Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

48 minutes ago, cometowner said:

My best try when i left the game around 6 years back is at police station parking area. I accidentally killed myself with RPG instead of killing polices coming after the door is open

can one tell which chapter its ?

That's chapter 13, really close to the end of the game !

Just a status update: 

Edit: Tenporarily giving up after 53 tries. My controller broke and with only fakes online and no way to find a genuine reliable controller I’ve decided to pack the console away and make space for PS5.

I have ordered a controller from Solaris Japan, and I am waiting for it to arrive. They are trusted with controllers from what I have read. Until then I have to end my hunt for The Shadows Rushed Me trophy: 

After 100+ hours, 53 tries, it’s been a crazy, challenging and frustrating ride. 

Thanks to everyone who supported me on the way, I won’t forget your nice words.  

Edited by MiloFPS

7 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

Just a status update: 

Permanently giving up after 53 tries. My controller broke and with only fakes online and no way to find a genuine reliable controller I’ve decided to pack the console away and make space for PS5.

Unless you know a place (UK preferably) that stocks genuine factory ones I have to end my hunt for The Shadows Rushed Me trophy: 

After 100+ hours, 53 tries, it’s been a crazy, challenging and frustrating ride. 

Nooooooo! 

Saddest news of 2020. 

I hope one day, an opportunity to do this again comes around for you! 

I will be patiently waiting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

Just a status update: 

Permanently giving up after 53 tries. My controller broke and with only fakes online and no way to find a genuine reliable controller I’ve decided to pack the console away and make space for PS5.

Unless you know a place (UK preferably) that stocks genuine factory ones I have to end my hunt for The Shadows Rushed Me trophy: 

eBay?

what about turbo controller? (not a fan but could be a useful solution)

Or trying to use a Ps4 controller (if fully compatible. I didn't try). 

However I agree with my bro @ViperLance34. I never had so many freezes as I've read here. 

Btw I had a couple of glitches:

• in one case I spawned on my back after a cutscene (the one in the stadium) and I had a wall in front of me instead of those 5-6 guys = dead
  • And the second glitch/bug happened in Favelas chapter, near the end. A molotov bomb spawned and killed me in a place that was safe and where there weren't enemies (in theory) = dead

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Just a status update: 

Edit: Tenporarily giving up after 53 tries. My controller broke and with only fakes online and no way to find a genuine reliable controller I’ve decided to pack the console away and make space for PS5.

I have ordered a controller from Solaris Japan, and I am waiting for it to arrive. They are trusted with controllers from what I have read. Until then I have to end my hunt for The Shadows Rushed Me trophy: 

Aw man, this is unfortunate to hear. Like many others here, I was still lurking in this thread to see you beat this.  @Reinachii- is right, and I hope you come back to this mode soon. You have spent so much time on this and I believe you will beat this one day. You definitely have the ability to do this. You just need a little luck from the game. 

I'll keep an eye on this thread every now and then to see if you return. 

Cheers and best of luck! 

15 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Just a status update: 

Don't give up man! Look, this is the controler that got me NTMHC:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/PlayStation-Hori-pad-FPS-plus-for-PS4-Black-Japan/152296018694?hash=item23758cd306:g:S6QAAOSwo4pYEiGk

It's a turbo controller that works both on PS3 and PS4. The analog sticks are just perfect, I could pop a headshot anytime I wanted to!

• Like 1

Weekend attempt 2:

Attempt 3

Death by grenade in Chapter 5. Never died here before, that big group of guys you fight before the pier were spamming grenade like CoD4. Got “stuck on a wall”, dead.

Attempt 4

Death by grenade #2. This one hurt, it was the start of Chapter 10 outside the petrol station. I thought I was safe behind the concrete barrier but apparently not. Also had an unusual glitch in Chapter 8, got to the sniper part and Passos wouldn’t talk or give me cover fire. I had 4 painkillers and bullet time so I managed to tank a few sniper hits and make it to the next part where the game “corrected itself”. Too bad I couldn’t finish this run.

Attempt 5

Shot Passos in the back with a shotgun in Chapter 3 lol. Never picked up a shotgun again after this.

