Share one of your favorite Video Game Songs

KaosStrife

DuckTales was one of the first games I beat, not the first, but one of few first ones. It's soundtrack is amazing, I'd say all tracks on the soundtrack is great! The original tracks > remakes!! :P The original game differed in some ways too. Also, no "easy" jumping, no continues (IIRC) and generally much harder in most ways. Anyway, this is my favorite track from the game!

Another nice track from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles! This is the opening theme with the English vocals n stuff.

Another track from Dark Souls...

The opening theme to ICO IIRC, or at least plays if you wait long without touching any buttons! :D Great track that really captures the mood of the game! ^^

Another track from Tombi! 2! This is the area after the pipe area, where you get into the big town of the pipe area. If you hear this track, the place is still cursed and will probably be for a good while! ;p Did you find the thing one of the guys lost in the pipe area? :P (I did, but just asking, since that was one of the last events I did in the game when I first played it, at least before figuring out the secret castles n stuff with extra cool weapons).

The game the legendary term "All your base are belong to us" comes from. The game itself is actually pretty good, had it's own arcade releases too. The soundtrack is pretty nice as well. ^^

Edited by MMDE

Another classic track from the very first Ratchet & Clank game.

Another track from Wario Land 4. Great game and track, totally gets the quirk of Wario! :)

M.U.S.H.A., a shmup for Genesis (Mega Drive) that had a soundtrack that really kicked ass. :P

This track is from the competition shmup game, a shmup made for a shmup competion back in 93, called Summer Carnival '93! The game is called Nexzr. In some ways you could say it's the "sequel" to the previous year's game called Recca, a NES game, but this was for the PC Engine...

Vagrant Story has some pretty nice tracks! This is one of them!

Edited by MMDE

If I had to pick just one...

Final Fantasy VI - Nobuo Uematsu - Terra's Theme (Piano)

But these one's are great also:

Final Fantasy VII - Nobuo Uematsu - Aeris' Theme/Tifa's Theme (I know they're AC versions, but they sound cleaner than the PSX versions)

Silent Hill - Not Tomorrow (Lisa's Death) - (Actual clip from game for max feels)

Dragon Warrior - Overworld Theme (My favorite game as a kid, this is why I didn't play any FF games until the 90s :P)

Final Fantasy VIII - Faye Wong - Eyes On Me

Game of Thrones theme (Thanks to Atlus and Telltale for making a game with the show's opening theme :P)

Borderlands 2 - The Heavy - Short Change Hero

Gran Turismo - Garbage - As Heaven is Wide

• Like 4

This track from Radiant Silvergun is by the same guy as who did the soundtrack for Vagrant Story, FFT and FFXII.

Finally, a track from the first Tombi! game!! This track plays in the underground area, one of the last areas in the entire game......

This track from StarFox for SNES is a classic! :)

I honestly can't remember if I've played this game or not, it's another shmup, for the PC Engine (so probably not). But the soundtrack is nice! ^^

This one is from the pretty strange Firepower 2000 game, another "shmup" for SNES. I think this track might have been lifted from a Terminator movie or something IIRC. Pretty cool music for a SNES game IMO.

Edited by MMDE

fave Vocaloid song(s)

Embarrassment-Hiding Adolescence [HoneyWorks feat. Kagamine Len]

more vocaloid faves...

Fave Miku Song

Fave Rin Song

Fave Rin and Len Song

Fave Luka Song

Fave Meiko and Kaito Song

Streets of Rage 2 has some cool sound tracks, and this one is my favorite! :)

This is like the main theme from Metal Gear Solid 4... Snake is getting old...

Another track from Katamari!!! :D Katamari is always good times!

Final Fantasy Legend II... There were three FFL games for GBC, the two first had soundtracks composed by Nobuo Uematsu, and for most westerns, it's as if they are "legit" FF games... but they're not!! They're really a part of a completely different series called SaGa, which is a series of RPGs that has mostly been released JP exclusively. These are the first games in the series though, but it's totally worth checking out the later game's soundtracks as well!! Some of them are amazing!

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1