Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

• 1 month later...

Chapter 7: First Molotov Section.  Lost my composure thinking about triggering the rocket launcher cutscene.  Killed by molotove.

Chapter 3: Grenaded, just went up the lift(or elevator) and there's guys then coming up the stairs, (stadium stairs) I stayed in the lift/elev after exchanging fire and when I saw the grenade indicator..  I thought I was safe..  Boom

Chapter 7: Won't believe this but I died at the same section basically again here in ch. 7, but to the second set of Molotov guys.  I had half health and he somehow got me with a sprinkle of fire on me killing me instanly.  I was shocked because I couldn't believe I got back to same spot, but with more pks.  I thought instead of trying to rush it for the rocket launcher, I'd stay in cover, well they placed molotovs right on me, again.  I torn threw the 4 pks I had there.  To then die by the second molotovs.  brutal.

Chapter 11 today:  The boat, was cruising to be honest, and it was nice to get by chapter 7, geez that Molotov section and that pinned down senerio.  I could smell the finish line, but yet I was still so far...

It was the two guys that are behind the door that opens up later on in the chapter. (by opens up, I mean that vertically sliding door on the boat) Survived some crazy battles here, and made a mistake a few minutes before hand thinking  I could rush by the side boat sequence (which is a huge battle, but I still had to kill them)  But I survivd and pushed on.  I died by the guy, well there were  two of em' but one had a shotgun and I got sloppy here and tried to shootdive when the door slide back open.  I was too late.  I had no pk's or bullet time left after working my way up the deck.  Killed while he was entering shootdive.   The more I play the more I'm realizing that if I have bullet time, I'll use that rather than use it on a shootdive.  There's a time and place for it

Guess it could be worse.  I still had 3 hefty chapters after that.  Oh man this is quite the nerv tester when you're plaything through this wth the pressure it creates

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 13: The part where Max says "And of course, They were heading my way" Last Man Standing and I couldn't find that damn guy.

Chapter 10: Gernade thrown at me, tried to run away, but it still got me.

Chapter 8: Last Man Standing death

Chapter 7: 3 times the glitch happened

Chapter 6: That fire part with little health and no painkillers and a gernade killed the IT guy

Everything else was LMS or me killing someone important like Passos.

• 3 weeks later...

welp. Just shot passos in the graveyard, right at the beginning segment of the chapter.  I had completely forgot/didn't realize he's on the other side of the graveyard.  The way your heading and working through bad guys.  He looked just like a bad guy in cover and was litterally right int the space the bad guys were.  What a way to blow a solid 12 mintues on the clock.   

You think he'd be yelling or something, and or let me know he's over there.. considering it was just him left...  now i know..  Vaguely i remember doing this before on some mode.  Stealthy sun of a gun

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 14 tested me and my nerves in everyway possible.  And to honestly say it's interesting this was the run I succeeded on.  I'll me tell why.  I had a friend over and had played a run earlier in the day and died.  I was exhausted but decided to have em overr.  When they left and I tried to lay down to go to bed I for some reason youtube d and came across some NYMHC videos and for some reason It gave me a half life.  I enjoy watching others go after this pressure cooker obviously!   I decided to turn the ps3 again as I couldn't sleep and it was around 1;30 am.   lol i don't know what I was thinking.  But i'm glad i did.

10409227_10102233633198130_5701189674026

I have a few interesting/noteworthy happenings in this run.

No real close calls until chapter 7, then 8, 13, and absolutely the final chapter 14.  14 was destine to take away all my hard work but I kept telling my self to not give up, because I fought through multiple close and very FORTUNATE events to get there...

