UPDATE No Lion King or Nightmare Before Christmas in KH3

MarsipanRumpan

So in an interview at E3, Nomura got asked about older worlds and wheter they will be returning or not.
He couldn't say anymore about new or returning worlds other then those we got. However he told us that there will be a very limited set of worlds returning in Kingdom Hearts 3.

He then went on to announce that two of his favourite worlds, The Pride Lands (Lion King) and Halloween Town WON'T return in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Now I have mixed feelings about this, these two were some of my favourite worlds, especially Halloween town with that god awesome music and Jack Skellington.
Im happy we will mostly see new worlds, but Im pretty shocked he announced two of the more popular worlds, instead of a few unpopular ones... *Cough Atlantica Cough*

Ofcourse it was pretty obvious Halloween Town wasn't going to return, since every part of the story is done. However we could've seen a lot from Pride Lands.

EDIT: So apperently it seems like Pride Lands (Lion King) actually have a chance of making it into KH3 anyways. The article was wrongly translated, Halloween Town WON't return and that's a fact still. But Lion King has a chance of making it. 
Im sorry, here is my updated source on the topic:

What worlds do you hope return and are there any special you would kill to be left out?

In my opinion, I want Stitch to return, however on Hawaii this time. Otherwise I don't have one in particular I want to return I think.
I also don't know if I want it, but its pretty likely that Aladdin will return, since a new movie is coming out and we still haven't explored the King of Thieves world. 
I think its pretty likely we'll see Pirates of the Caribbean again, like it or not. We haven't explored Davy Jones arc yet, and it is literally perfect for Kingdom Hearts, seeing as it revolves a lot around hearts.

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

Too bad, Halloween Town and Agrabah have been my favorites since KH1. Here's hoping Aladdin and the King of Thieves does appear in KH3. I'd also like to see The Black Cauldron and Atlantis (not the one with the little mermaid, but the expedition to the sunken continent). Also I hope Star Wars and Marvel don't make an appearance and ruin the Kingdom Hearts feel.

Kinda of sucks, the one world I was hoping wouldn't return is Atlantica dood :/

Me too dood.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Now come on Atlantica CAN'T return,it was the worst,I liked it more in the second game and that says a lot.

Stitch would make a lot of sense after his appearance in BBS and I'm also a big fan of the movie so fingers crossed.

I think there will be worlds from pixar like toy story and maybe something from star wars and marvel(even though that's kinda risky)

• Like 1

Happy that halloweentown and pride lands won't be returning.

I was getting tired of halloweentown after 3 games (if you include CoM) and just wasn't a fan of the Pride Lands.

If Atlantica makes a return I'm going to cut someone. It sucked in the first game and if you forced POW's to play it in the second game it would be against the Geneva Convention. Just please for the love of gaming leave this crap out of KH3.

I do hope to see Treasure Planet though. Especially since it should have some really cool gummi ship interactions as well.

Something from Sword in the Stone, Emperor's New Groove, or Monster's Inc would be nice to see.

As awesome as Halloween Town was throughout the series, it makes sense for it not to return, at least for now. We've seen all of the content that The Nightmare Before Christmas had between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, even 358/2 Days had a little addition to it.

As for Pride Lands, I'm honestly surprised it's not returning. I mean Agrabah in Kingdom Hearts II was loosely based on The Return of Jafar, so it would have been pretty easy to base a revisit to the Pride Lands on The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. Even if the sequels were kind of meh, it'd still be great to see Simba and everyone again.

Seeing as everyone's throwing in their guesses and hopes for new worlds, I'll throw in a few. Since Tangled and Big Hero 6 are happening, along with Tetsuya Nomura being a huge fan, Frozen is the most likely to happen next. Whether it'll be a regular world or an Atlantica styled singing one, who knows.

My top wish is one based on The Princess and the Frog. Everything to do with Dr. Facilier, his voodoo magic, and the spirits he communicates with would work very well with the forces of darkness at work in the series.

As awesome as Halloween Town was throughout the series, it makes sense for it not to return, at least for now. We've seen all of the content that The Nightmare Before Christmas had between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, even 358/2 Days had a little addition to it.

As for Pride Lands, I'm honestly surprised it's not returning. I mean Agrabah in Kingdom Hearts II was loosely based on The Return of Jafar, so it would have been pretty easy to base a revisit to the Pride Lands on The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. Even if the sequels were kind of meh, it'd still be great to see Simba and everyone again.

