Konami..You done fucked up.

OnePieceDude

I think it's funny how many people hate Konami, but will still buy MGSV and make them millions. "Fuck you for firing Kojima, cancelling Silent Hills, and treating your employees terribly. Now I'd like to give you $60 for your new game please."

The simple thing to do would be don't support Konami, and don't buy MGSV. But that won't happen, and Konami will continue to fuck everything up because they keep making money off it.

I think it's funny how many people hate Konami, but will still buy MGSV and make them millions. "Fuck you for firing Kojima, cancelling Silent Hills, and treating your employees terribly. Now I'd like to give you $60 for your new game please."

The simple thing to do would be don't support Konami, and don't buy MGSV. But that won't happen, and Konami will continue to fuck everything up because they keep making money off it.

I like to think of buying MGSV as supporting Kojima as he still made it and I never really bought other Konami games.

Doesn't make a difference though as Konami still gets the money. But it's Metal Gear Solid fucking 5 and if things are going the way they are now it'll be the last damn thing I'll ever buy from them.

Edited by Blue Flare

This isn't surprising. It's been pretty clear that Konami, as a console game developer, is pretty much dead after MGSV. At least Konami as the way we know it. With Iga (Castlevania) and Kojima (MGS) leaving, plus the cancellation of Silent Hills, Konami has dealt major blows to 3 of their most popular franchises. Their president even said that mobile games will be their major platform in the future. Get used to seeing these because Konami will be focusing on mobile games, Pachinko machines, and I guess PES games.

Listen to this guy, he knows. 

Konami won't be dead even if they would dissappear from the console market. 

Edited by Fuji_tha_Hero

It's only going to get worse from here on, it's best to pretend Konami doesn't exist anymore as soon as MGSV comes out. Walk away and never look back.

I'm going to love MGS V knowing it's Kojima's last MGS game.. I don't think I'll really touch the series afterwards if Konami keeps making them.

That's kind of how they got everyone. It's pretty much "You hate us, do you? Well, don't you love Metal Gear Solid and want The Phantom Pain?" while dangling it in front of the fans faces. You either buy it and support them, or don't buy it and miss out on experiencing the game.

But yeah, this and pretty much anything else they are bound to do is adding fuel to the fire.

This is how i felt when they said Silent Hills was canceled.

P55nyAI.gif

This is how i feel about this video.

1388425848659.png

>:,(

i_know_that_feel_bro.png

I know those machines are crazy popular in Japan and it could sell well but why cancel the actual Silent Hills game?

Edited by NullRay85

That's kind of how they got everyone. It's pretty much "You hate us, do you? Well, don't you love Metal Gear Solid and want The Phantom Pain?" while dangling it in front of the fans faces. You either buy it and support them, or don't buy it and miss out on experiencing the game.

But yeah, this and pretty much anything else they are bound to do is adding fuel to the fire.

People could always just buy it used if they don't want to support Konami, but still want to play it. You can still support Kojima, but by doing so with his future projects once he's completely done with Konami.

People could always just buy it used if they don't want to support Konami, but still want to play it. You can still support Kojima, but by doing so with his future projects once he's completely done with Konami.

I don't think the solution is to don't play MGSV. Konami is dead as a gaming developer because they're not making a lot of money compared of what they're doing in other mediums. They make MGSV and costs millions and millions of dollars and a lot of time to finish it, surely the game will be sold, but no as much as making a mobile game that are easy to develop and faster to publish and probably just cost only a few millions.

I'm sure Kojima wants everyone to play his last entry in his epic franchise, by not playing the game, his dream is over. For Silent Hills is almost the same, and even though everyone was excited about PT, its a franchise that in his good old days didn't sold over 2 million copies.

The Silent Hills project was a surprise, because I was almost sure they were going to lose millions of dollars, and that's sad, because the horror is dead by now. In reality, no one buys horror games, we don't make the difference in sales. They are smart as a company that wants money, because, after all, that's what a company wants, they're not looking for fan service, they need money for them, to grow their company and feed everyone that works to them (even though they're firing everyone)

I'm sad, really sad for all the IP's they have and now all will be dead, Konami was one of the top dogs back in the day, they were a company that used to have E3 conferences -- this year, not a single game was showed on stage. 

