SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I must be pretty damn good if I'm only at 11,700 deaths so far.

Not to brag about it or anything. Just irks me when people have some ridiculous number like 40,000 - 70,000+ deaths.

Fun fact. I worked at a Dollar Tree Distribution Center for over two years doing your job. Will never do that again.

I know how you feel. Also, a death count as high as mine baffles me as much as it does you. I'm VERY clumsy, but I'm stubborn to the core.

Fun fact: I was stuck on 7-19X for 4 hours when I played it for the first time. Now its one of my easier levels (as long as I keep the rhythm going).

Edited by DJY8898

Just now, DJY8898 said:

I know how you feel. Also, a death count as high as mine baffles me as much as it does you. I'm VERY clumsy, but I'm stubborn to the core.

Fun fact: I was stuck on 7-19X for 4 hours when I played it for the first time.

Still, that's pretty high. Getting over 40,000 deaths in this game would be like me dying a whole bunch of times in Super Mario World. I've played that game so many times I can beat the entire thing with only a handful of deaths, if that.

Picking up boxes all day isn't all that great a job. Trust me I've been there, but I'm guessing you're there because you need the paychecks.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Picking up boxes all day isn't all that great a job. Trust me I've been there, but I'm guessing you're there because you need the paychecks.

Indeed. But it's better than nothing. It's exhausting at first but when the shop re-opens (I forgot to mention), it will become less of a hassle.

12 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

Indeed. But it's better than nothing. It's exhausting at first but when the shop re-opens (I forgot to mention), it will become less of a hassle.

You're still young, so you can definitely handle it. Definitely not a bad starter job, we've all been there before and while it generally sucks, that's usually the only real way to find something better.

42 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

If I ever decide to get this game and go for the plat, then I will need to follow it up with an easy plat like My Name is Mayo because I'm sure my soul will be crushed...

Follow it up with easy Games, exactly what I am doing at the moment.

But the next good and difficult games are already waiting in my backlog. :)

Seeing pepole talk about the death counter, mine has been stuck at 15763 for days now. Don’t know if it’s a glitch or because i quit the game while in the level select screen :dunno:. Either way it doesn’t mean i get any no death runs trophies for free, still have a bit to go before i’m able to get impossible boy and then it’s over to the «easier» no death runs

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

But what if those people don't play platformers? Or they play the game over like I did? I had around 20,000 deaths when I plat the game but I didn't just do the individual worlds I went back to record runs and went back to speedrun the game. 

In the end they are just as good as you, deaths really mean nothing especially since you haven't plat and that number will rise. This isn't a competition on who has less deaths.

Also what OJ9999vr said is correct. The death counter is broke and closing app at certain times won't count deaths making it an absolute useless counter so my 20k ish might be more like 22k or 24k and your 11,700 could be 12k or 14k. We will never know our true amount.

You do have a point. As I've said before, I'm terrible at platformers, but I have a love/hate relationship with SMB. Although my progress is slow (from 7/20 to 8/20 on Cotton Alley Dark), as long as I progressively master the levels, then the Platinum will be mine.

Fact: 7-10X was one of my worst levels. Now its one of my easiest.

I also managed to beat 7-9X, 7-14X and 7-20X on first attempt. With my job no longer being as physically exhausting as it once was (now its just applying prices to products instead of opening boxes all the time), I can definitely see myself getting the Platinum despite my clumsiness and lack of playtime.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

You do have a point. As I've said before, I'm terrible at platformers, but I have a love/hate relationship with SMB. Although my progress is slow (from 7/20 to 8/20 on Cotton Alley Dark), as long as I progressively master the levels, then the Platinum will be mine.

Fact: 7-10X was one of my worst levels. Now its one of my easiest.

I also managed to beat 7-9X, 7-14X and 7-20X on first attempt. With my job no longer being as physically exhausting as it once was (now its just applying prices to products instead of opening boxes all the time), I can definitely see myself getting the Platinum despite my clumsiness and lack of playtime.

Keep at and you will plat. Doesn't matter how long OR how many deaths what matters is you plat. Gl with it man

On 24/08/2018 at 0:25 PM, Spaz said:

I must be pretty damn good if I'm only at 11,700 deaths so far.

Not to brag about it or anything. Just irks me when people have some ridiculous number like 40,000 - 70,000+ deaths.

Fun fact. I worked at a Dollar Tree Distribution Center for over two years doing your job. Will never do that again.

How do you stop playing?

Do you go back to the main menu and quit from there or do you just quit from a level/ level select?

Because if you don't go back to the main menu your deaths aren't counting. If you are going back to the main menu I'd say 11.700 deaths is pretty good, dunno how many I had by the end of it (because I'd almost always quit the game from a level) but I had easily over 30.000 deaths.

I'm also of the opinion that the death counter doesn't matter.  I have no idea what mine is at and I'm not going to download the game again just to check.

If you're going for the platinum you'll die a lot like everyone else.  There's no real point in paying attention to just how much that is.  Just focus on getting good at each level and putting them together into a good run.

In general, that's how I'd advise approaching anything difficult.  Just push on until you get good enough and it works.  You'll probably fail a lot before that point, but oh well.  Whatever.

• Like 1

Just now, ivangutjahr said:

funny fact there isnt a topic like this for Crypt of the Necrodancer...

Maybe if they put it on PS+...

Just now, ivangutjahr said:

Im planning to do SMB as my 100th platinum, can someone please convince me otherwise? 1f602.png1f602.png LOL

Good luck!  It's tough to plan for though, as it's easy to get frustrated or burned out, etc.