Seeing as everyone's throwing in their guesses and hopes for new worlds, I'll throw in a few. Since Tangled and Big Hero 6 are happening, along with Tetsuya Nomura being a huge fan, Frozen is the most likely to happen next. Whether it'll be a regular world or an Atlantica styled singing one, who knows.

My top wish is one based on The Princess and the Frog. Everything to do with Dr. Facilier, his voodoo magic, and the spirits he communicates with would work very well with the forces of darkness at work in the series.

Oh god. Please no more singing. It made my ears bleed in KH2 and I ended up having to mute the TV. It was god awful.

• Like 1

I'm 100% sure Olympus Colosseum will return, as will Pirates of the Caribbean (I hope).

It's great that they're putting in new worlds. Gives us some new places to explore.

Well Olympus is already confirmed, so you have already a correct guess lol. Actually the E3 trailer, like 80% of the trailer was Mount Olympus :)

Treasure Planet needs to happen. For returning worlds, I'm hoping for Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, and I really want a new Castle Oblivion world (one that isn't created through cards).

Well Castle Oblivion will obviously return since

Ven is residing in there, they will aquire him with the help of Aqua. I guess that Castle Oblivion returns ro being Land of Departure?

• Like 1

Well Olympus is already confirmed, so you have already a correct guess lol. Actually the E3 trailer, like 80% of the trailer was Mount Olympus :)

Oh right, i totally forgot about the first trailer :facepalm: It's been so long lol 

I'll guess on another world then. Twilight Town is definitely a sure-fire bet, it's a fan favourite. Fail, it was also in the trailer :facepalm:

Weeeeeell then....i'll just guess on Land of Dragons and call it a day :wave:

• Like 1

Oh right, i totally forgot about the first trailer :facepalm: It's been so long lol 

I'll guess on another world then. Twilight Town is definitely a sure-fire bet, it's a fan favourite. Fail, it was also in the trailer :facepalm:

Weeeeeell then....i'll just guess on Land of Dragons and call it a day :wave:

Hahahaha, best comment ever lol

Its sad to see them go, but if Nomura wants that, that's fine by me. Don't know about the long time KH fans though. Also Nomura, DON'T BRING ATLANTICA BACK!!!!

But what if Nomura wants Atlantica back? Oh my god I would be so fucking sad by that, don't even Nomura, don't even....

I remember Nomura said that the majority of the worlds would be brand new to KH3 not long after it was first announced. That being said, he brought back Olympus Coliesium. Don't know why but I effing hate that place. That and freakin Agrabah. Those two worlds have been grossly overdone in the core games and side games. The only games those two worlds don't appear in is DDD I believe. Also I honestly don't want any more live action worlds as it just clashed with the KH art style and it just didn't fit very well. Two worlds I would love to see are a Toy Story World, or an Incredibles World. Toy Story is all about friendship, a value that's stressed in KH, so it could easily fit. I also wouldn't mind a Wreck-It Ralph world. Just for the love of god don't bring back Agrabah.

I think in KH3 Atlantica would be cool if there wouldn't be any singing imo, they could make the story on ariel's child and the villian ursula's sister that be cool

Also wasn't much of a fan of the pride lands but i would have liked them continuing with Simba's child story since they did make her appear in the credits.

Agrabah is a must. It's my favourite world and would be cool seeing the King of Thieves story in it.

I'm more hoping of the old classic disney movies to make appearance in the game rather than these new disney stuff. Treasure planet, lilo and stitch (im kinda 90% sure this world is gonna happen), The black cauldron would be awesome to see. I can also see Castle Oblivion will be a world you can go in KH3, i mean we gotta save ventus.

EDIT: Also if they get the rights, Toy Story would definetly happen, since there were codes and untextured models of woody and bus in both games if i remember, but they never made it to the final game

Edited by Kyl542

That sucks I like the nightmare before Christmas level -_-

Just hope it doesn't become future dlc -_-

Nah dude, I feel like I have to answer this one.

So first of all, it won't be released as a DLC, maybe we get a Jack Summon or something, but I promise you we won't get a Halloween Town DLC. 

Im pretty sure we won't get a world DLC, just saying.

Also, think of it this way. Every KH so far has DLC, every single one I think (Except DDD) if they do ad world DLC they make it a ton easier for you, if they didn't you would have to buy the final mix the year after, wich means you have to buy the game again. (Im not against your opinion, I just wanted to say it to you, I agree DLC can be annoying)

I think its brilliant with DLC, they're just making it easier for you now. If KH2 was a PS3 titles, you could've chosen if you wanted to buy the Final Mix (Essentially GOTY edition, or Complete Game) or you could buy the Data bosses alone for some extra content.