National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

My picks

Chiefs over Pats.  I think the pats have too many injuries and the chiefs are too good on D.

Packers over Cards.  heart over head on this one.  Packers fan born and raised.

Panthers over Hawks.  Panthers have been the best team all season.

Broncos over Steelers.  Steelers have lost too much O and the donks can play a smart conservative game and win.

I don't think it will be a repeat of last weekend were all road teams win. Saying that I pick

Cheifs over Pats. Right now I think the Cheif's may be the AFC representative in the Super bowl

Bronco's over Steeler's. Honestly I think it could go either way.

Panther's over Seahawks I think this will be the best game of the weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Seahawks squeek it out.

Cardinals over Packers. If the last time these 2 played is any indication than the Packers are in for another long day.

And given how bad Pittsburgh and Denver are doing it looks like we're going to see another Patriot's super bowl.

Yay...

Gotta love the exciting and unpredictable AFC.  

I still have faith (assuming they beat the Steelers) that the Denver defense can at least slow the Pats down enough to make a game of it.  Maybe Peyton will step up for (again, assuming) his final match against Brady.

How was that for a Saturday of divisional round.

Patriots beat Chiefs by 7, and Andy Reid's clock management raised its head again.

And Cardinals win in OT after Rodgers does another Hail Mary heroic, plus we get the coin not flipping, like how do you manage that xD and then Larry almost goes the distance on the first play, only to win it 2 plays later on a run, just a amazing finish

Next year, Seattle needs to let Lynch and Graham go and FIX THE FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, at least they made it interesting in the end.  Now that their season is done it's time to focus on plugging a gaping hole.  Seems like the formula in every loss was the same, Wilson gets .0000001 seconds before being pressured - offense spends the entire 1st half going 3 and out - defense gets worn out after spending 20 of the 1st 30 minutes on the field - try and dig their way out of the hole they put themselves in during the 2nd half.  Lose the game.

They need an O-line.  They don't need Graham, Luke Willson should be a perfectly fine #1 tight-end, they don't need Lynch (or Lynch's bullshit), Rawls looked like a great RB to take Lynch's torch, they don't need a kick returner anymore, Lockett was a HUGE acquisition in that department and as a receiver, they need a damn O-line that isn't a disgrace.

All in all though, with everything that was put in front of them, from the brutal schedule to the injuries, I'm still proud of what they were able to accomplish.  Now, onto Mariners Baseball and preparing for next year.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Game Over.

Go home Seahawks, put your feet up, turn the TV on, and just cry yourselves to sleep.

Did you see the game? How was the field? I don't really follow the sport but my b/f is a Carolina fan, and this person on my PSN friends list likes to talk about football, she was gloating last week how the Seahawks were gonna win. Now they lost, she's bitching about Carolina;s dirty/cheating tactics of having a field that was in shite form. Now I've not seen the game, and don't know what happened, but I am curious to hear someone else's take on it. 

Did you see the game? How was the field? I don't really follow the sport but my b/f is a Carolina fan, and this person on my PSN friends list likes to talk about football, she was gloating last week how the Seahawks were gonna win. Now they lost, she's bitching about Carolina;s dirty/cheating tactics of having a field that was in shite form. Now I've not seen the game, and don't know what happened, but I am curious to hear someone else's take on it. 

To be honest after the first quarter I basically just staked my soul on the Panthers winning. So I ended up just doing my errands early.

I heard something about the Seahawks having problems with their cleats? Idk what that was about but I think it had something to do with the field not being in good shape so it may have been tripping them up?

I got home half way through the 4th quarter though so I can't exactly say what the Panthers dirty tactics were. I was pleasantly shocked to see the Seahawks rallied somehow to get to where they were.

I'm betting someone else in this thread will be able to give you more info on the game. They are 100% more knowledgeable about the sport than I am anyways. xD I just know dirty plays when I see them and when an idiotic call is made by refs. (or lack of calls with this season.)

Looks like I will have picked 3 of the 4 games right. Only one I missed is the Chief's Patroits game.

Championship weekend coming up next.

As much as it pains me to say this I think the Patroits will be in the Super Bowl once again. Unless Denver's Defense can stop Brady and Co.

In the NFC I think The Cardinals will win and go to the Superbowl to face Patriots.

In the NFC I think The Cardinals will win and go to the Superbowl to face Patriots.

I don't know man, Palmer has looked really bad in his last 2 games.  He, at best, escaped the Green Bay game.  The one touchdown he threw in the past 2 games was a deflection luckily bouncing into a Cardinal's hands and Shield straight dropped what would have most likely been a game ending interception late in the 4th.  As much as I didn't want to believe it over the regular season, the Panthers look like they're, at least this year, legit.