SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Your height can make a difference. If you're tall and physically fit then 210 pounds isn't that bad, that's actually good. But if you're someone who is shorter, doesn't exercise and is around 210 pounds, then you definitely need to work out.

The BMI charts helped me keep me into shape and know where I'm at. I'm at around 150 pounds, still slender but better than when I was over 170.

Yeah I'm at 5'8" and my bmi is like a 29% or some shit lol. But I've got a bit of muscle on me too from wrestling and lifting a bunch of weights everyday. Running 5 miles a day kinda sucks too lol and I've kept myself on a strict diet these last couple weeks. Haven't had soda since December 2016 and have drank nothing but water since then. I'm JUST now starting to eat cleaner, but hopefully by next year I'm down to where I want and all this blubber is burned off.? 

22 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Buuuut anyway, I enjoy coming back to this thread seeing everybody enjoy taking this game head on and supporting one another. I definitely need to find more challenging games. I'm about to start DBZ fighters but I need to figure out what to play after that ?

We both share a similar trophy profile. I spent most of 2016 and 2017 playing mostly easier games, with a couple harder ones here and there. I too need to play harder games. I have Dead Space 2, Rogue Legacy and Vanquish which are all challenging in their own way which is a start.

Strangely enough I find getting easy games like My Name is Mayo to be rather addictive. Even if the game outright sucks which in my opinion it did suck, I still bought it purely for the trophies because I enjoy getting trophies that much. Orc Slayer was another game I did that was absolute trash, painful experience but a sigh of relief for every trophy I got.

I can do most levels in Cotton Alley Light without dying, but there's still a few where I die a lot in them. Namely 7-11 and 7-16, I'm never consistent enough to do them without dying since it's incredibly easy to die on those levels.

9 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Yeah I'm at 5'8" and my bmi is like a 29% or some shit lol. But I've got a bit of muscle on me too from wrestling and lifting a bunch of weights everyday. Running 5 miles a day kinda sucks too lol and I've kept myself on a strict diet these last couple weeks. Haven't had soda since December 2016 and have drank nothing but water since then. I'm JUST now starting to eat cleaner, but hopefully by next year I'm down to where I want and all this blubber is burned off.1f600.png 

I have never been above 175 in my life. I have always been skinny for the most part, even at age 29 and I look younger than most.

I made a status update recently regarding my consumption of energy drinks. Rockstar and Monster are horrible, always get the jitters after I drink one and I get a very bad reaction to them, usually ending in a migraine. Horrible shit, and I've seen 16 - 18 year old kids drink as many as three cans a day on a daily basis.

I still drink some soda but only sparingly. Trust me, you feel so much more confident about yourself eating real fruit and vegetables rather than eating Double Quarter Pounders at McDonalds, or Triple Whoppers at Burger King like I used to do a decade ago.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

Boy oh boy, what a weekend.

First I wasn't quite sure, if I should start SMB right away, cause I have still too many games in my backlog. But I couldn't resist that cute little redface with his evil smirk on my dashboard.

I made it trough the light world, did the no death runs on the first 3 light and first dark world and completed Cotton Alley Light. I had such a blast and it is so addictive.

Then I played The Kid Warpzone for like 3 hours in total .. What a Pain-in-the-ass. I hate the spikes hitbox, i simply coudn't get used to it, especially in level 2.

I'll probably go for the rest of Trophies first, before attempting the next no death runs.

I think it is amazing, that some people were able to platinum SMB in a few weeks, or even in a few days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mori-101 said:

Boy oh boy, what a weekend.

First I wasn't quite sure, if I should start SMB right away, cause I have still too many games in my backlog. But I couldn't resist that cute little redface with his evil smirk on my dashboard.

I made it trough the light world, did the no death runs on the first 3 light and first dark world and completed Cotton Alley Light. I had such a blast and it is so addictive.

Then I played The Kid Warpzone for like 3 hours in total .. What a Pain-in-the-ass. I hate the spikes hitbox, i simply coudn't get used to it, especially in level 2.

I'll probably go for the rest of Trophies first, before attempting the next no death runs.

I think it is amazing, that some people were able to platinum SMB in a few weeks, or even in a few days.

That kid warp zone was just fookin ORRABAL!

Took me a good few hours too, thank goodness you don't have to start all 3 areas again that doesn't bear thinking about.

@MIKEY-L-666 Damn dude, the only game that was worth smashing a controller for me was Shadow of the Colossus back on ps3, that 3rd colossi hard time attack where you just can't get a good grip was just enough to make me snap, threw my controller at the sofa, missed and it hit the floor and then bounced up and hit the ceiling, RIP.

You're making good progress though, also finished the dark world so you're almost done with the 'easy' trophies ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Managed maggot boy last night.

The cost was a PS4 controller being smashed to pieces.... Think i'm gonna take a few months off from this!

If you're 100% sure that you will throw the controller and it's going to die, instead of killing it sell it and for the money from the controller buy homeless cat's food if you have some around. You will feel like a GOD and the animals will be happy! :D Than buy a new controller and finish the damn game! :D

Edited by bezdomnekoty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

@MIKEY-L-666 Damn dude, the only game that was worth smashing a controller for me was Shadow of the Colossus back on ps3, that 3rd colossi hard time attack where you just can't get a good grip was just enough to make me snap, threw my controller at the sofa, missed and it hit the floor and then bounced up and hit the ceiling, RIP.

You're making good progress though, also finished the dark world so you're almost done with the 'easy' trophies 1f602.png

Think the last controller I smashed was doing the challenges on god of war on the PS3. Long story short I'd done all the worst levels last night, the ones that I always fuck up on the die on one of the stupidest easy ones in the most idiotic way with only a couple to go. And that was the end of the controller. I've had a go on the dark world and it's not even funny. It's actually just upsetting. 