Close calls:

Chapter 7: I've played up till this chapter now in NYMHC alone enough to blow through these chapter.  But when I hit 7, this is where I either purposely or inadvertently slow down, because this is where I start making mistakes and have died too many times in NYMHC.   When I hit the molotov section anything can and will happen.  Nothing to crazy until the weirdest shit happened at the very end when you rush to the cutscene with the rocketlauncher in the favela.  I don't know if I rushed it to fast and left one too many enemies, but when the rocket was in mid air... and I shot it.  (bullet cam and all)  I was in shock what happened next... The rocket decided to still come and give me a kiss.  Trust me I shot it quite early, in the appropriate time.   Explosion, complete Rag doll, Full body of red health.. seriously lol not one sliver of life left in max, BUT i was still alive.  I pumped the shit out of my 4 pks I had, got back up and scurried to the chapter end with bullets hitting around me.  I don't know how it happened, how I stayed alive, or how no enemies killed me while I was ragdolled with NO HEALTH AT ALL.  I for once had a gltich/event I hadn't seen before fall on my side of the luck fence.  

Chapter 8:  Protecting passo's in the Funeral home.  The guys down below put me into LMS twice.  I didn't remember them focusing of my to this extent in previous modes.  One of those times he/the enemies was completely hidden from me until i switching my view/shoulder I can fire from and BARELY snagged the sob.  Had to take a deep breath after this chapter, because I have only once in 10+ tries made it this far.

I then got by Yacht chapter with relative ease. (i was not looking forward to revisiting my farthest journey in this mode.  Now I've entered uncharted territories in this mode).

Chapter 13.  When you come across the apc that is firing on the two gansters and you go to pick up his Launcher after he's gunned down.  I tried to go for it (the one on the right) after staying in the initial cover and tried a method I recently adopted, which was to go into BT send a rocket his way RIGHT when I pick it up. Much more gutzy tbh.... and It wouldn't shoot!  I think I had a mini heart attack, as I took damage and scurried to pump square to get into the cover on the right.  I was pumping up on the d pad as well.)  I then took the vechile down after taking cover.  But I still can't believe I survived.  I remember that apc tucking me in and most modes without any questions asked.  And it happens without much time elapsing.  

Also in the final fight of chapter 13 I was LMS'd and found the enemies through the many little windows/parts while you fight the guy above.  Once he was triggered above the guys that spawn put me into this LMS before I could react.  I laughed a little at how fast and how close this was.  I feel like they were trying to screw  me a lil.

Ok the 14th chapter, the final chapter.  15-20 minutes of doing what I've done before and this mode was toast.  Not so easy though.

I struggled right out of the gate and had to use 2 painkiller of my 3 in opening battle.  My aim was beyond erratic.  In all honesty though I made this last chapter hard for me.  I can't believe what I did after making my way and collecting jsut about all painkillers through the previous 13 chapters...I  missed the 3 painkillers on the bottom level of the terminal.  I did go up the right side escalator and grab the ONE pk on the wall.  I didn't remember, i didn't think, i clearly wasn't thinking, but i didn't think that they give you that many.  This chapter in retrospect should've been nothing near what the hell happend for me.  

When the gate opened at the far end of the terminal I had 1 painkiller.  but some damage after everyone was dealth with.  you then encouter 3 guys, and 2 after you go through the gate/terminal and trigger the 3 guys mini cutscene.  The 2 guys come right  after these 3 on the declining escalors which lead to almost boarding the train/smoke section.   I grabbed the 1 additional pk before/while taking care of the 5 guys, but used one because I had half health and took another nick which put my damage into the area of locgically using it.  Back to 1 pk.  I should've had 4 fucking painkillers tho!!!!  this would've made this section so much more of a confident area, but no I was almost shaking.  knowing I had very littler room to look/breath whatever.  It must be said, these last few 3 levels+ the enemies have automatic weapons, heavy gear on which takes quite a few hits if you're not aiming for the head.  Its a compltely diff. enemies compared to the guys handling pistols and uzis with no armor.