Konami knows that we are buying Metal Gear Solid V not because of the them, but because its a franchise that we all love, nobody will buy a Metal Gear game without Kojima. Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Castlevania, everything they own is over guys, they will not develop more games on franchises with so much cost to develop and so much time to publish. They should just sell their IP's. 

Even buying it used wouldn't it still be giving Konami money? I haven't bought anything used in a long while, so I wouldn't really know if it works like that. But yeah, I think everyone's in agreement that once Phantom Pain is out they will jump ship once Kojima announces whatever he's going to do. Considering how bad things are at Konami with the way they treat their employees it might be a good thing for him in the long run. I would like to see what he could come up with. I expect a spiritual successor to MGS, but I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to Zone of the Enders or Snatcher.

I don't think the solution is to don't play MGSV. Konami is dead as a gaming developer because they're not making a lot of money compared of what they're doing in other mediums. They make MGSV and costs millions and millions of dollars and a lot of time to finish it, surely the game will be sold, but no as much as making a mobile game that are easy to develop and faster to publish and probably just cost only a few millions.

I'm sure Kojima wants everyone to play his last entry in his epic franchise, by not playing the game, his dream is over. For Silent Hills is almost the same, and even though everyone was excited about PT, its a franchise that in his good old days didn't sold over 2 million copies.

The Silent Hills project was a surprise, because I was almost sure they were going to lose millions of dollars, and that's sad, because the horror is dead by now. In reality, no one buys horror games, we don't make the difference in sales. They are smart as a company that wants money, because, after all, that's what a company wants, they're not looking for fan service, they need money for them, to grow their company and feed everyone that works to them (even though they're firing everyone)

I'm sad, really sad for all the IP's they have and now all will be dead, Konami was one of the top dogs back in the day, they were a company that used to have E3 conferences -- this year, not a single game was showed on stage. 

Konami knows that we are buying Metal Gear Solid V not because of the them, but because its a franchise that we all love, nobody will buy a Metal Gear game without Kojima. Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Castlevania, everything they own is over guys, they will not develop more games on franchises with so much cost to develop and so much time to publish. They should just sell their IP's. 

I didn't say not to play Metal Gear Solid V. I said that if people don't wish to support Konami, they can still play the game without giving them money. Buying the game used allows them to do the both of those things. If they wish to support Kojima financially, they can do so with his future projects.

Even buying it used wouldn't it still be giving Konami money? I haven't bought anything used in a long while, so I wouldn't really know if it works like that. But yeah, I think everyone's in agreement that once Phantom Pain is out they will jump ship once Kojima announces whatever he's going to do. Considering how bad things are at Konami with the way they treat their employees it might be a good thing for him in the long run. I would like to see what he could come up with. I expect a spiritual successor to MGS, but I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to Zone of the Enders or Snatcher.

No, developers and publishers do not make money off of used game sales. When you buy a used game, whether it be from Gamestop, EB Games, or what have you, only that retailer sees a profit. Again, if people don't wish to financially support Konami, but still wish to play the game, all they have to do is buy it used and they can do both.

I didn't say not to play Metal Gear Solid V. I said that if people don't wish to support Konami, they can still play the game without giving them money. Buying the game used allows them to do the both of those things. If they wish to support Kojima financially, they can do so with his future projects.

No, developers and publishers do not make money off of used game sales. When you buy a used game, whether it be from Gamestop, EB Games, or what have you, only that retailer sees a profit. Again, if people don't wish to financially support Konami, but still wish to play the game, all they have to do is buy it used and they can do both.

Oh, okay, fair point, that's a great idea for everyone was dissapointed by them

I agree that the solution does not lie in boycotting MGS V, or even in buying it used.  If this is to be Mr Kojima's final game under the Konami banner, we should all show our support for him by buying the game that he's been building towards for close to 30 years now - the (likely) culmination of a universe that he created all the way back in 1987.  Shunning it at launch and then buying a cheap copy later on can't be doing him any favours; it will create the impression that people don't care enough about his swansong to bother playing it. despite the fact that it will still sell millions of copies regardless.

I don't currently have a PS4 myself, but I'll still be buying a brand-new copy of the game when it releases.  This way, I know that I've bought the game that Kojima wants us to buy, I'll have contributed slightly to its undoubted success, and I can then stick two fingers up at Konami from then on.  The way that they've been conducting themselves recently has put me right off buying anything from them aside from MGS V - and I'll be emailing them to say so.