Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

I never used tim's guide for the chest only for the walkthrough, with the radar on and the beep sound it's was easy to get them all

get enough of them*

You said you fucked up and thought you missed the trophy when you didn't. I also purely used radar and bleep and had enough before facing the last boss.

Damon, I'm curious about something. I initially said I was going to save one trophy for jan 1st, then I played enough and found out I can rig 4 of them instead (all skills + all cartridges + shopaholic + best equipments). I suppose nothing change and I'll still be a successful participant if I have the slippery minigame complete + all those trophies rigged, right?

Just an update, I am still here. Not looking forward to the slippery game, since I am still stuck on the "easy" slippery game part in the magic school.

I fully intend to finish this game! I am just also realistic - I will not manage this before the November 15th "deadline". (I am okay with this.)

Many many thanks for the guide! My only complaint is that it is against the PS4 version, so it doesn't highlight the trophies I have already.

I just finished my first playthrough and I've seen people love this game and I'm hesitant to say it, but I don't think the game is good. My main problems are with the art direction as things could easily be covered by the foreground, pacing that made the beginning too slow and boring with an ending that brought up details that weren't well foreshadowed, and a combat system that is slow and doesn't have enough depth with enemy variety or character skills to make it interesting. This game thrives on nostalgia but it doesn't even hold a candle to the likes of Final Fantasy 4 or Phantasy Star, which this game references to. Quite a shame for this game as it had NPCs that were more interesting that the old fare, albeit the NPCs for Pier Solar sounded too modern for a medeival fantasy setting. At least I'm almost done with platting the game and maybe the good ending will be more decent. Regarding the credits, Pier Solar spent about ten minutes thanking the Kickstarter backers while Shovel Knight and Rogue Legacy took about a minute each to do so in their respective credits.

Finally, finally, finally got through the Magic School and am on my way to The Trench...almost end-game time. Not sure if the 11/15 deadline is realistic anymore. I know I was looking to hit my second playthrough two days ago but life got in the way. Still going to get the plat for this, but after the Magic School, I am NOT looking forward to the slippery trophies.

Damn slippery section had me cussing...and it is only the 'easy' one lol

• Like 1

Finally, finally, finally got through the Magic School and am on my way to The Trench...almost end-game time. Not sure if the 11/15 deadline is realistic anymore. I know I was looking to hit my second playthrough two days ago but life got in the way. Still going to get the plat for this, but after the Magic School, I am NOT looking forward to the slippery trophies.

Damn slippery section had me cussing...and it is only the 'easy' one lol

I'm currently on my second playthrough and it's not worth your thoughs, I mean if you've done everything correctly you should have the best equipment, good levels (45-50) and an inventory full of goods. You'll be fine  :D

On the other hand the Eternal Slip is really annoying...it's not hard after a while, even the stairs will be easy to do, but you'll get nervous nearby the end (at least that's what happened to me every time) and It's easy to fall. I've spent 4 days of endless hours to get it done. btw the going back is indeed easier

One question about the slippery game at the second part when you need to go back, does it saves, or do you need to do part 1 again when you shut down your ps4?

You do have a checkpoint when you reach the end of the "first" part, but because it's a mini-game it doesn't allow you to turn of the game and try it later, you have to do it  in one go.

Therefore no, it doesn't save if you shut down the console.

Lol so my ps4 will be on for days, when I reach that checkpoint

If you have Suspend/Resume feature on you should be able to put the PS4 in rest mode.

On topic, I only need the Slipply trophies but am having some difficulties. Have been taking a couple day break and hope to get back on it soon. Have been working on the Motorstorm Apocalypse plat in the mean time. Trying to go through my backlog and make sure I get all the Multiplayer trophies before any of the servers go down.

Just an update, I am still here. Not looking forward to the slippery game, since I am still stuck on the "easy" slippery game part in the magic school.

I had a ton of trouble with the first instance of slippery myself. Thankfully, once you get the hang of it, it's get better (although you'll still fail a lot).

• Like 1

Finally beat the Eternal Slip minigame after eight frustating hours. I'll save "Super Saiyan" and the platinum for the Platinum Rain Day event. Thanks damon for the guide and setting up this event as I would have left this game in my backlog, even though I didn't love this game.

Spent my first 4 continuous hours of the eternal slip...my feelings toward it are conflicted. I believe I have the timing down as I don't fall until I hit the stairs and can get to the first 'stair' section relatively easily. But I can't seem to get through the first set of stairs, fall off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I'll sleep on it, and try again >.>

Edit:

Managed to get Indiana Hoston but messed up something for Shop-o-holic. So that means another playthrough ^_^

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 1

Spent my first 4 continuous hours of the eternal slip...my feelings toward it are conflicted. I believe I have the timing down as I don't fall until I hit the stairs and can get to the first 'stair' section relatively easily. But I can't seem to get through the first set of stairs, fall off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I'll sleep on it, and try again >.>

Edit:

Managed to get Indiana Hoston but messed up something for Shop-o-holic. So that means another playthrough ^_^

You need to keep trying, It's not that hard in the end. (btw how is it with a ps3 controller ? if you have tryied the ps4 one as well...)

I'm sure you can complete it.  ;)

Only have the PS3 version right now. It honestly feels like the game isn't reading my inputs which leads to stupid mistakes.

Started my second playthrough of 'no encounters' and trying to get all items from shops. About to go through Meho again. If I am forced to grind for money, I'll just make a copy of my current save where I haven't fought any battles and continue as normal. Then use my other save, the one where I have to battle for money as my shop-o-holic run. It's annoying to have to do another run, but I really like this game.

Although it lost points for me at the end...I hate when a game literally makes you go WTF during the entire ending chapter/sequence. Not putting spoilers, just the last three dungeons threw a lot of stuff around that could have been fleshed out more >.>

And I agree with you Re, the mini-game is probably not that difficult and will just take a bit longer to master. Right now, it DOES feel almost impossible though. Kinda like when I look at the 'complete the entire sphere grid' trophy in final fantasy 10. There's a reason why that game is still in my backlog

I'll admit that I have lost my interest in this game. I still intend to finish it, but I am not enjoying it as much as I did in the beginning.

That generally means to me that it's time to step back and do something else for a while, so that's what I have been doing. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game! It's just not fun right now. I will be back when I'm back in the mood for this style of RPG again.