2 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

If you're 100% sure that you will throw the controller and it's going to die, instead of killing it sell it and for the money from the controller buy homeless cat's food if you have some around. You will feel like a GOD and the animals will be happy! :D

I actually already do that there are a few that come to my garden for cat goods lol as well as my own little lion lad Walter 

• Like 1

Damn, that Demon Boy was a pain in the ass. Managed to get Brimstone Boy fairly easy yesterday (jinxed it at the very last jump once ...) and thought about checking out the dark levels and which will trouble me the most. Then I ended up playing 5 more hours. ? 

So I got tactics for most levels and was really confident, except 4-5 (this first jump through all the sawblades was never consistent) and **** 4-19 with the slow elevator and "HellMouth"(?) on top (no tactic worked 100% of the time). After I managed out an order to play the levels, I went for the trophy ... and failed ... and failed ... and failed. The biggest mistakes always happened on the most easiest levels and always when I got near the trophy, my nerves and heart were my biggest enemies. The more I came to the last levels of my run, the more confidence I gained in actually getting this done. I played for 1 1/2 hours today and finally got it done.

When I think back, playing through dark hell the very first time, I always thought to myself, how the hell am I ever going to beat this without dying? Well, today I say, thats how!

I'll play Rapture later in the evening ... I hope, I'll be done with light world quickly so I can concentrate on dark world, which probably will be another torture.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dark said:

@Mori-101 You've made good progress considering you started not so long ago. Good luck. 

He’s made the same amount of progress I did in under a week. He’s definitely capable of getting the platinum. 

Light Cotton Alley shouldn’t be too terrible. It’s Dark Cotton Alley I’m worried about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

He’s made the same amount of progress I did in under a week. He’s definitely capable of getting the platinum. 

Light Cotton Alley shouldn’t be too terrible. It’s Dark Cotton Alley I’m worried about.

It took me about a month from earning Girl Boy to achieve Impossible Boy, I was so close to get some times but I screw it. However, in the end, my persistence paid off. All I can say is just keep playing the game, play every day if possible, and you will eventually get it.

37 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

It took me about a month from earning Girl Boy to achieve Impossible Boy, I was so close to get some times but I screw it. However, in the end, my persistence paid off. All I can say is just keep playing the game, play every day if possible, and you will eventually get it.

I spent three nights going for Zombie Boy before I obtained it. Took around 12 to 14 hours of my time to get good enough to do all 20 levels without dying.

I reckon Girl Boy is about the same in terms of difficulty. A few nights of dedication should be enough for me to go for it.

Impossible Boy I hear can be in the neighborhood of 25 to 50+ hours to get good enough. Someone on this website who earned the platinum said it took him 75 hours to achieve Impossible Boy. That is real commitment for sure.

Maggot Boy was done very fast. Guess the many hours on Dark hell improved my Game a lot. Zombie boy could be done tomorrow/later. So far i have strats for all levels but i fail too much in the beginning, thus i Loose Motivation and concentration and i Start goofin' around. Made it almost to the end twice and died in stupid ways like always, cause i cant Keep my cool.

Cant wait for Cotton Alley :D

Coming back to Meat Boy after thousands of deaths in Celeste is a pain, but starting it the first time right after Dustforce was just as painful. Great platformers with beautiful movement and wonderfully designed around their own mechanical quirks. Meat Boy is just jumping, but with extremely sensitive controls. Every death in SMB feels like punishment instead of an accident, and I never feel like I learn anything other than “yep, these controls sure are sensitive ... and fussy.” I don’t think know I can’t take it anymore. Congratulations to everyone who turned their suffering into bliss.

Personally none of my runs took more than 10hrs. My impossible boy run took 5 to 7hrs of practice ( ill put exact time when I do the math ) I felt that after I 106 % the game I was very prepared for the rest of my no death runs. Also watching speedruns really helped as I would usually copy a few time saves from them, obviously not the frame perfect ones but ones like in 7-7 where you can go straight to the top. With enough practice anyone can get this ( Just like any other 100% or plat )  

To those giving up DON'T. You CAN and WILL do this.

My exact time was 4.5hrs to do impossible boy... Yes it took me a while to do the math but I forgot.

Edited by lilpain97
Add on
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, dmland12 said:

It's been a long while since I played SMB, but I started again earlier this week and finally picked up Zombie Boy tonight.  I guess I've got to go for the plat now.  ?

Actually just came across your profile on the recent players and saw you had a 2 year gap there. Must have been having nightmares about that for a while!

I didn't even intend on trying to do SMB. Had a friend telling me to do it, and it was 5 dollars so I picked it up.

Deliberately avoided warp zones so it wouldn't be on my profile and managed to do the death run for forest without too much effort. So I ended up committing. 

Think ive reached my limit though. I may be able to do hell dark world. But there is one level in rapture dark and cotton dark that I cant finish legit let alone do a no death run.

14 minutes ago, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Actually just came across your profile on the recent players and saw you had a 2 year gap there. Must have been having nightmares about that for a while!

I didn't even intend on trying to do SMB. Had a friend telling me to do it, and it was 5 dollars so I picked it up.

Deliberately avoided warp zones so it wouldn't be on my profile and managed to do the death run for forest without too much effort. So I ended up committing. 

Think ive reached my limit though. I may be able to do hell dark world. But there is one level in rapture dark and cotton dark that I cant finish legit let alone do a no death run.

I was feeling pretty burnt out on the game after getting the Demon Boy trophy.  I hadn't actually given up...  It was something I had meant to come back to and try to finish sometime.  I guess now's the time (unless it proves to be too difficult and I need to take another long break).

I've got several others games on my list I haven't played in a while that I'd like to plat eventually, but this one is certainly the toughest.  Sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it.  :P