We Play Bioshock Infinite

That is the sexiest questionaire intro I have ever read.

Thanks again for doing it. I just can't play this while sick. I can't focus on the storyline properly.

Well I am a Smexy Doctor :pimp:

1. They're what bring you to the new worlds

2. Yeah it can cause controversy, just like all the other religious elements just before that

3. No idea but they're pretty interesting, I'd like to see them again

4. Pretty cool and vintage looking, love the soundtrack as well

5. I think the question here is WHO you threw the ball at. Either the couple or the man, I threw it to the couple, peer pressure I guess :P

6. The Kinetiscopes keep talking tje false sheppard, but they were there before me, maybe it's all a setup to get me?

7. Skyhook, it spins nicely :)

8. Don't like to only have two guns, it makes the weapon trophies take longer

Edited #5 :P

1. There is a lighthouse at the beginning of both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite...how do you think they connect?
  Could be the same one.  Goes up and goes down.
2. The forced Baptism caused a bit of controversy when the game first came out. What was your opinion on it?
 I had a bigger problem with stealing money from the church (not a religious person).
3. That Man and Woman have shown up a couple times...what role do you think they will play?
Who? 
4. Columbia is a little...brighter than Rapture. What is your opinion on the world so far?
I like it, they did a good job of keeping it Bioshock. 
5. Did you throw the baseball?  :angry:
Yes, at the MC. 
6. The mark on your hand...are you really the False Prophet? How did they know to look out for you? Who do you think you are?
I'm the saviour baby!  They recognized me from their constant propaganda, not sure how the priest missed it.
7. What do you like better, the Sky Hook or the Wrench? Why?
The hook is a nasty piece of work, but I prefer the accuracy of the wrench. 
8. Bioshock Infinite only lets you have 2 weapons at a time. Do you think that this was a good gameplay design (remember this is meant to be a survival horror game).

It hasn't effected me yet but I can see how it would add a challenge.

Edited by audiopile

Checkpoint 2 completed :D

1. There is a lighthouse at the beginning of both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite...how do you think they connect?

I think they connect thematically and symbolically, and are also the obvious starting locations.

2. The forced Baptism caused a bit of controversy when the game first came out. What was your opinion on it?

I rarely understand this when it comes to a fictional universe. Yes, it's set in a fictional version of our world, but the "religion" of Columbia is not the same as ours. I have more problems with people following someone blindly than being forced to undertake a baptism.

3. That Man and Woman have shown up a couple times...what role do you think they will play?

They aid and guide us, and pretty sure they'll matter somewhat plot-wise too :P

4. Columbia is a little...brighter than Rapture. What is your opinion on the world so far?

Yay for not being underwater. I like the setting (checkpoint 2 made it even cooler) more than Rapture, but I do also miss that atmosphere from there.

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple? :angry:

Nope, and to be honest, I also already knew about this part in advance :P It was on Cracked or something once upon a time.

6. The mark on your hand...are you really the False Prophet? How did they know to look out for you? Who do you think you are?

Since I know a couple twists that are coming thanks to various "top 5" etc articles I've read over the years, I could make a guess but I'll choose not to so I don't accidentally get too close to the truth and possibly spoil something :P

Hook due to its variety of useful abilities, but I'm not a huge fan of the executions (yet I still spam them...)

8. Bioshock Infinite only lets you have 2 weapons at a time. Do you think that this was a good gameplay design (remember this is meant to be a survival horror game).

This is why I'm currently (for now) grinding out all the weapon kills as I get new weapons so I can use good weapons instead later on :P I'm fine with it for now, but not sure if it makes 1999 Mode even harder or not since I haven't used that many weapons yet.

Who? 

The man and woman who brought us to the lighthouse, made us guess what side the coin flip would end up on, and were tending the bar at the start of checkpoint 2 :P

• Like 1

I'm going to avoid answering questions remotely related to the story or characters we interact with more later in the game. I simply don't remember my initial thoughts and obviously don't want to give anything away.

I didn't have a problem with it but I'm not religious at all. It would be very hard for any video game to offend me. I do remember people being outraged about this scene when the game first came out and demanding refunds.

I really enjoy Columbia as a setting and feel it was a breath of fresh air after two games in Rapture. The unique atmospheres and small details that bring these worlds to life are some of my favorite qualities of the BioShock series.

No I threw it at the announcer.

As much as I loved the good old classic wrench, I'm going to have to say the Sky Hook. As a pure melee weapon, the executions are simply brutal. Then when you factor in its use for attaching to sky lines and traveling around Columbia, it is a much better all around item.

It might be frustrating at times but overall I like the design. It adds more strategy since you have to decide what two weapons would be of best use in each section of the game. Plus it's more realistic than being able to carry 15 weapons on your back. Then again we are still eating cotton candy out of garbage cans so realism isn't that important in a Bioshock game.

The developers like lighthouses  :P 

The lighthouse could be the "front door" into the world's as in the first bioshock you go into the lighthouse and it takes you into rapture and in Infinite it takes you to Columbia  :) 

I wasn't bothered

They will either be friends or enemies 

Love it, everything balancing in the sky  :) 

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple?  :angry:

Nope

I could be, just need to find out.

There is a sign when you are walking around that shows a hand with AD and states false prophet.

Booker Dewitt looking for a girl to wash away the debt. 

Sky Hook as now I'm like Captain hook but just a little more bad ass :P  

Yeah I think it's o.k, you just need to adapt to it, will see how it works out when more action happens  :lol: 

Checkpoint 2 complete.

I thought it was the same lighthouse.

I'm not a religious person so wasn't bothered by it. My thinking is that it's just a video game, don't take it so seriously.

I didn't realize it was the same couple showing up until you mentioned it

It's a beautiful world but I think I still prefer Rapture. 

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple?  :angry:

No, I didn't throw it at all.

I think they knew I was coming and gave me the mark to make everyone hostile towards me.

The wrench. Simple but effective.

Hasn't been a problem yet but might become one later. 

(As I'm doing the 1999 run after having completed the game when it got on IGC, I'll try to answer like I would have done at that moment)

I think this is all about recalling. It acts like a common point between Columbia and Rapture

It fits perfectly in the game's spirit. Columbia is a prophet's promised land, not some rich man's dream come true.

Until this moment, they seem to know Booker and they got to Columbia...After him? Before him? Were they the couple on the boat? Why did a statue resembling the man change into a statue resembling the woman?

It is brighter, but it doesn't feel a better place.

Nope, even if I would like to know what happens if you do

I'm a man, oppressed by my debts, and a criminal organization seems to want the Lamb of Columbia...

I liked better the Wrench, just because it is more real.

I think it is more action-oriented, but the horror in Bioshock must come from the atmosphere rather than from jumpscares. I think there will be enemies like BDs, those who you won't face openly, so this basic aspect didn't change.

Until this moment, they seem to know Booker and they got to Columbia...After him? Before him? Were they the couple on the boat? Why did a statue resembling the man change into a statue resembling the woman?

Oh wow, I forgot all about that statue already (I think it was before the raffle bit). I just thought it was somehow part of the Columbia regular stuff xD There was something written on that statue too, but I didn't look at what it said :/

Nope, even if I would like to know what happens if you do

The actual scene plays out the same whether you decide to throw at the couple or the announcer. The only difference is the location of a piece of gear later in the game.

However, if you don't throw the ball at all you do NOT get that piece of gear at all and just miss out on it. I guess they are penalizing you for not making a choice.

Oh wow, I forgot all about that statue already (I think it was before the raffle bit). I just thought it was somehow part of the Columbia regular stuff xD There was something written on that statue too, but I didn't look at what it said :/

Yes the world of Columbia has a lot of secrets to look out for. A tip for everyone playing, pay attention...there is a lot to discover :).

So, who *has* completed Checkpoint 2 in the current playthrough :P? Very few people who have recently posted have mentioned their checkpoints (if they even did so during checkpoint 1). I know Mystvayne and I have reached the current checkpoint and Raitandrul has apparently accidentally done so during checkpoint 1 already.

So, who *has* completed Checkpoint 2 in the current playthrough :P? Very few people who have recently posted have mentioned their checkpoints (if they even did so during checkpoint 1). I know Mystvayne and I have reached the current checkpoint and Raitandrul has apparently accidentally done so during checkpoint 1 already.

Yeah I did 2 checkpoints in a row, got busted xD

Checkpoint reached too :P

• Like 1

The actual scene plays out the same whether you decide to throw at the couple or the announcer. The only difference is the location of a piece of gear later in the game.

However, if you don't throw the ball at all you do NOT get that piece of gear at all and just miss out on it. I guess they are penalizing you for not making a choice.

Awww nuts! I didn't throw the ball. Is that gear needed for a trophy? Will it really matter if I don't get it? That's what I get for trying to be non violent.  :(

Awww nuts! I didn't throw the ball. Is that gear needed for a trophy? Will it really matter if I don't get it? That's what I get for trying to be non violent.  :(

No you don't need it for a trophy or anything so you are safe. You'll just miss out on a random piece of gear. It could have been something helpful but nothing necessary.

No you don't need it for a trophy or anything so you are safe. You'll just miss out on a random piece of gear. It could have been something helpful but nothing necessary.

Ok thanks. I'll just have to go without it. I'll remember to throw it on my next playthrough. 

I'm at the Island!  I think there were only 3 infusions so far though.

Skyhook is starting to win me over :)

4 infusions so far: 3 found, 1 given through story (5 extra also available for season pass owners in the bar with the twins)

Hey Buu, how many people do you want to reach checkpoint 2 before I submit the checkpoint questions?

Buu's original plan was for checkpoint 3 to go up on Tuesday, so I'm guessing you should have them up by then at the latest (or put them up earlier now so people have time to think about answers/can answer immediately after they complete the checkpoint). Based on this I'm guessing you done with checkpoint 2 in the current playthrough :P? You haven't mentioned it in any of your posts that I've seen.