As the first ambush ensues (i'm now at 3 minutes and change on the clock, was at 21 minutes around ch. 7/8)  (I took cover in the main terminal with like 6-7 minutes...behind that baggage)yeah yet another thing to heats up these battles,  but back down in the train station...  I take care of the initial few guys but a guy comes out of the train I wasn't expecting and he puts my into LMS from the right side.  (i had 1 pk) thank the lord.  Not anymore.  I have a little less than half health an NO painkillers to then fight to the control button.   I manage to pause the game, take a few breathes and fight my way to the control room on the other end of the platform.  (i grab the pk in this room, so I'm back to 1)  I don't use it even though I'm still hurt.  Just in case at this point.  The 2nd ambush before boarding the train now happens once you hit the button.  I get hit very early on and decide to use the damn painkiller.  I now have no painkillers at this juncture and have 5-6 guys to take care of, and I'm pinned down. It's hard to see, there's smoke and the guys like to play hide and seek.  the time is now down into the 2 minute area.   It wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm 3+ hours in and everything rides on this battle.  

Long story short I am a little surprised I survived, but like I stated above I remember telling my self to simply think positive and take it one enemy at a time.   People probably say this quite often in their gaming escapades, but I wholeheartedly wish you guys could've seen this chapter I played.  I wish I knew how to record.  I just wish you guys saw just how I managed to survived this chapter and the ridiculous mistake of missing the 3 painkillers earlier and how that basically cost me my run. It should've, but I still decided to have a say in it.

I went back and watched a few speed runs of the world record holders on teh ps3 and this ch. from people that did this mode to figure out i missed those pks.  I was quite shocked, but atleast I could laugh about it later.  In a way it is odd laughter because I wish I didn't have to sweat it to the level I did.

Luckily for me there's 4 painkillers I want to say on the train, (once I got there)  1 at first, then 3 i think once you take care of the men that you jumped into their train with them.To end this.  I made sure to have both pistols that were auto, and a g6 for the boss.  I used the g6 at first.  And dual wielded after that.  I shot the hell out of the vechiles and blew them up as they came.  Nothing to noteworthy and well on the runway I was surprisingly on point with my grenade launcher.  I didn't go out of cover until I needed to find the last dood, to trigger the becker cutscene/send him on his way.  

The shadows definitely tried to rush me  : )

Another thing:  chapter 12... they used to start you with 9 Painkiller when the game came out, up until about a year ago when they patched arcade mode  (nym, nymhc, maybe challenge) and reduced it to 3.   I can officially say the people within the last year did this the hard way.  I watched that level on someone and it was kind of funny what 9 does to the level.  Too easy, for a decently challenging levl.   Annnd well to put this out there I have the digital version.  I never had a glitch past chapter 4.  ch. 7 rocket glitch is all, but I survived.  I'm glad I got my bugs out of the way in ch.1, 3, and then 4.  That i can work with.  I don't know that even with this sweet game I'd be able to put up with a glitch for example in the 13th chapter.  Good Luck to anyone who is brave enough, just crazy enough, and anyone who's got the confidence and luck to beat this mode.  There's plenty of room in the club and we're waiting for any newcomers!   -Silk.   Forgive my wall of post and double post, won't make a habit of it.   

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

1. chapter XIII - fire range

2. chapter XIII - granade launcher fail (parking)

3. chapter XIV - Becker's granade f*ck me out.

4. chapter XIII - first guy, only pistol, i tried to hit him :( bad idea

5. chapter XIV - well done :)))))

in this moment i need to catch last two trophies in challenge mode from dlc pack 4, this is easy. 97 % :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really want to list all 51 of my failures... Only 22 of those were actual deaths, the other 29 were freezes or glitches. I got 8 freezes in c13 and 13 map load failures in c7. I jumped off the boat in c11 and failed to kill Becker each once. My most problem level was chapter 10 due to random shit blowing up and the ridiculous end section. I never actually died in c13. Biggest problem? LMS when either I or the enemy was in cover, accounted for at least 88% of the deaths. Glad this BS is over, I don't think anyone else will have this many failures

• Like 4

#1 - I was only doing a halfhearted attempt to try and get to grips with how I'd be playing, got to chapter 5 in the shootout just before the docks, I was trying to shoot a running enemy, accidentally shot a canister and blew myself up.

