We Play Bioshock Infinite

I didn't need a guide so far.  It does help to know the count per chapter but looking around should be enough.  Plus you find more currency that way!

Thats the main reason I put the numbers thought it would be a nicer way to explore the levels and reduce spoilers. I linked the written guides anyway so that should help, if you need them.

But aren't we supposed to wait for everyone and play as a group?

If he ends up doing two runs he'll be with us most of the way. This group is running under the assumption people are doing two runs. We also couldn't check if he restarted the game either so kinda pointless for me to enforce that. Also more people for discussion is only a good thing.

I'd only make a point if someone was starting with the group and then ran ahead as mentioned in the first post as I think that can disrupt the group. I'd not want to restart if I didn't have to either, so I'd be a hypocrit to ask. On a vaguely related note its very likely i'm doing this with Zone of the Enders 2 in October as I'm going to be busy, but I'd rather not shut down all groups.

In the meantime is is OK if I just stick to discussions?

Sure just remember not to spoil anything, and avoid questions which you would know the answer to and hence can't really give a decent answer to, unless you remember what you thought at the time.

Edited by Superbuu3

Checkpoint completed.

So far fun, though I hate subtitles being removed from the voxophones - I don't want to go read the transcripts elsewhere in-game. Also, the peaceful Columbia setting (before things went bad) kind of made me feel like I was playing a point-and-click mystery game for a while xD

Peaceful Columbia dissapears once you see that skyhooker execution (Hold triangle), damn that was violent lol

Reached the checkpoint :) , enjoying the story so far, I like the English twins too , they are definitely dodgy. Bought the season pass too only because I've heard good things about it,

Might play it in between waiting for next checkpoints, hopefully there are no spoilers for the storyline, does anybody know ?

Reached the checkpoint :) , enjoying the story so far, I like the English twins too , they are definitely dodgy. Bought the season pass too only because I've heard good things about it,

Might play it in between waiting for next checkpoints, hopefully there are no spoilers for the storyline, does anybody know ?

A quick Google search told me that to "get" the DLC plot/ending/other stuff, Infinite has to have been completed. I don't know if that's true though :P

I'm not well so I'm not writing up discussion points or anything at the moment. Also haven't finished checkpoint 1.

Dr Mayus you've played the game before I think you or someone else who's finished the game once probaly knows a good set of things to ask people, if no one volunteers I'll have something up by Sunday.

I didn't notice a trophy for gear but i listed it anyway, as it sound like it iwll be helpful in your playthrough.

Checkpoint 2 - Complete Chapter 5 Monument Island Gateway (Completed 0 out of 18)

Chapter 4 - Comstock Center Rooftops- 6 Voxophones, 5 Sightseer, 3 infusion upgrades, 3 gear

Chapter 5 - Monumental Island Gateway - 1 Voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 2 sightseer

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here (I don't think this is trophy related as I didn't see this mentioned anywhere)

Edited by Superbuu3

Since we are about to be introduced to gear, I wanted to share a tip/strategy that I found extremely useful in 1999 mode. This is meant for people playing on 1999 mode but can be used on normal playthroughs as well. However, it is almost game breaking and makes large parts of the game a complete joke so I wouldn't spam it unless you were having trouble in certain parts. To be safe I'll put it in spoiler tags but I'm only going to mention a game mechanic (that will be introduced in this checkpoint) and the name of 2 gears. No story or enemy spoilers so don't worry about that.

This tip involves two pieces of gear:

1. Winter Shield: Jumping from skyline grants brief invincibility.

2. Fire Bird: 100% chance to burn nearby enemies when jumping from skyline.

With these 2 gears equipped basically every outside fight near a skyline or even some inside fights with freight hooks are a breeze. Just jump to a skyline then jump towards some enemies. Jump back to skyline and repeat until everyone is dead. You will be invincible the entire time and can kill every enemy without firing a single bullet. This is especially useful on 1999 mode where ammo can be scarce and you can't use a dollar bill machine.

A quick note on gear. The piece of gear you find in a location is random for the most part. A few pieces of gear are set items, especially early in the game, but the majority of them spawn random gears each time you find them. If you want these 2 gears as early as possible, just find a random gear right near a checkpoint. If it's not the gear you want, just reload the checkpoint and open the gear again. Repeat until you finally get the gear you want. This can take some time but can be very useful in 1999 mode.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

I'm not well so I'm not writing up discussion points or anything at the moment. Also haven't finished checkpoint 1.

Dr Mayus you've played the game before I think you or someone else who's finished the game once probaly knows a good set of things to ask people, if no one volunteers I'll have something up by Sunday.

I didn't notice a trophy for gear but i listed it anyway, as it sound like it iwll be helpful in your playthrough.

Checkpoint 2 - Complete Chapter 5 Monument Island Gateway (Completed 0 out of 18)

Chapter 4 - Comstock Center Rooftops- 6 Voxophones, 5 Sightseer, 3 infusion upgrades, 3 gear

Chapter 5 - Monumental Island Gateway - 1 Voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 2 sightseer

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here (I don't think this is trophy related as I didn't see this mentioned anywhere)

There is a trophy for gear, but it's just for having one in each slot :) I already got that after checkpoint 1 due to the season pass/early bird content.

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

I have cleared checkpoint 1 and I can come up with questions if you like :). I will have the questions up later today if that works.

• Like 1

If you have beaten the game already please don't spoil anything in your answers. I will revisit some questions throughout the game so try to remember how you answered and we will see if anything changes. Also my questions will hopefully have you thinking about things throughout your playthrough. They won't spoil anything AND they may have nothing to do with the plot, but consider them nonetheless.

CHECKPOINT 1 QUESTIONS

1. There is a lighthouse at the beginning of both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite...how do you think they connect?

2. The forced Baptism caused a bit of controversy when the game first came out. What was your opinion on it?

3. That Man and Woman have shown up a couple times...what role do you think they will play?

4. Columbia is a little...brighter than Rapture. What is your opinion on the world so far?

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple? :angry:

6. The mark on your hand...are you really the False Prophet? How did they know to look out for you? Who do you think you are?

7. What do you like better, the Sky Hook or the Wrench? Why?

8. Bioshock Infinite only lets you have 2 weapons at a time. Do you think that this was a good gameplay design (remember this is meant to be a survival horror game).

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

If you have beaten the game already please don't spoil anything in your answers. I will revisit some questions throughout the game so try to remember how you answered and we will see if anything changes. Also my questions will hopefully have you thinking about things throughout your playthrough. They won't spoil anything AND they may have nothing to do with the plot, but consider them nonetheless.

That is the sexiest questionaire intro I have ever read.

Thanks again for doing it. I just can't play this while sick. I can't focus on the storyline properly.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

1. They're what bring you to the new worlds

2. Yeah it can cause controversy, just like all the other religious elements just before that

3. No idea but they're pretty interesting, I'd like to see them again

4. Pretty cool and vintage looking, love the soundtrack as well

5. I think the question here is WHO you threw the ball at. Either the couple or the man, I threw it to the couple, peer pressure I guess :P

6. The Kinetiscopes keep talking tje false sheppard, but they were there before me, maybe it's all a setup to get me?

7. Skyhook, it spins nicely :)

8. Don't like to only have two guns, it makes the weapon trophies take longer

• Like 1