National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

He's very good at keeping his job with his 7-9 mediocrity, I wish I knew how he did it

There's two asterisks in that article that seemed very telling to me.

The first was the team option to still release him after the season and only have to pay him 1 year worth of his salary.  

The second was them being "grateful for all Fisher did in helping transition the team from St. Louis to Los Angeles", which reads to me as "he did all he could to make sure ownership's wallets were happy to try and secure as much good will as possible".  

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing briefly in the offseason that an extension was done, then it was never mentioned again.  So it sounds like ownership might have given him a shit or get off the pot year.  We'll "extend" you through 2018 but if the team sucks again you're done and we're not paying you squat.

There's two asterisks in that article that seemed very telling to me.

The first was the team option to still release him after the season and only have to pay him 1 year worth of his salary.  

The second was them being "grateful for all Fisher did in helping transition the team from St. Louis to Los Angeles", which reads to me as "he did all he could to make sure ownership's wallets were happy to try and secure as much good will as possible".  

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing briefly in the offseason that an extension was done, then it was never mentioned again.  So it sounds like ownership might have given him a shit or get off the pot year.  We'll "extend" you through 2018 but if the team sucks again you're done and we're not paying you squat.

We dealt with him in tennessee for a long time, and I do not wish him on anyone. If they're smart they would get rid of fisher, unless they don't care about winning.

So, if Kaepernick decides to void his deal and become a free agent (or the team is done with him, or both) which team is dumb enough to add that cancer to their locker room?  Thoughts?

Is this where I see my GM panic and pay for him when he can't get Tony Romo or Jay Cutler?

Is this where I see my idiot, inbred Owner clean house and demand his new GM bring the guy in?

Is this where I simply curl up in the fetal position because that's where most Jets fans can usually be found on a regular basis?

Today was a great day. I will have finished the M:SM platinum, and my Ravens destroyed the Dolphins, led by the Elite Dragon, Joe Flacco.

It was almost perfect.

ALMOST

(why did both the steelers and bengals have to win???)

So, if Kaepernick decides to void his deal and become a free agent (or the team is done with him, or both) which team is dumb enough to add that cancer to their locker room?  Thoughts?

I think any QB-suffering team would get him instantly. The man is a former shell of himself, but he's still better than some starting QBs in the league, and is capable to start with any QB needy team, specifically Chicago, LA, NYJ, and (long shot here) Denver.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

Today was a great day. I will have finished the M:SM platinum, and my Ravens destroyed the Dolphins, led by the Elite Dragon, Joe Flacco.

It was almost perfect.

ALMOST

(why did both the steelers and bengals have to win???)

I think any QB-suffering team would get him instantly. The man is a former shell of himself, but he's still better than some starting QBs in the league, and is capable to start with any QB needy team, specifically Chicago, LA, NYJ, and (long shot here) Denver.

His "talent" comes with an ever-growing amount of baggage now too.  He seems more concerned with gaining attention at any cost than improving on the field anymore.  Seems like an awful, and I mean Manziel-esque, awful risk now.

Also, absolutely gutted seeing the Hawks losing Earl, possibly for good, while blowing out a Carolina skeleton crew.  

Edited by skidmarkgn

His "talent" comes with an ever-growing amount of baggage now too.  He seems more concerned with gaining attention at any cost than improving on the field anymore.  Seems like an awful, and I mean Manziel-esque, awful risk now.

Also, absolutely gutted seeing the Hawks losing Earl, possibly for good, while blowing out a Carolina skeleton crew.  

Isn't that almost every young NFL player? (Well, Kaps what 27?)

And yeah, didn't even notice he went down, all I heard was the continued pounding of Cam Newton and co. Sucks that he did though.

ALSO IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY HEAR, JEFF FISHER HAS BEEN LEGIT RESIGNED FOR 2 MORE YEARS WITH THE RAMS

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-patriots-farmer-20161204-story.html

Isn't that almost every young NFL player? (Well, Kaps what 27?)

And yeah, didn't even notice he went down, all I heard was the continued pounding of Cam Newton and co. Sucks that he did though.ALSO IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY HEAR, JEFF FISHER HAS BEEN LEGIT RESIGNED FOR 2 MORE YEARS WITH THE RAMS

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-patriots-farmer-20161204-story.html

Most people are like wtf, why, me included and that sucks for Earl Thomas, I hope the tweet he did send about him considering retirement doesn't happen, he's still such a good player

Earl out = bad.

