Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

5 hours ago, GeneSaw said:

Succeeded om my eighth attempt. Every single one of my deaths were really stupid...

1. Chapter 13 - The last guy who comes      after the armored car managed to put      me into the last stand and I only had        one bullet left and I managed to miss      the headshot...

2. Chapter 6 - The room with all the

cubicals, one sudden grenade killed

me.

3. Chapter 4 - I somehow managed to

shootdodge myself off the rooftop...

not my finest moment...

4. Chapter 3 - This is where I hit my

lowpoint... I accidentally shot Passos

through the back of his head during

the brief gunfight after he finds the

wounded guy on the chair...

5. Chapter 13 - this time I didn't even

manage to destroy the armored car

since it somehow managed to kill me

because my LAW didn't fire...

6. Chapter 8 - I somehow missed (a

couple of times...) shooting the guy

who points his gun to Passos

resulting in him killing Passos...

7. Chapter 13 - This one probably irritated me the most... this time I destroyed the armored car with ease but after that I somehow blew myself up with the LAW while trying to shoot the guys after the armored car...

After all these I finally succeeded! Had a few bumps in the road but all in all the last attempt went quite smoothly. My final time was something just below 20 minutes.

Congrats.  I have only chapter 14 to go in New York minute then its hardcore for me.  I picking a lot of failed attempts

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd update my progress, I've only tried 4 times but haven't tried in over a week.  

Attempt 1: Ended at chapter 6 in the cubicles . Went into last man which I passed but where I dove was a nice grenade ready to explode.  Instakill. 

Attempt 2: Chapter 2. Was fluffing around too much in the helicopter trying to protect fabiana. She got a round pumped inside her. 

Chapter 3: For some reason I was having a nightmare of a run.  Not much time or ammo.  Got sent into last man standing which I failed due to no ammo.  Bit of a relief failing.  

Got to chapter 8 (which is probably my hated chapter difficulty wise) and got murdered after saving passos. 

I will get this trophy one day.  Even if it kills me but I'm more focusing my time on the mp grind for now and other games.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Attempt 5: never shot the rocket in time resulting in the heli blowing up.  Whatever.....

Attempt 6: shot fabiana at the end of chapter 5 part 2. Pretty sure I shot the thug right next to her but once again whatever.....

Attempt 7: ran out of ammo in the bleachers on chapter 3. Didn't even go to last man standing, I guess cos I had no ammo

Attempt 8: right at the end of the cemetery level in the church passos got shot and died.  Don't really know how this happened.  I was starting to believe I could do it this run too. 

Attempt 9 . Died at the end of chapter 5 part 1. Put into last man and had no ammo loaded.  

Attempt 10. Right at the end of chapter 7. Once again put into last man standing and had no ammo loaded up.  God damn.......

Attempt 11. The sniper bit at the church where passos gives cover.  I flanked the sniper but missed the shot and straight away he murdered me.  Fucks sake.....

Attempt 12. Just before the boss fight in chapter 13 in the the office. Was kinda struggling with pain killers so decided not to use any and wait for a last man standing but got shot and couldn't see the thug.  Very unwise.  

Was stoked that I made it that far considering how rubbish I have been doing but also would've been nice going all the way.  Should be just a matter of time now........

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, closertim said:

Seems attempt 18 was hugely successful.  Finally done it.  No real issues really apart from the time.  Heading into the Becker showdown I had around 45 seconds. I never panicked though and got it done.  

total time 115:37.52

Good job bro I enjoyed seeing your progress some of it was funny af, you finally joined the 100% club ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Inspired by @B1rvine words and advices, I read this entire thread to get as much knowledge before trying NYMHC. Yesterday, I finished NYM and I struggled mostly on chapters 11, 13 and 14, mainly due to low time you start with, you need to rush things to get a good timer or else you'll be constantly running down to kill guys that makes you careless, i.e needing more ammo and painkillers than normal. That said, I only died once in each of those chapters, so I guess that' pretty okay, considering they're late in the run I can take my time and do things slowly because of the time I've built in previous chapters.

I'll either update this post or make a new one for each attempt at NYMHC I make. Here is hoping I can make in one attempt ?

- 1st attempt (Chapter 2): Not surprisingly, I missed some shots in Fabiana catwalk section in chapter 2, she died. I hate laser weapons in this game =/.

- 2nd attempt (Chapter 6, part 2): Died to the 3 guys at the end as other people here experienced the same death. Basically, the first two guys after you get the gun wouldn't come out of cover and I had to press on and kill them, one of them put just put me one inch of dying. The next 3 guys was going to be a pain in the ass...and they were. First two died easily, the third refused to come out of cover, so if I stayed too long I would die from smoke, if I went ahead I would risk dying to 3rd guy, so I gambled: I don't know if it was a glitch or just him hiding in a corner of the burnt office, he shot me and that was the end of the run.

So far, it's fun. Nerve-wracking? Sure, but also fun. Might be one of my greatest gaming accomplishments on ps3. Looking forward try some more the coming days.

EDIT: Two more tries.

-3rd attempt  (Chapter 2): Can't believe I couldn't shoot the first rocket after Fabiana catwalk section, pretty stupid stuff.

