We Play Bioshock Infinite

My game took ages to download so I didn't finish checkpoint 1 in time but I've caught up now and finished checkpoint 2.

Don't worry, there's no actual time limit to completing any - catching up is perfectly fine, just don't speed ahead of us :P

4 infusions so far: 3 found, 1 given through story (5 extra also available for season pass owners in the bar with the twins)

Buu's original plan was for checkpoint 3 to go up on Tuesday, so I'm guessing you should have them up by then at the latest (or put them up earlier now so people have time to think about answers/can answer immediately after they complete the checkpoint). Based on this I'm guessing you done with checkpoint 2 in the current playthrough :P? You haven't mentioned it in any of your posts that I've seen.

Not yet, I was busy playing Velocity 2x :). I am hoping to get it done today though.

Hey Buu, how many people do you want to reach checkpoint 2 before I submit the checkpoint questions?

OMG wth am I writing. Sorry wait till like 3/4 of the group are up to date. I think not feeling well and sleeping badly is effecting my brain. I'm typing loads of things thqat don't make sense.

Anyway going to start playing this i'm starting to feel a bit better.

Edited by Superbuu3

I'm obviously behind I'm going to only play this tonight. I'll update people's positions in the first post later

Checkpoint 3 - Complete Chapter 7 Battleship Bay (Completed 0 out of 18)

Chapter 6 - Monument Tower - 4 Voxophones, 1 infusion upgrades

Chapter 7 - Battleship Bay - 5 Voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 3 sightseer, some gear

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

I'm obviously behind I'm going to only play this tonight. I'll update people's positions in the first post later

Checkpoint 3 - Complete Chapter 7 Battleship Bay (Completed 0 out of 18)

Chapter 6 - Monument Tower - 4 Voxophones, 1 infusion upgrades

Chapter 7 - Battleship Bay - 5 Voxophone, 1 infusion upgrade, 3 sightseer, some gear

Guide Voxophones here

Guide Sightseer here

Guide Infusions here

Guide Gear here

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I liked how you threw in "some gear" in the checkpoint description right after listing all the specific amounts of everything.
  • Like 1

This checkpoint (Chapter 7: Battleship Bay to be specific) has a great place to farm for some of the better gear. At one point you will get 2 gears back-to-back. The checkpoint is right before this, so if you don't like the gear you got, just restart checkpoint and open the 2 gears again until you get something you want. Some gears are more rare than others so it could take several tries if you are looking for a specific one like Winter Shield.

• Like 1

OMG wth am I writing. Sorry wait till like 3/4 of the group are up to date. I think not feeling well and sleeping badly is effecting my brain. I'm typing loads of things thqat don't make sense.

Anyway going to start playing this i'm starting to feel a bit better.

I am so sorry. I picked up Guacamelee during the summer sale and became obsessed with it :P. I haven't reached checkpoint 2 yet (well I mean I have but not on this playthrough). I will not play Guacamelee today and play Infinite and get the questions up ^_^

Side note-if you haven't played Guacamelee HIGHLY RECOMMEND

• Like 3

I am so sorry. I picked up Guacamelee during the summer sale and became obsessed with it :P. I haven't reached checkpoint 2 yet (well I mean I have but not on this playthrough). I will not play Guacamelee today and play Infinite and get the questions up ^_^

Side note-if you haven't played Guacamelee HIGHLY RECOMMEND

I picked up Guacamelee during that same sale. Definitely looking forward to starting it after all the great things I've heard. That being said, stop playing it and get those questions up. Then get to work on the next round of picture trivia. If you have any spare time after that, go ahead and play Guacamelee. :P

Edited by MStalker58

I picked up Guacamelee during that same sale. Definitely looking forward to starting it after all the great things I've heard. That being said, stop playing it and get those questions up. Then get to work on the next round of picture trivia. If you have any spare time after that, go ahead and play Guacamelee. :P

I am but one man :(

• Like 1

Beaten the first 4 chapters, I hate the amount of glare in this game, but loving the game otherwise.

Videos for first 4 chapters are up and timestamps in video descriptions.

Answers Checkpoint 1:

1. There is a lighthouse at the beginning of both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite...how do you think they connect?

I wouldn't be suprised if its the same Lighthouse

2. The forced Baptism caused a bit of controversy when the game first came out. What was your opinion on it?

I'm suprised that Baptisms in a game count as me converting this is worrying

3. That Man and Woman have shown up a couple times...what role do you think they will play?

I assumed the ones in the boat are the ones asking you heads or tails, I've got no clue its really weird, at least they sound the same. I'm more bothered about why I don't row.

4. Columbia is a little...brighter than Rapture. What is your opinion on the world so far?

Too damn bright, its a lot nicer than rapture, I can see why people would live here.

5. Did you throw the baseball at the couple? :angry:

No, I threw it at the announcer

6. The mark on your hand...are you really the False Prophet? How did they know to look out for you? Who do you think you are?

OK this bugged me, I noticed we got the mark on our hand at some point between leaving the capsule and pushing through the crowd to get baptised. Exactly how that happened is weird, I mean we didn't do anything between those two things I did consider we got it branded on us by the machine strapping us in during the rocket trip, but that wasn't the case as I saw my hands after leaving it. I assume someone is doing something mean and evil to us.

7. What do you like better, the Sky Hook or the Wrench? Why?

Sky hook, I believe I can fly

8. Bioshock Infinite only lets you have 2 weapons at a time. Do you think that this was a good gameplay design (remember this is meant to be a survival horror game).

Oh we're only allowed two weapons I didn't notice as I only have two weapons.

Edited by Superbuu3

Update on group progress (Note Nullray is being counted as having completed each checkpoint as we reach it).

Checkpoint 1 - Complete Chapter 3 Raffle Square (Completed 16 out of 18)

Checkpoint 2 - Complete Chapter 5 Monument Island Gateway (Completed 12 out of 18)

Checkpoint 3 - Complete Chapter 7 Battleship Bay (Completed 6 out of 18)

Dr_Mayus it will probably be alright to put up the questions anytime you want now, I think next checkpoint wil be up on Saturday, I'm thinking 4 day checkpoints seems to be working well to let people push forward and to allow people to catch up, the checkpoints seem decently sized to occupy people I think. We'll likely keep it at 2 chapters per checkpoint.