I am sure that his retirement talk is just emotion.  If he had a history of injury, I would take the comment more seriously.  Heal up man, you've got the HOF in front of you!

If I was a Panther fan, I'd be ashamed of my team right now.  Not because of the record, shit happens, but because of the "effort" I saw last night, especially from Cam, whose supposed to be some kind of leader (laugh out loud).  Every time they showed him on the sidelines, that was a dude that clearly didn't give a f--k.  Yeah, your team is in injury hell, your management traded your corner and your defense suffered immensely because of it, your season is done.  Doesn't mean it's time to lay down and phone it in,  Keuchly was the only guy on the team that seemed to care, at all.  Last year, when they were 14-0 and the #1 seed was already locked up, Cam was more than happy to still celebrate every 1st down and make sure everyone was singing his praises.  Now that the chips are down and they're back into mediocrity, he's not even trying and it's pitiful.  If it were me, I'd have a serious conversation with my starters and ask them if they want to play, because there's some backups out there that I'm sure would love to try and show what they got.

• Like 1

^It's what I expect from a 27 year old, 6'5'' 224lb child.  He has no emotional maturity and shows it everyday with with antics.  Nobody taught him to grow up.

NFC west is interesting to me.  Seattle is the only team that has given up less than 200pts, and SF has given up the most.  Rams have scored the fewest points too.  The highest scoring is not in the division though... (not by a long, long shot)

• Like 1

If the NFL wants to know why their television ratings have tanked, one of the big reasons is on ESPN right now.  I mean, I sitll think that schmucks like Colin Kaepernick and his "political" protesting have driven away a lot of fans -- myself included, I watch less NFL (and much less ESPN) because I view sports as my escape from that shit and I'll find other entertainments if it's getting corrupted -- but having the atrocity known as the New York Jets in prime time can't be helping.

If the NFL wants to know why their television ratings have tanked, one of the big reasons is on ESPN right now.  I mean, I sitll think that schmucks like Colin Kaepernick and his "political" protesting have driven away a lot of fans -- myself included, I watch less NFL (and much less ESPN) because I view sports as my escape from that shit and I'll find other entertainments if it's getting corrupted -- but having the atrocity known as the New York Jets in prime time can't be helping.

Yeah both those reasons ain't helping, though ESPN can't flex games if I remember right :hmm:

Terrible football a-plenty (although in cases like the Bears/49ers game it actually reaches "so bad it's good status").  Terrible officiating a-plenty.  Prime-time games are unwatchable about 80% of the time.  Scoring play / commercials / announcement of the review / commercials / kickoff / commercials / one play followed by a penalty / commercials.  Athletes being douchebag attention whores.  Constant rule changes making it impossible to play defense.  The list for why ratings are down is endless.

^It's what I expect from a 27 year old, 6'5'' 224lb child.  He has no emotional maturity and shows it everyday with with antics.  Nobody taught him to grow up.

NFC west is interesting to me.  Seattle is the only team that has given up less than 200pts, and SF has given up the most.  Rams have scored the fewest points too.  The highest scoring is not in the division though... (not by a long, long shot)

I forgot to mention that Kelly and Fisher will be back, so expect more of the same.

The only reason anyone even knows about Kap's protest is because of media coverage.  He didn't make a statement for the first 2 games, before the media blew it up (and I cant remember the last time he even addressed it).  If you go to the game you wouldnt notice and if you watch on tv you wont see it.  The media knows how emotional people are and use it to make a story.

To be honest, because he was so silent on it, I always thought he just threw that reason out just to have a defense for not standing.  But. that's just speculation.

Incase anyone missed this yesterday http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18201764/chicago-bears-san-francisco-49ers-fail-complete-pass-first-quarter

first time this has happened in the 1st qtr of a game since 1988

Well, to be honest must be said that was because of the weather... I don't know about Bears, but was clearly that SF preferred the run game 'cause this year WR was awful (and still Kap is not the most accuracy QB out there)... So both teams got stuck in a (boring) run game.

Then, in the 2min warning someone at Bears thought "f**k it, where 0-6, let's try some pass", and when they realised their QB can throw in the snow, they went all to 6-26  :facepalm: