wear glasses while I'm gaming but this is the first game I've found where I actually have to stop playing because of it. 

I'm playing B2 at the moment as well audiopile so you're not the only one pressing the wrong buttons  :lol:

I'm definitely a fan of the first 2 games over this one but I'll stick with it because I want to do all 3.

Thanks for letting me know guys, this was genuinely bugging me and I didn't want it to sound like I was making excuses for not catching up. I think I need to sensibly space out playing sessions, I played a big chunk in one go and it was really bugging me, but I didn't realise it was just because of the huge contrast changes in teh game.

Maybe the game will grow on you. I felt the same way for the majority of my 1st playthrough. It was a good game but nothing really grabbed my attention or made me love it. However, once I got into the story later in the game and began my 1999 run I really started to appreciate the game a lot more. Hopefully the same happens for you. Plus, the beginning is kind of slow at times. The action will definitely be picking up. 

You all aren't the only ones who had trouble getting used to the different controls. I probably died several times because I hit the switch weapons button when I was trying to fire.

• Like 1

checkpoint 3 Reached.

1st discussion points - because I like to do things way past them being relevant :)

1. There is a lighthouse at the beginning of both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite...how do you think they connect?

In literature I'm sure they're a symbol of beacons of hope. A lighthouse in a storm, the cities see themselves as paradise societies in a crumbling backwards world, where you can seek shelter. Maybe lol

2. The forced Baptism caused a bit of controversy when the game first came out. What was your opinion on it?

Neither here nor there, actually thought it fit well with the religiousness of the city. I am an atheist though so it wouldn't bother me :).

3. That Man and Woman have shown up a couple times...what role do you think they will play?

well they were arguing about the woman not wanting to take part in the thought experiment. I think they are testing me or playing a game with me. I am either taking part or am the thought experiment.Or I am reading in to it.. aslo I don't row apparently :unsure:.

4. Columbia is a little...brighter than Rapture. What is your opinion on the world so far?

I was strolling around thinking it was beautiful and would be even better than rapture to live in. then the casual racism turned full blown, and I was like nah.

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple? :angry:

no I threw it at the Announcer, but I like your judgmental emoji lol.

6. The mark on your hand...are you really the False Prophet? How did they know to look out for you? Who do you think you are?

I think I have been set up, maybe somebody is trying to take down Columbia from the inside, because it's too neat and tidy. The creators of Columbia probably had it planed for a while.

7. What do you like better, the Sky Hook or the Wrench? Why?

when I saw this post, I assumed I had missed the wrench in this game -__- , I am gonna say skyhook.

8. Bioshock Infinite only lets you have 2 weapons at a time. Do you think that this was a good gameplay design (remember this is meant to be a survival horror game).

I didn't notice but I will just work my way through the trophy kills requirements, then get rid. prefer a weapon wheel, could be tricky for ammo in the 1999 playthrough.

• Like 1

Maybe the game will grow on you. I felt the same way for the majority of my 1st playthrough. It was a good game but nothing really grabbed my attention or made me love it. However, once I got into the story later in the game and began my 1999 run I really started to appreciate the game a lot more. Hopefully the same happens for you. Plus, the beginning is kind of slow at times. The action will definitely be picking up. 

You all aren't the only ones who had trouble getting used to the different controls. I probably died several times because I hit the switch weapons button when I was trying to fire.

When I see the kill requirements for the trophies I am fully expecting an uptick in action.  I also expect the story to become more complete and therefore more engaging. :)

re: controls.  Normally I'll play one game from start to finish so I get used to controls (no matter what the button layout is) and it isn't an issue.  It's just the checkpoint thing and non-continuous play that is getting me here because I am playing other games in between, clearing backlog and trying to bring up completion stats.  Not that I'm complaining about the We Play format :) , its just a fact.

Firstly I know we were expecting a new checkpoint tomorrow but i think we should wait till 10 people hit this one, if they're not there by Monday we continue. I'll catch up Monday hopefully myself. Its my nephews birthdays and summer holidays this leads to a disaster in time management. I'm not sure if the headache thing is causing multiple people problems or the checkpoints are longer than I thought. If anyone has any major objections we can set more checkpoints, but i'll only consider that if three people speak up.

yes i get headaches from this to so i dont play this as much as the other weplay games 

I think  enough of us are getting them that seems like a genuine issue. There really should be a glare option.. Otherwise I might have to resort to lowering brightness everytime i'm about to go outside (not fun)

Like zadorpv, I haven't had any sore eyes or headaches while staring at Colombia and I also have the brightness a bit higher than normal.