• Like 1

Anyone that plats SMB automaticity gets my respect. I dosent matter if it took you 1 death or 1 million deaths to finish. Either way its a fantastic achievement, and no one should be allowed to say otherwise.....

Im not ashamed to admit that My death count was at around 20k when I finished, and that the game pretty much kicked my ass.

I am however ashamed to admit that I cant drive in a straight line whilst playing Trackmania Turbo.

49 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

bitching will never end hahaha

funny fact there isnt a topic like this for Crypt of the Necrodancer...

Im planning to do SMB as my 100th platinum, can someone please convince me otherwise? 1f602.png1f602.png LOL

And in response to this message, all I can say is this.....

Quit procrastinating and Fucking do it man!!!!!! Hahaha. Theres more than enough people here to help carry you through the nightmare ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Anyone that plats SMB automaticity gets my respect. I dosent matter if it took you 1 death or 1 million deaths to finish. Either way its a fantastic achievement, and no one should be allowed to say otherwise.....

This! ?

8 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

For me planning SMB as my 50th Platinum and 5000th Trophy, has brought extra motivation, so I could not delay it anymore and it was something very special :)

• Like 1

SMB is really hard Platformer game, yes but not 10/10, in my opinion only games need to Beat a World record without reset Can be have 10/10 like Lost Planet 2 before hack, but yes is 9/10, Cloudberry Kingdom is most hard of this game 9,50/10, SMB 9,25/10 and crypt has 9,75/10 or 9,9/10 depending your note, SMB is just knowledge ans try hard, so you don't really call this game " hardcore " is same for souls series, both is hard on begining, After you play again and again you finaly finish it.

5 hours ago, Blazhead said:

SMB is really hard Platformer game, yes but not 10/10, in my opinion only games need to Beat a World record without reset Can be have 10/10 like Lost Planet 2 before hack, but yes is 9/10, Cloudberry Kingdom is most hard of this game 9,50/10, SMB 9,25/10 and crypt has 9,75/10 or 9,9/10 depending your note, SMB is just knowledge ans try hard, so you don't really call this game " hardcore " is same for souls series, both is hard on begining, After you play again and again you finaly finish it.

Naaaa CoTN is a 10/10. Nothing is coming close to that plat at all and yes not even lost planet comes close. I heard Cloudberry is very similar in difficulty to SMB but I can't say as I haven't done it. 

As for just play the game you get better and it becomes easier. That is every game ever so I never understood why people say that. 

I do understand what you are saying though about a game requiring a WR to be beat is a 10 depending on how many people played it and how perfect the run is as after a while it will be impossible unless new strats are found.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Naaaa CoTN is a 10/10. Nothing is coming close to that plat at all and yes not even lost planet comes close. I heard Cloudberry is very similar in difficulty to SMB but I can't say as I haven't done it. 

As for just play the game you get better and it becomes easier. That is every game ever so I never understood why people say that. 

I do understand what you are saying though about a game requiring a WR to be beat is a 10 depending on how many people played it and how perfect the run is as after a while it will be impossible unless new strats are found.

Actually i just restart the game, my friend get the p^lat in 1 week i say 8/10 for is 9/10, SMB is not one of most hard platinium game... is just popular game

2 minutes ago, Blazhead said:

Actually i just restart the game, my friend get the p^lat in 1 week i say 8/10 for is 9/10, SMB is not one of most hard platinium game... is just popular game

Thats your opinion on SMB. If you think its 8/10 great im happy you found it easier.

I have a fair amount of games I diagree with... Looking at you Shadow warrior. Shadow warrior is rated 9/10 and 10/10 across the board but being honest it was a cakewalk ( imo ) and I gave it a 3/10 but thats my opinion. I wouldn't never say it isn't a 10/10 to someone if they genuinely believe it was a 10/10 for them. I did in the past and came off as a one of those people who says im better than you so I stopped.

The problem is difficulty is subjective, sure we can agree on some games to an extent but people will always have it easier or harder than others.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Blazhead said:

I don’t understand how you can comment on the games overall difficulty when you don’t actually have the plat for it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KaKrackle said:

I don’t understand how you can comment on the games overall difficulty when you don’t actually have the plat for it.

I just say that because i have have some Friend have the plat, actually i just started, but all i know Never gived 10/10, yes is my opinion, only Lost Planet 2 is 10/10 maybe he have other game in the same situation, i don't know all game, but yes i respect your opinion, just Cloudberry Kingdom is really most hard for easy reason, first level 319 is most hard of all level in SMB, the real difficulty is complet 20 level without die, for CK is Clear the game, the problem is CK is really really most hard of SMB so for some people have finish both ( on PC i Say ) finish Cotton Dark no die is easy if you look level 319 of CK, but i Never said SMB is easy for me is a solid 9/10 

1 hour ago, Blazhead said:

I just say that because i have have some Friend have the plat, actually i just started, but all i know Never gived 10/10, yes is my opinion, only Lost Planet 2 is 10/10 maybe he have other game in the same situation, i don't know all game, but yes i respect your opinion, just Cloudberry Kingdom is really most hard for easy reason, first level 319 is most hard of all level in SMB, the real difficulty is complet 20 level without die, for CK is Clear the game, the problem is CK is really really most hard of SMB so for some people have finish both ( on PC i Say ) finish Cotton Dark no die is easy if you look level 319 of CK, but i Never said SMB is easy for me is a solid 9/10 

Are you saying you done both on steam? If so I want to see the account.