Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

Thanks for the tips :)

May I ask you where are those items at the ring sidequest ?

Are they mentioned in Tim's guide ?

Also I found this:

"Out of these 59 shops three of these aren't mentioned in [/size]Tim333's guide. You'll find the first shop in the Verahansha Library, after the events that take place speak to the attendant again for the shop. The second shop is the man's clothing vendor located in the women's clothing house. The third shop is accessed by speaking with the man in The Trench just north of the save point." [/size]

Are those three shops available since I first arrive in Verahansha ?

Edit: I just realized, reading through the usual guide how far is Verahansha :D (quite far)

I'm wondering what is the point of no return for the shops (until i get this meteomobile)? The "shop-a-holic"" guide says the shop in Meho Rocks...but reading tim's guide I haven't seen any shop in any of the designed areas.

Sure, the one ring to rule is quite simple, if you follow the path to it.

First when you arrive at the oasis, speak to a old man in the camp, he'll give the letter, then show the latter in veneransha at the big pub, there's the same place where you find those three drinks i mentioned for shopaholic. After acquiring the automobile, return to same spot at the camp, another npc will give you the ring, now go to the new area that also opens after you acquire the automobile. I'm avoiding saying much because of the spoilers, don't worry that its really close to the ending, so focus on the first step since it's missable

At Verahansha the point of no return is fixing the train, that's why you don't have to worry, you can grind in the basement, and just don't embark on the train, there's also a main quest for it, so you will know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

You do need to talk to the old man at the oasis before advancing the story. You'll be able to to return to Oasis but he won't be there later.

I'm wondering what is the point of no return for the shops (until i get this meteomobile)? The "shop-a-holic"" guide says the shop in Meho Rocks...but reading tim's guide I haven't seen any shop in any of the designed areas.

I made a checklist of which areas you can and can't return to, I think it's on page 2 in a spoiler tag.

The Meho rocks shop is in the very last section of the rocks, after Teusa. You go through Meho/Meho rocks like 4 different times, but you'll only get to the shop the last time.

So I finished both the missable non-story trophies I needed and saved it right before the final boss for the 10 plat day. I spent about 45 minutes on the Eternal Slip and was making it to about 1:15 in the videos. Didn't get to play last night due to other commitments. But I'll probably play it 1-2 hrs a night until I get it.

Edited by Hemiak

I just arrived in Teusa and I'm feeling confident now, I've bought everything everywhere, opened all the chests (there're some that I can't reach yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to later on) and done all the side quests so far. I also have plenty of money.

And the game itself is getting better and better....I'm very thankful to @damon8r351 (the creator of the event) for havin me discover such a hidden gem  :)

• Like 1

I made a checklist of which areas you can and can't return to, I think it's on page 2 in a spoiler tag.

It's also been linked directly in the first post of the thread.

Edited by damon8r351

Not really on topic, but for those of you interested in retro RPGs like this game, let me put in a good word for Dragon Fantasy Book I and Book II. I'm not saying to go out of your way, but if you see them on sale for a good price some day and you have some extra cash on hand, I don't think you'll be disappointed. What I'm saying is that I bought Pier Solar sight unseen when it came out, based solely on the presumption that it might be as good as both of the Dragon Fantasy games.

Also, I didn't get as far as I wanted to in my other games this weekend, but I swear I'm putting at least an hour into this game on the first no matter where I'm at in the other ones.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 4

Not really on topic, but for those of you interested in retro RPGs like this game, let me put in a good word for Dragon Fantasy Book I and Book II. I'm not saying to go out of your way, but if you see them on sale for a good price some day and you have some extra cash on hand, I don't think you'll be disappointed. What I'm saying is that I bought Pier Solar sight unseen when it came out, based solely on the presumption that it might be as good as both of the Dragon Fantasy games.

Also, I didn't get as far as I wanted to in my other games this weekend, but I swear I'm putting at least an hour into this game on the first no matter where I'm at in the other ones.

Book 1. Yes. Book 2? No. 

In my humble view, Pier Solar is better than DF Book 2 (by a country mile), but worse than Book 1.

Good luck to everyone here! I will be starting up Pier Solar for the PS4 when I get it (probably the holiday season). That game has grown on me since I played it.

