Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

The new Nintendo is called the WiiB 0

Honestly don't care too much about the dub, I played P4G in Eng over the last month on a cruise ship because my other half watched me play the entire game and followed the story in English via Vita tv. May I also add that my other half thought it was the best freaking thing in both story and game play. I forgot how to get the good good ending but at least saved nanako, my other half was "what about the dude in the gas station?" and I'm like   FUCK!. Anyway, the game (P5) was at Bic Camera and I didn't buy it,,, I also bought a game and left it on the counter in the Golden Supermarket.

This is bound to bring the wrath of certain weebs, but I'll probably stick with the English voices at first as they actually seem pretty decent. It's nice to have that option though, and if I don't like how certain characters sound in English (such as the one true waifu) then I'll use the Japanese voices instead. I'm going to give them a chance before writing them off entirely. :P

For one true waifu you MUST play it in Japanese :P

Unless you want to hear whole dungeon of cursing :P

Is it just me, or does Igor's voice sound really strange? :blink: I'm not a fan of that at all. The rest of the English voices seem good though.

There is a reason for that :awesome:

Atlus also uploaded two new videos today introducing us to Makoto and Yusuke. It's only a matter of time before we get Futaba's video... :wub:

Makoto

Yusuke

Makoto sounds wrong. No matter how they want to justify it. She sounds wrong.

Makoto is not supposed to sound like a teenager. She sounds incredibly young.

A Sony exclusive getting delayed? In other more relevant news 100% of humans took in a breath of oxygen today.

Um... that may not be quite right.

If 100% of humans took in a breath today, it would mean no one died at midnight. We can't be sure of that. :awesome:

I really wish people would stop throwing the word weeb/weeaboo around like this. Wanting dual audio doesn't make someone a weeb. This is the proper definition of a weeb:

Weeaboo

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese culture/anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong.

Please stop using this word for everything related to anime or Japan. It is highly offensive to those of us who do share an interest but are nowhere near true weeb levels.

That said, I am glad for the option to choose which kind of audio to use.

Woooow. I thought by now everyone understood how I use the word on the forums o.O

Well, Wolfie explained it, hopefully that is enough.

They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong.

That's true for majority of English speakers, though :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

For one true waifu you MUST play it in Japanese :P

Unless you want to hear whole dungeon of cursing :P

There is a reason for that :awesome:

Makoto sounds wrong. No matter how they want to justify it. She sounds wrong.

Makoto is not supposed to sound like a teenager. She sounds incredibly young.

Um... that may not be quite right.

If 100% of humans took in a breath today, it would mean no one died at midnight. We can't be sure of that. :awesome:

Woooow. I thought by now everyone understood how I use the word on the forums o.O

Well, Wolfie explained it, hopefully that is enough.

That's true for majority of English speakers, though :awesome:

Yeah, I get it now. No hard feelings. I just personally hate that word from the bottom of my heart. Carry on.

Igor's voice change is apparently related to plot, so they had to do it in English version too. Don't look into it or you might run into spoilers, at least that's what I read somewhere :P

This. Saying anything further would lead to massive spoilers, so let's leave it at that ;)

Good to know there's a reason for it.

Makoto

All that talk about justice reminds me of someone ... 

VirPtWq.gif

Someone clearly didn't read Expert Fishing.  ;)

Look on the bright side. Now you have more time to purchase a PS4.  :awesome:

Yeah, that probably would've made it a lot easier :lol:.

But PS3 > PS4 :P.

Dunno if it has been posted in here already but because of the delay they also added a free theme + avis on the US ps store but i read only until the 17th nov

EDIT:

Just added pics of the theme:

LJqoIyW.jpg

3C3W0en.jpg

Are these exclusive to the US store?

• Like 1

Yep. That would be too much if Atlus USA actually gave something to us =D

It's a PS4 theme just for info. No PS3 bonus.

Oh well i'm even surprised the game itslef arrives to the West on Ps3 in 2017, just see Nights of Azure Where not only the PS3 but even the Vita version didn't arrive....

Anyway now i could get the Ps4 one luckily xD

I Really should play Persona 4 Golden this winter....

Oh well i'm even surprised the game itslef arrives to the West on Ps3 in 2017, just see Nights of Azure Where not only the PS3 but even the Vita version didn't arrive....

Anyway now i could get the Ps4 one luckily xD

I Really should play Persona 4 Golden this winter....

Nah, they announced that PS3 version would come from the start.

It's just probably the last really big PS3 title in the west not counting EA Sports games.

And Yoru no Nai Kuni is still a weird example =D We still did not get any info about why only PS4 version was localized.

EU's getting the theme and avatars next week though. At least that's what Hardin said on the stream. :P

>Hardin

>EU

:awesome:

Btw I keep forgetting to ask, your location has 'not America' but you have US account so... you are not living in America but have US account as your main? :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's just probably the last really big PS3 title in the west not counting EA Sports games.

And Yoru no Nai Kuni is still a weird example =D We still did not get any info about why only PS4 version was localized.

>Hardin

>EU

:awesome:

Btw I keep forgetting to ask, your location has 'not America' but you have US account so... you are not living in America but have US account as your main? :D

Yeah, I don't live in America. I created a US account since my country isn't even on PSN. :P

• Like 1

EU's getting the theme and avatars next week though. At least that's what Hardin said on the stream. :P

That's good to know, I've been thinking about changing my avatar for a while now.

Yeah, that choice still doesn't make sense. I'm still disappointed the Vita version wasn't localized.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't live in America. I created a US account since my country isn't even on PSN. :P

LOL :D

But that means there should be a store that covers the country. Or it's the US one?

Woooooooo!

So glad for this. Not that I mind english voices but, there are some things you just miss in dub. If there are multiple playthroughs/endings (which is a given), I'll play one subbed and one dubbed =P 

Yep, 2 playthroughs if you want to plat.

Yeah, that choice still doesn't make sense. I'm still disappointed the Vita version wasn't localized.

'murica.

but at least I don't need to hear the weeaboos complaining.

Ladies and gentleman, we have it, this is the prototype way of using the weeb word =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Yeah i know that it was announced from the beginning still is in Fact a surprise already this year there weren't major releases on Ps3 the EA games i don't even consider them there they literally last 1 Year and are even mor ethe sme than on Ps4, Fifa 16 Servers on 3 if are not already closed it's a matter of week....

Ah I will never understand that case i always Wonder WHY it's literally the only TK game that arrived only in 1 version when it's available at leats in 2 in Japan, same for Digimon: NExt Order Why only on Ps4 a mistery bah who knows who decide this stupid things...

And Glad to see I'm not the only one dissapointed for that, at least even Dragon is i don't know how to multiquote Your post sorry :P

I really wish people would stop throwing the word weeb/weeaboo around like this. Wanting dual audio doesn't make someone a weeb. This is the proper definition of a weeb:

Weeaboo

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese culture/anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong.

Please stop using this word for everything related to anime or Japan. It is highly offensive to those of us who do share an interest but are nowhere near true weeb levels.

That said, I am glad for the option to choose which kind of audio to use.

Since I was posting this elsewhere.

One last thing regarding the W word.

This is pretty much how the word is used now :/

aDmnGNB_700b.jpg

Ah I will never understand that case i always Wonder WHY it's literally the only TK game that arrived only in 1 version when it's available at leats in 2 in Japan, same for Digimon: NExt Order Why only on Ps4 a mistery bah who knows who decide this stupid things...

Because PS4. :/