#2 - Chapter 8 - My first "real" run. I was doing pretty well, or so I thought. Got up to the church after you kill the bunch of goons and get separated from Passos, I was taking cover, had no damage and a lot of bullet time so I popped up and before I could shoot the guy I was aiming at, an offscreen enemy one shotted me and because of the stupid angle I fell he was completely obscured for the last stand.

#3 - Chapter 14 - Pretty much a flawless playthrough, I took my time and still had 7 minutes left coming up to Becker, along with 9 painkillers so I was pretty ready for the final fight. Killed every enemy and shot every grenade out of the air, blew up the 2 Jeeps and the police car, just one enemy left before the cutscene starts - Becker fires a grenade but I'm reloading so I just opt to duck back into cover, undamaged seeing as I had shot all his grenades up to this point. DEAD ...I was lost for words!

#4 - Chapter 5, same location of #1 again! This time it was a grenade. I was behind cover, saw the warning icon and vaulted over it to run, instead the grenade fell short of where I was when it was thrown, and I ended up running straight into it

#5 - Chapter 14 - Another great playthrough, 20 minutes on the clock starting off. I don't know how it happened, it never did before, but I ended up using all 3 starting painkillers before I even made it up the first set of stairs, and did so at 90% damage. I got behind cover on the walkway, let bullet time build up and picked them off one by one. Eventually there was only one guy left, the one in the control room with the bulletproof glass, so I was going to go to the middle of the walkway, shootdodge and kill him from there. Except as soon as I got out of cover, he shot me through said bulletproof glass  :|

#6 - Chapter 4.1 - I was playing horribly all the way through this one, couldn't aim for shit and fucked up nearly every melee attempt I made, got to 4 with much less time on the clock than any of my previous play throughs. Blew up the 2 cars in the alleyway which usually kills everyone, but not this time. Shootdodged out the side of the alley but couldn't see where the guy was because of the smoke. The second i landed, had my head blown off, no painkillers naturally. Can't really complain because I had a hangover of Max's standards, which surprisingly did not improve my game!

Several increasingly awful runs followed this one - sections I never had any problems on ended up killing me, inexplicable. I can't really count them as "runs" because they were so short. It was around this time I became obsessed with the "perfect" playthrough - if I didn't melee almost everyone on chapter 1 & 2 or ended up in a last stand or something similar I'd quit straight away or let myself die. Stupid really, considering how it would have maybe a 20 second difference overall, but there you go. Eventually I dropped my standards slightly and things improved... somewhat.

#7 - Chapter 14 - Essentially a carbon copy of #3. Great playthrough, had 20 minutes on the clock coming up to Chapter 12 so took it slow, probably too slow, just to make sure I didn't fuck up somehow and ended up with only 5 minutes left coming up to Becker. Again killed everyone including the 2 Jeep squads. The police car arrives and is aflame by the time it parks. Blows up, yet didn't kill everyone who got out of it. I had lost one piece of cover so moved to a second when not only did Becker launch a grenade at me, but the last guy, obscured by smoke, also throws one! I shoot Becker's in mid air and let the thrown grenade land in front of my undamaged cover. But seemingly that doesn't count when it's thrown. DEAD.

#8 - A pretty decent run, got up to the graveyard with 17 minutes on the clock. Got to the section directly before you shoot the guy holding Passos at gunpoint, killed all the enemies, took the painkillers, walked towards the gate... nothing. The timer paused and Max had drawn his single firearm as always happens before a cutscene door, but nothing. Could only walk, couldn't run. Rolled around the area for a while to see if something would load, but no. Went right up to the gate and noticed that in fact I could see Passos on his knees and the guy holding the gun next to him. Thought what the hell, shot the guy, got 6 seconds but nothing progressed. After another while I decided to shoot Passos too, got the big FAILED message, expected to go back to the title screen but nope, stayed in the graveyard, doomed to forever wander around in limbo. Arguably the most frustrating of all my runs (that and #11), because it had nothing to do with me fucking up.

