Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

Almost done with my 'blind' (eh) playthrough and HOLY SHIT I missed a lot of stuff (but got almost all keys by myself). Luckly I was able to backtrack a lot for the cartridges, so there is that. I have a question about the guide though, on tim's trophy you say that you lose books on NG+, but also say to keep books instead of selling them so you can learn the abilities right off the bat. Am I misunderstanding something?

I'll save the trophies for all spells + all cartridges + bunny rabbit quest +  full best equipment all to pop at the same time on Jan 1st.

Edited by TheYuriG

Almost done with my 'blind' (eh) playthrough and HOLY SHIT I missed a lot of stuff (but got almost all keys by myself). Luckly I was able to backtrack a lot for the cartridges, so there is that. I have a question about the guide though, on tim's trophy you say that you lose books on NG+, but also say to keep books instead of selling them so you can learn the abilities right off the bat. Am I misunderstanding something?

I'll save the trophies for all spells + all cartridges + bunny rabbit quest +  full best equipment all to pop at the same time on Jan 1st.

No, you lose the spells you learn from the books, but not the books themselves. So if you kept them in your inventory instead of selling them off, the books will still be there at the beginning of NG+ and you can relearn the spells right away instead of finding the books again.

I've had so much to do during October that I forgot about Pier Solar, I've tried to follow your guide damon but I prefer the written one, it's more accurate as you have missed some chests. Anyway great work, really ;)

I'm currently grinding the 600 battles trophy....then by the end of the game I should achieve pretty much everything,and then there is of course the infamous slippery mini-game and the tim's way trophy.

Alright, work forced me to take an unwanted break from messing around with the game. But today is my last day for the week and am hoping that I can at least get close to completing the first playthrough tonight and tomorrow. Might be a tall order but I love the nostalgic feel of this game. On topic though, just got the story point item from the canyons and heading towards what the guide calls 'the inn-less stretch from hell' should be fun as it reminds me of that long stretch of land in Final Fantasy 1 right before you get to the first multi-level dungeon and that thin strip of world map in Final Fantasy 2 where you are trying to board the Dreadnaught. Lot of strong enemies (for that part of the game) and nowhere to rest. :D

That's what I thought from Hemiak earlier posts, so am I misunderstanding this somehow?

Fixed.

I've had so much to do during October that I forgot about Pier Solar, I've tried to follow your guide damon but I prefer the written one, it's more accurate as you have missed some chests.

That's real interesting (maybe), considering that the written Sega guide is what I was following when the videos were made. The only ones I didn't bother with was the ones in the underground area of Bethina's Castle, which are irrelevant at that point because if you follow exactly what I did (which is exactly how the Sega guide was doing), you'll have gotten the trophy for the chests sometime during Urg.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

That's real interesting (maybe), considering that the written Sega guide is what I was following when the videos were made. The only ones I didn't bother with was the ones in the underground area of Bethina's Castle, which are irrelevant at that point because if you follow exactly what I did (which is exactly how the Sega guide was doing), you'll have gotten the trophy for the chests sometime during Urg.

The only one I remember you have missed for sure is in the first area of Meho, it's hidden in the dark on the right side of the entrance and it's reachable only with Alina's spell opening. (I don't remember if it's mentioned in the written guide though) I didn't mean to be disrespectful, you've done a gorgoeus work, really. =)

Edited by Re-LoreLink

Is there any way I can make the AI more efficient? I've removed all options on the fight menu but 'attack', still Allina and SonOfHitler insists in using magic. Edessot already spent all the items he had avaiable because he is dumb as fuck. Since Allina and Krueger don't have any more mana left, they whiff every round instead of attacking. I'm often in 7x3 battles because of this, they are worthless. I'm praying to the gods that I missed something obvious because this is annoying the shit out of me.

On a side note, got Indiana Hoston in the very few last chests of the last castle, one less trophy to go for next playthrough.

EDIT: Additional question, is there any accessory that gives me mana regen over time? I'm using the cupid's bow on Allina and I think Hoston's armor gives him mana regen, but my concern is Krueger. I'm afraid I might snap and throw my controller against the TV if he countinues doing whiffing all the time.

EDIT2: Krueger is how the magician is called in the Moon Language and that's how I'll be calling him, don't you fucking dare to correct me.

EDIT3: I think I fucked up. I'm right before the last boss grinding the battles and I can't return to the city anymore to buy equipment, neither there is any vendor next to me at the moment. If I can't find anywhere to shop shit for my next playthrough, it would mean that I wouldn't be able to turn my cash into items before NG+, therefore I wouldn't have items to sell and get cash back from. This looks like all fun and games, but would mean no shopaholic in the next playthrough, therefore I would need a third one. It's fine, I can rush the game on the second and focus on shopaholic and cartridges on the third instead.

Edited by TheYuriG

Is there any way I can make the AI more efficient? I've removed all options on the fight menu but 'attack', still Allina and SonOfHitler insists in using magic. Edessot already spent all the items he had avaiable because he is dumb as fuck. Since Allina and Krueger don't have any more mana left, they whiff every round instead of attacking. I'm often in 7x3 battles because of this, they are worthless. I'm praying to the gods that I missed something obvious because this is annoying the shit out of me.

On a side note, got Indiana Hoston in the very few last chests of the last castle, one less trophy to go for next playthrough.

EDIT: Additional question, is there any accessory that gives me mana regen over time? I'm using the cupid's bow on Allina and I think Hoston's armor gives him mana regen, but my concern is Krueger. I'm afraid I might snap and throw my controller against the TV if he countinues doing whiffing all the time.

EDIT2: Krueger is how the magician is called in the Moon Language and that's how I'll be calling him, don't you fucking dare to correct me.

EDIT3: I think I fucked up. I'm right before the last boss grinding the battles and I can't return to the city anymore to buy equipment, neither there is any vendor next to me at the moment. If I can't find anywhere to shop shit for my next playthrough, it would mean that I wouldn't be able to turn my cash into items before NG+, therefore I wouldn't have items to sell and get cash back from. This looks like all fun and games, but would mean no shopaholic in the next playthrough, therefore I would need a third one. It's fine, I can rush the game on the second and focus on shopaholic and cartridges on the third instead.

Of course there's a way to make AI Battle more efficient: don't use it, because it sucks.

Also, there's no MP regen for him, but Kruller has an accessory you can get in The Ice Cave called the Feathered Hat that cuts MP costs by 50%.

Does anyone have any kind of tips for the DOWN-LEFT Stairs in the Eternal Slip mini-game ? Seriously what am I doing wrong ? The other stairs are a breeze....I red that the thumb is closer to the d-pad and therefore is easy to press it faster, but I've tried for a couple of hours and I didn't pass it once.

Does anyone have any kind of tips for the DOWN-LEFT Stairs in the Eternal Slip mini-game ? Seriously what am I doing wrong ? The other stairs are a breeze....I red that the thumb is closer to the d-pad and therefore is easy to press it faster, but I've tried for a couple of hours and I didn't pass it once.

Yeah I wrote that part of the guide LOL. They are closer so don't focus on pressing them really fast because you are physically capable of doing it without much effort. You have to coordinate the characters movement with your inputs and not anticipate it like in the other instances, get it?

Yeah I wrote that part of the guide LOL. They are closer so don't focus on pressing them really fast because you are physically capable of doing it without much effort. You have to coordinate the characters movement with your inputs and not anticipate it like in the other instances, get it?

Argh, i'll try  :unsure:  (Thanks Nick)

The whole thing is pretty easy but I just hate those D/L Stairs.

Of course there's a way to make AI Battle more efficient: don't use it, because it sucks.

Also, there's no MP regen for him, but Kruller has an accessory you can get in The Ice Cave called the Feathered Hat that cuts MP costs by 50%.

Eh, guess I'll have to live with the stupid then. Right now I got my party with Krueger with no MP at all since every time he levels up, he waste that trying to heal any almost-full health partner. Allina keeps screaming "KRUEGER, SHUT THE FUCK UP, I GOT THIS!" *uses meliorate* and he is like "EW, FUCK YOU BITCH!" *uses Heaven Blow*.