Attempt 6

Success! Tried to relax and just Rambo my way through the game like I normally would instead of playing it safe. Playing it too safe = death by grenades. Had a little glitch in the subway in Chapter 14 when you turn the power back on, my gun wouldn’t fire. Luckily it was just one guy left, switching weapons did the trick. I made sure to never take my eyes off Becker for more than two seconds unless I was in bullet time, no random grenade deaths!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Weekend attempt 2:

Attempt 3

Death by grenade in Chapter 5. Never died here before, that big group of guys you fight before the pier were spamming grenade like CoD4. Got “stuck on a wall”, dead.

Attempt 4

Death by grenade #2. This one hurt, it was the start of Chapter 10 outside the petrol station. I thought I was safe behind the concrete barrier but apparently not. Also had an unusual glitch in Chapter 8, got to the sniper part and Passos wouldn’t talk or give me cover fire. I had 4 painkillers and bullet time so I managed to tank a few sniper hits and make it to the next part where the game “corrected itself”. Too bad I couldn’t finish this run.

Attempt 5

Shot Passos in the back with a shotgun in Chapter 3 lol. Never picked up a shotgun again after this.

Attempt 6

Success! Tried to relax and just Rambo my way through the game like I normally would instead of playing it safe. Playing it too safe = death by grenades. Had a little glitch in the subway in Chapter 14 when you turn the power back on, my gun wouldn’t fire. Luckily it was just one guy left, switching weapons did the trick. I made sure to never take my eyes off Becker for more than two seconds unless I was in bullet time, no random grenade deaths!

Congrats man!! Well done.

I just did my first playthrough of the game yesterday. What an awesome ride! I hope to one day add this to my collection as well. ?

My new controller arrived, just like the one that came with my PS3. It felt perfect so I started up Max Payne again.

Fail #54. Chapter 6-1. In the office, they spammed grenades at me, I was a bit rusty, spraying too much ammo, I got caught in last stand behind the filing cabinet, with a few bullets left.

DEAD.

The suffering continues. I know the levels off by heart but still...

Anyway I have too much work to do now, I doubt I'll ever complete this thing. I just can't dedicate 24/7 to it like the supergamers can.

Edited by MiloFPS

2 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

My new controller arrived, just like the one that came with my PS3. It felt perfect so I started up Max Payne again.

Fail #54. Chapter 6-1. In the office, they spammed grenades at me, I was a bit rusty, spraying too much ammo, I got caught in last stand behind the filing cabinet, with a few bullets left.

DEAD.

Anyway I have too much work to do now, I doubt I'll ever complete this thing. I just can't dedicate 24/7 to it like the supergamers can.

Hey Milo,

feel free to contact me if you need any tips.

for the second part of the office when you put up in cover use the rifle because the bullets actually go through the glass & stuff and hit the targets on the way, other weapons just hit the glass and it's a waste of ammo.

Edited by mataningo

8 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

DEAD.

Don’t give up man! One of these days you’re going to whoop it’s ass. 

Fail #55: Chapter 13, office area. It froze again. 

I did everything they do in the guides and took everyone’s advice, golden guns off as well, it still froze. That is 5/7 tries so far, I don’t want to spend 3 and a half hours each time to do trial and error. 

Yes, I have passed this point twice before, but only 2 times out of 7 the game didn’t freeze. You don’t need to be a maths whizz to know those odds are bad. 

Edit/update: I have rebuilt the database and will go into last stand with pistols on the last guy in that room, hopefully that works. 

@Alien713 posted a while ago that he did that to get round this freezing. 

Edited by MiloFPS

17 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

I did everything they do in the guides and took everyone’s advice, golden guns off as well, it still froze. 
I’ve packed up my PS3 because this is unobtainable for me. 5/7 tries it froze, I don’t want to spend 3 and a half hours each time to do trial and error. 

That is finally it, I am giving up. The glitching is a game breaker for me. I will not be posting here again, I have decided I do not want to do this anymore, and I am serious. The trophy is not worth this hassle. 

Sorry to disappoint all of you but the signs were always there. It was not meant to be.

Yes, I have passed this point twice before, but only 2 times out of 7 the game didn’t freeze. You don’t need to be a maths whizz to know those odds are bad. 

Goodbye everybody, and best of luck to future NYMH players, I hope you are spared the hassle and nightmare I went through. 

