Metal Gear Solid V - Launch Trailer

Oh my god, dat Big Boss transformation! Omg, dat Metal Gear! :o Goddamn it, now I'm even more hyped for watching this trailer, damn it! I really hope that this game turns out to be the best game of this year. I even hope that it's possible that this game ends up being my favorite game og all-time, buuut... we'll have to see about that. I'm honored on being a fan of Hideo Kojima!

Edited by Ethan Ruhkillmeez
  • Like 1

Okay, I will admit I shed a few tears when they started to show the recap of the entire metal gear solid series with that beautiful music.... still don't think I'm ready to accept this will be the final metal gear solid game :(

• Like 2

Okay, I will admit I shed a few tears when they started to show the recap of the entire metal gear solid series with that beautiful music.... still don't think I'm ready to accept this will be the final metal gear solid game :(

that is spot on!

mixed emotions are rushing in my head when I saw this trailer!

I really don't like Quiet's theme [stefanie just can't sing] but I LOVED the hallway scene. I hope they go hardcore with Big Boss becoming a villain and they don't pussy out of it.

Highly debatable, I thought her vocals were excellent in this trailer. While I think they'll make Big Boss do some very questionable things, I think he'll come around by the end. Who knows, maybe at the end you'll play Big Boss chasing wheelchair bound Zero around to coincide with the ending of MGS4.

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

Highly debatable, I thought her vocals were excellent in this trailer. While I think they'll make Big Boss do some very questionable things, I think he'll come around by the end. Who knows, maybe at the end you'll play Big Boss chasing wheelchair bound Zero around to coincide with the ending of MGS4.

That would go against everything in MG1, MG2, and ultimately make Snake's character development kind of cheap. He needs to be a villain we can sympathize with, not an anti hero.

That would go against everything in MG1, MG2, and ultimately make Snake's character development kind of cheap. He needs to be a villain we can sympathize with, not an anti hero.

I completely agree, but I wonder if they'll have the cojones to do that on the 'last' MGS game.

This game is probably going to be GOTY, and i can't wait to play it. I wonder where Hideo Kojima is going to go after he leaves though.

I just hope he doesn't form a small indie studio. He needs to get picked up by a bigger publisher (Sony winkwink) and given all the creative freedom he desires, it's clear Konami didn't want him to stop making Metal Gear Solid games. Without big budgets for his games, how will we see pointless and borderline wasteful things, like real time melting ice cube physics ala MGS2?