Have you tried lowering the brightness?

Rooms go pitch black lowering the brightness there seems to be a tiny sweet spot that i can't find. Its weird as I never get headaches from games.

When I see the kill requirements for the trophies I am fully expecting an uptick in action.  I also expect the story to become more complete and therefore more engaging. :)

re: controls.  Normally I'll play one game from start to finish so I get used to controls (no matter what the button layout is) and it isn't an issue.  It's just the checkpoint thing and non-continuous play that is getting me here because I am playing other games in between, clearing backlog and trying to bring up completion stats.  Not that I'm complaining about the We Play format :) , its just a fact.

Lol, this happens to me lots. I don't think i'll ever be able to beat DMD on DMC while i'm flicking through so many games.  My nephew insisted i play TMNT out of the shadows with him today and that was hard to adjust to especially as that game is complicated.

Firstly I know we were expecting a new checkpoint tomorrow but i think we should wait till 10 people hit this one, if they're not there by Monday we continue. I'll catch up Monday hopefully myself. Its my nephews birthdays and summer holidays this leads to a disaster in time management. I'm not sure if the headache thing is causing multiple people problems or the checkpoints are longer than I thought. If anyone has any major objections we can set more checkpoints, but i'll only consider that if three people speak up.

I was hoping for a new checkpoint since weekends are currently the only time I'd have time to really enjoy the We Play sessions without time issues with other stuff, but I'm not going to demand you to change your plans (especially since I'm only one person and not three :P)

Checkpoint cleared :)

For those suffering from headaches, don't know if this has been said but there is also an option to change visuals from higher framerate >< higher visuals. I found if you switch between both, you can find a setting that is more comfortable.This + brightness down might help, it did for me on locked framerate....

Otherwise pop 2 aspirin before every session and breeze through :P

Checkpoint 3 Defeated.

Been absolutely swamped with uni work the past week, it was very nice to finally to play some of this. Really enjoying trying to figure out the story with all the hints and nudges in game. 

Many people play in poorly lit rooms, don't take breaks or fail to stay hydrated. This is especially important if you're not used to playing FPS games.

The best advice I can give is install a small lamp behind your telly, the brightness of the screen will become a lot less strenuous on your eyes

Many people play in poorly lit rooms, don't take breaks or fail to stay hydrated. This is especially important if you're not used to playing FPS games.

The best advice I can give is install a small lamp behind your telly, the brightness of the screen will become a lot less strenuous on your eyes

No doing any of those and this is still giving me issues. Also never had this on any other FPS games.

Edited by Superbuu3

I'm really enjoying this at the moment  :) it's not a dark as the other bioshocks but the action will for sure pick up!  :) the only problem I have is when Booker Dewitt speaks all I hear is Joel from the last of us  :o

lol, I keep hearing Snow from Final Fantasy XIII  :D

I always play in a wet lit room and take plenty of breaks. I'm also used to playing FPS. This is the first game I've ever experienced this with. I actually googled it and it seems to be a common complaint with this game in particular and not just on ps3 but xbox and pc as well. It actually seems to be worse with pc players a lot of them complaining of motion sickness.

• Like 1

So, Buu, it's Monday. Do we get a new checkpoint today :)?

Sorry been distracted yes here it is, I'm going by collectibles so chapter 8 looks huge but 9 looks small so 2 chapters is ok. Apologies for lagging, but i'm unwell, i'm falling behind everything. Hopefully tomorrow night I can make some decent progress. Might do some now i'll think.

I'll nag Mayus for discussion.

Checkpoint 4 - Complete Chapter 9 The Hall of Heroes (Completed 0 out of 18)

Chapter 8 - Soldier's Field - 8 Voxophone, 2 infusion upgrade, 4 sightseer, some gear, side quest

Chapter 9 - Hall of Heroes - 1 voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1