#9 - Chapter 12, the hotel. 24 minutes on the clock, coming up to the tremors section - heavy machine gun, full health, 4 painkillers and full bullet time. Easy peasy. Shoot most of the first bunch of guys in bullet time, still on full health, duck back into cover to reload. While there, out of NOWHERE I enter last stand! "Well shit", I thought, but I could at least see who did it. A split second before my crosshairs reach him? A tremor. My crosshairs go batshit, he stumbles behind cover. Literally my reaction as I try to retain control: 

#10 - The graveyard - right after killing the guys at the start and taking the grenade launcher, I was firing grenades up to clear out the next section, when one bounced off a pillar, came back and killed me. I saw the funny side of it, after shouting FUUCCKK THIISSSSSS of course.

#11 - See #8. Literally the exact same. Great playthrough - graveyard - game freeze. Fuck.

#12 - Chapter 11, Panama - I did what I usually did on that stage, while on the lower deck I shot the jeep that pulls up to the point of smoking, with the intention of blowing it up along with the 3 extra guys who spawn when you get to the upper deck. I got up there, pumped more rounds into it and assumed it would explode, focused more on the guys on the ship... no explosion, last stand, fall behind cover so no chance to hit anyone.

#13 - Chapter 10 - I completely screwed up the section after the starting bus graveyard bit, ended up using all my painkillers. The garage fight went similarly bad, in the end I had no painkillers so was blindly shootdodging, took a shotgun to the back and that was that.

#14 - Mission accomplished :)

egushaj.jpg

Pretty good final run overall, despite screwing the pooch completely on Chapter 4.2 I pulled it back, up to the point where I had 35 minutes on the clock, and by the end I had finished with nearly 26 minutes to spare. The best thing about it is that I happened to be recording footage at the time, so have the whole run including the moment the trophy dinged to watch back forever :D

I'm really proud of the trophy. It's technically the rarest on my list, but is it the most difficult thing I've done? No. That's probably Coin Master on NGS. But I can see why the completion rate is so low, it's extremely disheartening to put 3+ hours in and have nothing to show for it, thanks to damage inconsistency, split-second mistiming or worse, a glitch. That said, it was this knowledge that made the trophy that much more exhilarating; I was literally on the edge of my seat every time I made it as far as the hotel. It's exactly how a challenge should be. I could have technically completed it on my 2nd attempt, but I'm almost glad I didn't, because I needed all those other failed runs to make the trophy feel worthwhile. Reminded me somewhat of Hardcore mode in Dead Space 2, but with 3 saves that was *much* more forgiving. And the thing about NYMHC is in each and every run, regardless how it ended, I had fun. And that's a key point missing in top tier difficulty of so many games now. For example Akumu mode in The Evil Within, I'm never going to touch that again. It was frustrating, cheap, and imbalanced. NYMHC I definitely will try again at some point because it was fun.

It was also a nice boost to go back to NYM to see how much I had improved - For Chapter 1 I'm now in the top 20 worldwide, and #2 in Payne Killers, the biggest Max Payne crew. So maybe I'm not too bad after all :)

I've seen this game referred to as a glitchfest - especially the digital version which I was playing on - but honestly I didn't come across that many issues with it, barring the gate not opening in the cemetery. Maybe I'm just lucky. An honourable mention goes to one at the start of chapter 9 - I killed the first guy coming up the stairs, then the second guy with no helmet. He had a grenade in his hand but rather than dropping to the ground when he died, it flew up into the air and disappeared. Yet I took nearly the full brunt of the blast and got 90% damage for it! Not only that but in the middle of my blown away animation I got lodged, lying down, into cover. I couldn't do anything, just lay there with my arm moving and the rest of me completely prone. I could still fire my weapon, take painkillers etc. but nothing else. After about a minute I was going to quit when suddenly Max dislodged himself, but it made the rest of that chapter difficult because I exited that section with no bullet time/painkillers and a lot less ammo. In the end it didn't matter because it was part of #9, but it was still pretty amusing. Anyway, sorry for the essay but I had to encapsulate my joy somehow! Onto challenge mode now, then the MP trophies and a well earned Platinum :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I don't really want to list all 51 of my failures... Only 22 of those were actual deaths, the other 29 were freezes or glitches. I got 8 freezes in c13 and 13 map load failures in c7. I jumped off the boat in c11 and failed to kill Becker each once. My most problem level was chapter 10 due to random shit blowing up and the ridiculous end section. I never actually died in c13. Biggest problem? LMS when either I or the enemy was in cover, accounted for at least 88% of the deaths. Glad this BS is over, I don't think anyone else will have this many failures

At least you have the trophy.. I'm also at 51+ tries and I still don't have it.