-4th attempt (Chapter 4 - part 1): Died in one the worst possible ways in the alley after exiting the bar. I was shooting the cars to explode them, one of thugs just managed to score bunch of shots in me while I was using cover and of course Max fell shooting the brickwall. I had my health full prior to starting the shootout too.

Those two runs were simply stupid and on both I was doing alright on painkillers, ammo and time, had almost 7 minutes when starting chapter 4. These stupid deaths never happened when I was playing on hard/old school/hardcore, go figure.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
Proper formatting
  • Like 2

New post, I'll keep this one updated as maximum as possible with latest attempts so I don't spam/triple post in this thread.

- 5th attempt (Chapter 8): This one I hadn't much confidence I would be able to do it, but I actually did pretty good on this one, got up to chapter 8 with more than 15 minutes on the clock. After fighting the initial wave of guys that includes the grenade launcher up to, I went upstairs to fight the second group that guards the gate to the next area. One of them managed to get me down in just two shots (Nearly full on health) and them went to cover behind a tombstone, I shot the tombstone with big hopes of killing him somehow but didn't make it. I guess I got unlucky on this one.

I liked my 5th run so far, even if I failed just in mid-game, because I managed to get past chapter 6, part 2 easily where I couldn't before, so it's an improvement. Hoping I can get this done this week!

- 6th attempt (Chapter 10): I'm disheartened, this attempt was going so good, had plenty of time in my clock, didn't make any big mistakes and I was in chapter 10, in the offices right before drive-by section in the bus, the only guy left near the buttom to procceed managed to one shot me while I was in a corner, no chance of hitting him in LSM, feeling real down because of this one =/.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
Proper formatting

• 2 weeks later...

I should have updated this sooner, but this last week I either have been outta time or simply not motivated enough to do many NYMHC runs.

Anyway, here is my "recent" runs:

- 7th attempt  (Chapter 3): This was a funny one, in chapter 3, right after you kill the first set of snipers, Max jumps out the window to fight soldier in the bleachers, the first set of them being killed by Passos from long-range. The second set which appear after you cross a small-gate, isn't usually that problematic...until they decide to throw grenades at you. One was thrown right at my feet and I was like "Oh no no no", so I desperation I activated shootdodge to escape the grenade and it went quite well, apart from the fact the grenade was still in range to kill me XD.

- 8th attempt (Chapter 8): This one I raged. Unsurprisingly on chapter 8, Passos died at the intersection right after the second session in the graveyard, in the scene where he kill one guy and draw the attention of other dozen and you need to draw their attention back to Max in like 2 seconds and Passos is dead. I switched my weapon, entered bullet-time, Passos is dead. I was like "WTF" game, you didn't even gave me time to kill some of them and grab their attention. And this wasn't the first time this happened, got plenty of this in the campaign mode. Was doing an otherwise great run in chapter 8...but oh well, another failure.

In the meantime, I just finished hardcore difficulty+challenge mode and also SP grinds. Probably will take a week or more before I try NYMHC, heavily occupied with tests and job applications.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
Proper formatting
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I cant remember my fails because I completed this epic game around 2013-14. But I am sure that I tried it at least 10 times or more, and died halfway many times. It feels so good when you pass a challenge like that. Max payne 3 and Wolfenstein 2 platinums are probably my proudest trophies ever (And Far Cry 2... Loved that game but the multiplayer boosting was the worst experience ever. And in that case it isn't about skill, it is just about patience and having a lot of free time lol)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This challenge is one of the best there is.

2019, first time playing on a PS3 and now I have to tackle adjusting to the massive deadzones of the Dualshock 3. (had this 100% on Xbox)
I'll report back later with how this went. From memory I think it was 2 or 3 attempts for me to get it on Xbox. 
I only wish Social Club was cross-platform, so that I'd at least have all my multiplayer trophies covered right away, but I understand why it doesn't operate like that. Gang Wars related stuff may prove tricky, needing 4 players to initiate.

Looking forward to playing Max Payne 3 again!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lots of stuff happened. At least the game froze 3 times in chapter 13 before LMG guy. 2 times in chapter 9 my bullet glitched through rocket from heli - bam! dead. Couple occasional failures with grenade launcher in ch.8 and 13 =) But  considering my dedication, it worked out evetually in a pretty smooth run. Would do it again, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm back trying to get NYMHC completed, got 2 more tries in:

-9th Attempt (Chapter 2): I was away from the game from a long time and my skills got rusty, on 2nd chapter I died at the rocket launcher sequence you need to shoot twice. Could've been a good warm-up but ended prematurely.

- 10th attempt (Chapter 14): I almost had it in my hands, like it I was minutes away from completing chapter 14. Started this attempt with no pretentions of completing it, just for practicing more and I somehow got up to chapter 14 (With not much time on clock tbh, less than 3 minutes) and was doing well, with a good number of painkillers, got up to the last fight in the hangar, needed to kill 3 or 4 soldiers and BAM a grenade hit me outta nowhere, despite me being very quick to destroy them when they were launched. The feeling is quite sad, but at the same time it proves I can do it, I just wish I didn't have to invest so much time again =/.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
Proper formatting
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...