should not try it again..

Lonemankane

ok so after playing about 2 days worth of destiny I can't really get into it the trophies I got on it I wish I could get rid of the trophies for I don't like it and I kinda wish I never put £50 on buying it :/ oh well, what do you think? you wish you never got it like me or did you really like it let me know?

Edited by KANERKB

that was the one I got and yeah not really fun I found the game to be very dull too much doing the same things to get good stuff but it's a 50 50 you get it or not, also I never cared for destiny I only picked it up because I really wanted to try it when there was a kind of game of the year one and this one is not really worth it ;/

I'm enjoying it. First time playing since the Beta, and it's fun. I don't have much free time anymore, and I end up not finishing games I've started now. But this was perfect for me. It's not story heavy, and it doesn't have an ending really. So I can just jump on and do some PvP, strikes, raids, etc. and still make progress.

I don't care about the trophies though.

• Like 1

The always online thing kills it for me. Especially, when I get kicked every 20 minutes or so when I play it at schooI.

Also, with all the DLC, you pretty much have to buy it to do daily heroic strikes. That really annoys me too. I'm sure the DLC takes out some of the repetiveness, but you have to pay for it on top of the 60 bucks I've already spent.

Sry for the Off-topic , but please use some punctuation marks.  This is just a tip to make it easier to read :) .

In my opinion its good that you cannot delete trophies .  Trophies are your history of playing . If you stopped playing it, than the unfinished list says that you dislike the game. =) If you really dont like it than use hide function.

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

I've wanted to try out Destiny for the longest time but the reason i stray away and don't play it is because of what Kubanga said above.

My biggest problem is that basically 99% of the community is garbage and requires you to have certain weapons before you play with them. Oh and if you fuck up in a raid they usually scream profanity at you which is fun. 

Oh and if you fuck up in a raid they usually scream profanity at you which is fun.

That's me playing with kids. :awesome:

I've wanted to try out Destiny for the longest time but the reason i stray away and don't play it is because of what Kubanga said above.

His statement isn't actually true because there is no more weapon elitism with TTK, neither so much of the community is garbage. I would say 30% of it is shit, the rest is quite good.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

That's total BS. I had a total stranger help me and the group that I was playing with get a difficult to reach calcified fragment today. Five minutes later we beat the level 3 court of Oryx with four other random strangers. I've never even seen the lfg groups that mandate max level and weapons only. I have seen some people be total dicks, but you're going to see that anywhere. Destiny for the most part promotes teamwork. 

/topic: If you didnt care for it before, I doubt you'll like it much better now. I've been playing since week 2 and I've not missed more than a couple weeks since then. I'm a completionist though. Not just on my trophy profile either. I liked to finish my games to 100% before I ever knew about trophies. One thing I would like to point out is that Destiny doesn't really shine until you get to the end game content. So everybody that only played a couple hours of the game before quitting are missing out on what I consider the best part of the game.

• Like 2

His statement isn't actually true because there is no more weapon elitism with TTK, neither so much of the community is garbage. I would say 30% of it is shit, the rest is quite good.

That's total BS. I had a total stranger help me and the group that I was playing with get a difficult to reach calcified fragment today. Five minutes later we beat the level 3 court of Oryx with four other random strangers. I've never even seen the lfg groups that mandate max level and weapons only. I have seen some people be total dicks, but you're going to see that anywhere. Destiny for the most part promotes teamwork. 

Oh! Thanks so much for the replies guys.

@Yuri I actually don't know jack squat about Destiny so i'm glad to hear this. 

@Rowdi Yeah, i believe i can handle the Destiny community though if push comes to shove. After all, i have experience from playing COD :awesome:

• Like 2

I played the alpha when it was released, had fun initially , then I played the beta and 15 mins in I got bored and realized it wasn't the game for me although PvP is a blast. i liked the gunplay but it was too repetitive and grindy for my liking. 

then now before TTK was released I downloaded the game trial and the 17GB patch (twice because if a new patch arrives before the download is complete and if you pause the download it starts from 0 )   to give it another shot. NOPE! still the game. Destiny is a grindfest, strike bosses are bullet sponges so it gets boring I respect why some people like it but it isn't for me 

also always online is another factor I try and avoid games with DRM but I think I will give in to NFS this year (heres hoping they change their decision)  

@Rowdi Yeah, i believe i can handle the Destiny community though if push comes to shove. After all, i have experience from playing COD :awesome:

It's nowhere near as bad Kubanga made it out to be. I'd even go as far to say that Yuri high balled his estimate as I think it's more like 15-20%.

One thing to keep in mind is that Destiny isn't a pick up and play game like CoD is. It takes a little patience to build up your character to be able to do the fun stuff where you can be competitive with CoD when it comes right out of the box. I think that's one of the big things that keeps the "kiddies" from taking over.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a blast in TTK. The biggest barrier is finding people with whom you can play the end-game content. That is truly where the game shines IMO. I've had mixed experiences with some of the match-making sites, but two I would highly recommend are http://the100.io/ (for basically anything and everything) and https://www.reddit.com/r/destinysherpa if you're specifically looking for someone to teach you mechanics of the various raids. The100.io is also great if you're looking for raid sherpas, just schedule your games at least a couple hours in advance to give the community and/or your 100 group time to sign up for your activity.

I'm on a few nights a week if you ever want to run something (that goes for anyone interested). Let me know.

There are still plenty of jerks in PvP (maybe this is where the 15-20% number comes from). Since voice-chat in those games are opt-in, the worst thing you have to deal with is some teabagging.

There are still plenty of jerks in PvP (maybe this is where the 15-20% number comes from). Since voice-chat in those games are opt-in, the worst thing you have to deal with is some teabagging.

I really just pulled that number out of, well, nowhere. It was just a guesstimation based on my experience with randoms trying to idle through strikes or that one guy that has to sit in the room where the hive majors spawn on earth to keep them from spawning and keeping you from finishing your bounty there. There are some d-bags out there. They're just not everywhere. I feel like the vast majority of the community tries to help everyone else out.

I'd forgotten about the teabaggers in pvp. There's always going to be that kind of shit no matter what pvp game you're playing.