Don't have that many LMS deaths but it's more like other bullshit like the kid in the office getting a grenade in his face,  shooting that ♥ on the boat or 25 freezes and glitches or even die in the train because i was too slow and the train crashed before i could get off.

What else? Oh yeah: the sniper at the cemetery (4 times), the level it's drive or shoot sister (3 times). The offices of mister Bronco falling on my head (and those fuckers who kill you with 2 shots, and of course... This trophy will test your sanity and your patience...and I will go in a corner and cry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it was actually in an euphoria that I've posted that last post. But now that it has sunk in I can tell u my NYMH failures. At least the ones I remember because I had been trying for almost 3 years.

Chapter 1: Cars blowing up in my face. Twice... That's because I wanted to make some nice time and didn't leave distance between me and the cars.

Chapter 2: Missed the rocket when I was hanging out the helicopter. Twice (again).

Chapter 3: I was aiming at the guy in the chair but shot passos instead with a shotgun.

Chapter 4 part 1: No probs here if i recall it well.

Chapter 4 part 2: Missed a guy falling down the watertower. Headshot -> game over.

Chapter 5 part 1: Got a grenade in my face (x3 times).

Chapter 5 part 2: Shot Fabianna at the end (twice) and then I once missed a guy. As we know this game doesn't forgive and I had to restart again.

Chapter 6 part 1: f*ck me. What was Rockstar thinking with that level? I can honestly say that is one of the hardest levels I have ever encountered in a game. It's actually a first class killpoint. Tried this one at least 10 times. And if that was not enough: even the IT guy died at one point because he recieved a grenade at his feet. I think i had multiple heart attacks on that level.

Chapter 6 part 2: Building collapsing on my head on the stairs because I wasn't moving fast enough. And missed the 3 shooter at the end.

Chapter 7: Glitch, glitch, glitch, glitch, glitch and game over.... 1.5 hours of work for nothing. It's a long level and got shot a couple of times too.

Chapter 8: The cemetery. Another fan favorite and hard as hell. Got killed by the sniper 4-5 times. and last man standing at a corner and I couldn't shoot the guy.

Chapter 9: nothing too hard here except that it glitched on me once.

chapter 10: the beginning is hard as hell and I died a couple of times. Also at  the end where our alcohilc friend is cornered in the bus... well let's say that wasn't a walk in the park for me.

Chapter 11: Going up on the top level of the boat. Got shot 3 times if I recall it well.

Chapter 12: Building collapsing on my head because I was too slow (again). I got realy nervous and I couldn't hit anything so I took cover whenever I could and it was followed by the screen  'You are dead'....

Chapter 13. Last man standing with the Grenade launcher and one glitch (at the big guy with the machine gun).

Chapter 14: Train crashing (too slow). Once again I got real nervous and I took forever to shoot the guys on the other train. I dropped my controller and I knew I would never make it.  AND THEN...
On a glorious tuesday at 1.30 AM I finally got it. I took a picture cause I couldn't believe it. 3 years of frustration and I finally made it... I had to admit I didn't think i could do it because on that run, there a few times I had no painkillers and I knew there was a lot of fight coming my way then. But f*ck me I've made it.  I won't do it again because I think my heart would stop at one point.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

so I actually just got this trophy... its honestly easy as long as game wont freeze or glitch on you.