Pro-tip right to grind battles here, folks. Once you reach a certain level (27ish), Hoston acquires the Toxic Plant attack, that's insta-kill on any mob on the last dungeon. His armor also regens his MP over time, so you can use that magic every 2 battles for a quick, fast win. I have the solar item equipped on him which increases focus start by 3 + everyone starts with 1 because of the KamaSutra book, so he starts with all 4 focus points he needs to use the magic, right off the bat. Setting the party to Auto will make Allina heal the whole party with Meliorate every time 2 or more party members drop around 80% health. Past level 30 you can't die anymore with this setup, no matter how hard you try. Save the Cupid's Bow to make her regen MP over time so you don't need to waste potions. Her MP will regen faster than it can be wasted, so expect her to have full MP pretty much the whole time when you are by level 50. Put the Fat Princess on the front lines and ask everyone to retreat, so Edessot can tank the damage with his far superior fat layers high HP. Expect Krueger to be retarded too.

• Like 1

Eh, guess I'll have to live with the stupid then. Right now I got my party with Krueger with no MP at all since every time he levels up, he waste that trying to heal any almost-full health partner. Allina keeps screaming "KRUEGER, SHUT THE FUCK UP, I GOT THIS!" *uses meliorate* and he is like "EW, FUCK YOU BITCH!" *uses Heaven Blow*.

Pro-tip right to grind battles here, folks. Once you reach a certain level (27ish), Hoston acquires the Toxic Plant attack, that's insta-kill on any mob on the last dungeon. His armor also regens his MP over time, so you can use that magic every 2 battles for a quick, fast win. I have the solar item equipped on him which increases focus start by 3 + everyone starts with 1 because of the KamaSutra book, so he starts with all 4 focus points he needs to use the magic, right off the bat. Setting the party to Auto will make Allina heal the whole party with Meliorate every time 2 or more party members drop around 80% health. Past level 30 you can't die anymore with this setup, no matter how hard you try. Save the Cupid's Bow to make her regen MP over time so you don't need to waste potions. Her MP will regen faster than it can be wasted, so expect her to have full MP pretty much the whole time when you are by level 50. Put the Fat Princess on the front lines and ask everyone to retreat, so Edessot can tank the damage with his far superior fat layers high HP. Expect Krueger to be retarded too.

Also you can do it next to the auto healers with the píer solar sign on the floor and once you run out of MP you can just walk a few. It is even easier on Kleoneo's fortress because the basic spell can kill them in one turn. 

Also you can do it next to the auto healers with the píer solar sign on the floor and once you run out of MP you can just walk a few. It is even easier on Kleoneo's fortress because the basic spell can kill them in one turn. 

What are those? Saw it mentioned before, but never realized there was one.

I understand what you mean, but it seems impossible to me, i'm trying it on the wrong path in the left part from the starting point but I don't know what i'm doing wrong...I'm really pissed right now. Seriously I feel so confident with everything else, but I always get it wrong. I've also tried to move my fingers a little bit away (to simulate the same position of the others) and at first I thoght It worked but when I'm on the way (3rd minute more or less) and I get to the D/L stair I fail. 

Edited by Re-LoreLink

I feel like I am missing something obvious. I am in Pine Forest and arrived at the Hunting Lodge but I can't  interact with anything to advance the storyline. Already saw that I need something here after going to the end of Pine Forest. The family here just keeps saying super will be ready in a few minutes. Trying not to give spoilers, sorry if I'm being to vague

Head west until you see a beaver chewing on a tree. Interact with it to pick it up and go back to the cabin. Interact with the cage inside the cabin to get some dialog, then interact with it again to advance the story. You should have the beaver in your inventory now, so return to that tree you need cut down to advance.

• Like 1

What are those? Saw it mentioned before, but never realized there was one.

There are some symbols on the floor that when you step on them heal and restore your entire party. As far as I remember I saw 2 of them. One in the final level and one in Kleoneo's Fortress. Those make grinding really easy.

• Like 1