Wow 5/7 times froze, that s a lot, i never experienced glitch there but learned from other people situations about that glitch so i was aware. Can you describe how exactly you approach that room in ch 13 where LMG guy spawns, and if you can get to chapter 13 seven times then you can do it. It is just matter of time.I know 55 times is way too much but only extreme will makes it. And when you put in the head that everything is beatable no matter how hard something is then it boosts your confidence. Someone may be better in shooters than others and earn platinum in much less time but if one doesnt have persistence he wont make it. Remember hard work beats talent when talent doesnt works hard.

18 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Uhgg... I can imagine how frustrating this would be to make it so far and succumb to a freeze.

I’m really concerned about this because so far in 2 regular playthroughs of the game, my game froze in the same room on Chapter 13 both times. It’s really discouraging to think that could happen multiple times during NYMHC. ?

Keep it up though Milo! I’m rooting for you! If you’re making it to Chapter 13 consistently then you are so damn close! 

• Like 1

Fail #56: Chapter 9. 
I rebuilt my database and decided to approach the chapter 13 office by entering last stand on purpose and use a pistol instead, but I didn’t get that far. I didn’t shoot the rocket on time (the one the man from the helicopter shoots) which confused me since I just did what I normally do, but the result was different. I think the recticule (the dot) was slightly too far to the right. First time failing in chapter 9. Wow. 

DEAD. 

There is always something. This game has payned me (pun intended) more that it should have. I’ve done hundreds of these slow motion scenes but still manage to fuck it up. 

Edited by MiloFPS

5 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #57: Chapter 7. Last stand, couldn’t see the guy for the life of me. Should have taken a pk but was too confident. 
wouldn’t you be confident and fed up after 57 tries? 

Always losing, always smiling. 

It’s too bad you can’t record on the ps3, I’m curious to know how you’re playing exactly. You shouldn’t be put into last stand at all when you know this game inside and out (except for hardcore mode), because you should be killing everyone almost as soon as they spawn or shooting from the safety of corners Uncharted style.

28 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

It’s too bad you can’t record on the ps3, I’m curious to know how you’re playing exactly. You shouldn’t be put into last stand at all when you know this game inside and out (except for hardcore mode), because you should be killing everyone almost as soon as they spawn or shooting from the safety of corners Uncharted style.

I know every spawn, but I thought there was only one guy left inside the hut so I didn’t take a pk. I couldn’t see anyone. Then I got into last stand one shot and still didn’t see anyone. 

Fail #58. Chapter 7. I KEPT RUNNING in bullet time as I was trying to hit the guy on the roof at the end but still got hit by a Molotov. 

DEAD. 

I can’t do this anymore and I mean it. I am FED UP. I and doing NOTHING WRONG and still dying. 

Edited by MiloFPS

Fail #59: Chapter 8. Guy was running towards Passos inside the church, I shot too many times and popped Passos head. 
FAILED. 

Picture this: you are on the church balcony, instantly 90% of your health gets taken, and a guy is running towards Passos. You keep shooting, you stop to take a pk, the guy runs, runs, runs. You get him, but he is too close to Passos and the bullet splits. My fault but still, I’ve never failed this way before. I have used the shotgun in the church every time. Now I’ll switch to uzis just in case one of them gets too close. 

Edited by MiloFPS

On 10/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, djb5f said:

Even if you keep playing and achieve it, you will probably get little sense of satisfaction and instead think of how many hours you wasted repeating the same thing over and over.

At the end of the day, trophies are nice, but they aren’t obligatory.  Stop when you stop enjoying!

If I adopted this line of thinking I never would of finished Super Meat Boy.

The moment something stops becoming fun for me I automatically stop playing and do other stuff. But I don't simply give up. I keep going, even if I end up spending over two years off and on, as Super Meat Boy did for me.

I would never say this to anyone wishing to finish Mein Leben in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Most of the hard stuff on my profile I basically did without making a post on any real progress, I basically ranted on occasion but mostly to blow off steam.

Trophies shouldn't be participation awards. What I highlighted bold in your post just isn't the right way to go about it. I shouldn't of attempted Challenge 6 in Vanquish, but I did it anyway and got a great deal of satisfaction.

If I got a little sense of satisfaction and thought about how many hours I wasted, then I might as well give up the entire hobby of trophy hunting and go back to Steam.

• Like 4