1st attempt: I got to ch13 killed last enemy after getting out of elevator and BAM! freeze lol its really frustrating having wasted 3h to get there -_-

2nd attempt: reached ch3 and after Passos interrogate one guy I accidentally killed Passos lol as enemy was running behind him

3rd attempt: same thing as 1st... froze

4th attempt: I played offline, turned off GG, waited 15 mins where it supposed freeze and luckily guy with LMG emerged! and I did it on 4th attempt YAY! ;D

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

If you let Passos run up ahead -for a second- in Chapter IV : Part II, after he asks "How's this look?" and cranks open the gate, he automatically gets killed by the De Marcos. Which is weird considering all the De Marcos just run out of cover, for a split second, at once, because I just had to take a sip of my tea and witness such tragic events.

• Like 1

Alright, time to list the fails I remember the most.

1. Chapter 8, My PS3 was struggling to load the game since Chapter 7. The game failed to load the part where the van tries to run you over. I paused the game, then after the cutscene happens where the van successfuly runs you over and I fail.

2. Chapter 4, I couldn't find the last guy after clearing the upper part of the building where Passos says "They're always one step ahead!" I abandon the building and try to go to the next segment, but the guy shoots Passos and I fail.

3.Chapter 9, I failed the stupid QTE twice.

4. Chapter 13, I had zero painkillers at a moment where I needed them most. I also died from that armored truck.

But after a lot of patience and luck, I did it...

Now for some tips,

-PLAY OFFLINE! This helped me a lot and erased most of the glitches that happened during my previous runs

-You can switch shoulders during LMS. This may be helpful in some situations.

-To avoid the Chapter 7 glitch, make sure that after you drop down the ledge, there's an auto-save. If not, wait until the auto-save appears. Do not proceed until the auto-save symbol appears.

-As always, try to avoid LMS as much as possible.

-Knowing where all the painkillers are helps a lot. And I mean A LOT. Especially in the later chapters.

-The hardest chapter in the game IMO is Chapter 13. Chapter 14 was much easier knowing where all the painkillers are and when Becker shoots his grenades.

It's very possible, It just requires a lot of patience and your knowledge of the levels you got from the previous 4 playthroughs (5 if you did the challenge mode)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*Edit

Seventh attempt:

20aa1xf.jpg

First attempt: Game froze at Ch.13

23ws60j.jpg

Second attempt: Game froze at the exact same spot in Ch.13 (playing offline with golden guns disabled).

Third attempt: Accidently shot Fabiana on the boat in Ch.5

Fourth attempt: Once again made it to Ch.13, this time as I went to pick up the RPG at the tank section Max fell through the floor, instant death.

Fifth attempt: Ch.8 Passos wouldn't cover me from the sniper, managed to dodge roll to the end but no enemies spawned and he wouldn't move.

efncpv.jpg

Sixth attempt: Enemies wouldn't appear and got locked behing this door in Ch.7

348145g.jpg

I'm on my seventh attempt now and despite having zero confidence that the game won't break at any given moment, I'm still sort of enjoying each run through. xD

Edited by Toxi
  • Like 2

Well, now I get to join in on this, wonderful

Attempt #1: [Chapter IV pt.2] Got reckless at the wreck (ha, ha, ha)

Attempt #2: [Chapter 8] Accidentally got Passos killed in the church

Attempt #3: [Chapter 5] Got up to open area w/ lots of propane tanks, guy threw grenade at my cover (the shipping containers). It managed to blow up the propane tank which managed to blow up me.

(I posted attempt #4 earlier but It didnt save and I cant remember it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Attempt #5: [Chapter 6 pt.2] 2 guys at beginning wouldnt pop out and I got supermurdered instantly

Will put more attempts as they come.

Edited by TehUberCheezCatz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't remember all failures, there was too many of them. But I can at least say about some of them.

Killed by sniper on cementary, insta killed on ship with 3 painkillers, failed favela QTE, police station freeze 3x, favela script failed 2x, fell out of map on hotel/construction site, while shooting to enemies on the beggining of cementary chapter I killed passos with some bullet, on cementary they killed passos while he was runing away from enemies, i shoot dodge too slow, no ammo while last man standing after getting out of daphne ship, died on ship without any reason.