Edited by starcrunch061

My computer shit the bed this morning, so I'll have pretty limited access to a computer the rest of this week until it gets fixed. Until then, I'm sharing my wife's laptop and you know how that is. I only throw this out if it seems I've gone radio silent on this event for the rest of the week. I guarantee I'll be putting some time into Pier Solar starting Wednesday. If you pay attention to my Twitch page (link in my signature), I'll be streaming my first few fumbling steps because it amuses me to show strangers how much I screw up a simple thing like playing a video game.

Good news is that my computer going belly up has enabled me to funnel all that spare energy I normally spend on the Internet into grinding through the last bit of Far Cry 4 today in one shot. I liberated the last 6 outposts and the last stronghold, did all the side missions for those places, and did the last story missions all in one day. I have a few loose ends to tie up on Tuesday, but I'll be leaving the two coop trophies and the Yeti DLC for a later date so I can concentrate on starting Pier Solar on time.

• Like 2

I put in little over an hour on this game today and it's pretty awesome. I managed to get to the entrance of that cave you're supposed to be looking for medicine for your father in before I decided to take a break. The rarity percentages are pretty ridiculous it seems, I got the easiest Rare-level trophy I've ever gotten just by chasing bunnies around a forest, so there's that.

Pretty sure I screwed something up already with that side quest to return the treasure to the bounty hunter at the Headquarters.

I tried to return it to him just before I crossed the bridge to Oasis to chase down Alina, but he wasn't there. So I'm positive I should've returned to him before I fought the boss in Reja Cave.

So I'll probably restart tomorrow. I was only an hour and a half into the game anyway.

Edited by damon8r351

So i played for like 3 houses, didn't enter the cave yet. I did allready some quests for trophies, leveling and chest and cartridge hunting.

I'm taking it slow but then I now for sure I don't forget anything

Yeah, that's the spirit. You should pick up the pace a little bit though or you won't finish in a month. I finished it in 3 weeks but on one of those I played like 5 hours a day. The rest I did 3 hours or 2. Also follow the guide to the letter and you will always be on the best path to progress so you can feel more confident.

Edited by NICK16_06

I didn't get very far initially and I was waiting for the start of the event to continue playing, but I loaded the game up today to find that my save files are missing. Hoping it's just some strange glitch. The PS+ save uploads apparently got overwritten this morning as well, so I have to start over.

Just throwing it out there because I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else. I may turn off the auto upload feature and back up manually.

Yeah, that's the spirit. You should pick up the pace a little bit though or you won't finish in a month. I finished it in 3 weeks but on one of those I played like 5 hours a day. The rest I did 3 hours or 2. Also follow the guide to the letter and you will always be on the best path to progress so you can feel more confident.

Ok i will play a little bit faster lol, I try to play everyday like 2h

The 31st was just an arbitrary date I picked as a goal to reach, to give people the motivation to play the game and get the plat sooner rather than later. I picked it because it usually takes me at most a month to plat a game. It's not a hard deadline, so if you can't make it on the 31st but have been making a legitimate effort, nobody's going to say "Haha you lose, sucka!" The goal is more "Get the plat for Pier Solar" rather than "Get the plat for Pier Solar not later than the 31st".

• Like 2

The 31st was just an arbitrary date I picked as a goal to reach, to give people the motivation to play the game and get the plat sooner rather than later. I picked it because it usually takes me at most a month to plat a game. It's not a hard deadline, so if you can't make it on the 31st but have been making a legitimate effort, nobody's going to say "Haha you lose, sucka!" The goal is more "Get the plat for Pier Solar" rather than "Get the plat for Pier Solar not later than the 31st".

I will make an effort to say "Haha you lose, sucka!" to every person on this event who doesn't plat it by the 31st...  :devil:

• Like 1

Progress update now that the event is officially underway:

I'm a pretty good ways into my first playthrough, now at the point where I can backtrack to some of the earlier areas.  I haven't been following a step-by-step guide, but I have been keeping tabs on the trophy guide for missables.  But despite that I still managed to miss one of the spellbooks (protip: they're not all in chests or shops) so I'll just chalk that up to "whoops".  I also know for a fact I missed at least one chest in Verahansha but I've read in a couple different places you don't actually need every single chest for Indiana Hoston so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

I started early because I was worried about how long Eternal Slip was going to take, so after unlocking it I fired it up with the intent to "practice it a bit"... and ended up clearing it after only a few failures.  So I guess I was worried over nothing.  It's not nearly as difficult as it looks.

Going to try and finish off my first play this weekend, if I can.  Assuming I get Shopaholic and Indiana Hoston, and don't screw anything else up, I should just have a quick second run for Tim's Way, the other ending, and that one book I missed.