Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

Atlus Faithful subscribers received this email earlier today:

8Wg8T6C.png

Maybe if we're lucky, they will also announce their plans for dual-audio. :giggle:

Lol, I like the irony that Atlus is trying to create.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/19/persona-5-english-voice-cast-revealed-2

And there's the full list with English VAs for Phantom Thieves.

Also short trailer with English voices and pretty lame interview with VA of proragonist (really, don't waste your time on it. Trailer's nice though)

CvLaYnYUEAIyV8w.jpg

The only VA I've heard from this list is Matt Mercer. The others are unknown to me as I watch subbed anime.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

CvLaYnYUEAIyV8w.jpg

Nice find. I didn't recognise a lot of the voice actors names when I first saw them, but now I have a much better idea about who they are and what we're dealing with. They may not be big names like Troy Baker or Laura Bailey, but they still have a lot of talent. I've played a lot of the games they've voiced characters in with the dub, and I'm struggling to find any I didn't like.

I mean I loved Erika Harlacher as Kyoko (Danganronpa), Cassandra Morris as Fie (Trails of Cold Steel), Matthew Mercer as pretty much everything xD,Cherami Leigh as Komaru (Another Episode), and Robbie Daymond as Sorey (Tales of Zestiria). I'm less familiar with the others, but it's a lot better than I initially thought it was. Praise be to the dub! Man, a certain someone would kill me if they saw I said that... :P

Why is the picture showing so many different seiyuus on one line?

Well people used to refer to the P4 protag as Souji until the anime came out, and it's a similar situation with the P3 protag, but instead of an anime, it was the movie. The difference is that P3 didn't have tons of spin-offs using this new canon name, so it's kind of down to the individual and what they prefer. Personally, I think Makoto Yuki sounds better than Minato Arisato, but maybe that's just me. :P I refer to the female protag of P3P as Minako Arisato if that helps. xD

Wtf, if you are using Minako, why aren't you using Minato, lol.

Praise be to the dub! Man, a certain someone would kill me if they saw I said that... :P

YURUSANAI!

I can't do anything less.

MATERIAL BURST!

Shiba-Tatsuya-Material-Burst-Activation.

And here I thought you were cured. I guess the education is in place :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Wtf, if you are using Minako, why aren't you using Minato, lol.

Because that's the closest we have to a canon name with her. I know it doesn't make sense, but still! :P

YURUSANAI!

I can't do anything less.

MATERIAL BURST!

Shiba-Tatsuya-Material-Burst-Activation.

And here I thought you were cured. I guess the education is in place :awesome:

I've relapsed. I need help. :|

We need some kind of Satoshi's Rehabilitation Centre to heal those afflicted with un-weebness or something. :P

Sue me, but I'll be playing with these English voices. Yeah, the Japanese cast is great and I'll be definitely missing some of these actors, but I'll take English dub over no dub at all any day.

I couldn't care less how they'll pronounce names, honorifics etc I just wanna hear damn voices during story cutscenes :P

I still think Atlus USA did excellent job with P4G's dub and pretty good job with P3 one, if P5's dub is going to be anything like that, I'll be satisfied.

Also, It's nice they finally hired some new faces, hearing the same voice actors in most Atlus' games has become kinda tiresome (to the point where I was getting truly worried about P5's dub. I couldn't stand another game with Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Yong Bosch, Erin Fitzgerald etc)

• Like 3

We've got previews for some of the costume DLC's.

I love how they change the BGM too. Persona 3. <3

I'm going to love these DLCs :P. I also really like how they changed the BGM. Persona 4 <3.

The more shocking thing is that they actually remembered P1 and P2 were a thing :P

Yeah, exactly. Didn't see that coming :o.

The more shocking thing is that they actually remembered P1 and P2 were a thing :P

How could anyone forget about a game with this upstanding young man in there? :P

eijbJ4r.png

He's totally not Hitler by the way. :giggle:

I'm going to love these DLCs :P. I also really like how they changed the BGM. Persona 4 <3.

Same for me. I don't usually buy costume DLC, but this stuff is waaaay too good. :D I can't wait to see what they come up with later.

• Like 2