TheYuriG

SMB Bitching Thread

720 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

My progress seems to be going up and down at this point:

 

Deathless:  7-3X, 7-4X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-17X

Decent: 7-13X

OK: 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-19X, 7-20X

Developing: 7-16X

Ruined a 100% guaranteed No-Death Run: 7-1X

Once deathless now I'm dying a lot: 7-2X, 7-5X, 7-12X, 7-18X

 

Furthest No-Death Run: 18/20

 

I wonder if it's simply because I'm tired or I'm burnt out on SMB after trying for 31 consecutive days. That just shows how obstinate I can be when I want something. But then again, my excessive sweating has become more of an interference than before. Ever since my 18/20 run, I can't seem to get past 6/20 at this point. Though this happened to him 2 years ago, I'm basically in @KaKrackle's position now with Impossible Boy issues. The only difference is I'm patient but easily discouraged. But who knows, I might get it when I least expect it. 1f602.png

Them issues will soon vanish once you get the plat. Then you can repat the whole process again next year when SMB Forever is released.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Them issues will soon vanish once you get the plat. Then you can repat the whole process again next year when SMB Forever is released.

 

 

I dont think SMB Forever will be a great successor, more a cashgrab. You just need to watch the PAX East Gameplay video... The End is Nigh is probably a better choice, if it ever comes to PS4.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mori said:

 

 

I dont think SMB Forever will be a great successor, more a cashgrab. You just need to watch the PAX East Gameplay video... The End is Nigh is probably a better choice, if it ever comes to PS4.

YeahI agree with what your saying. I played SMB Forever last year at EGX and the whole auto runner idea isn’t selling it to me so far either. We should all Fear the End is Nigh if it ever comes to ps4. Especially if theres full play through,  no deaths trophy attatached to it, like on Steam.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly post about bitching but this seems to be the most active thread in this subforum with many active SMB veterans.

Those who managed to plat this game, what's your setup regarding input lag?

Are you guys playing on regular TVs or using PC monitors?

 

I'm wondering whether even a small input lag on my large TV can affect the gameplay in a notable manner.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

My progress seems to be going up and down at this point:

 

Deathless:  7-3X, 7-4X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-17X

Decent: 7-13X

OK: 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-19X, 7-20X

Developing: 7-16X

Ruined a 100% guaranteed No-Death Run: 7-1X

Once deathless now I'm dying a lot: 7-2X, 7-5X, 7-12X, 7-18X

 

Furthest No-Death Run: 18/20

 

I wonder if it's simply because I'm tired or I'm burnt out on SMB after trying for 31 consecutive days. That just shows how obstinate I can be when I want something. But then again, my excessive sweating has become more of an interference than before. Ever since my 18/20 run, I can't seem to get past 6/20 at this point. Though this happened to him 2 years ago, I'm basically in @KaKrackle's position now with Impossible Boy issues. The only difference is I'm patient but easily discouraged. But who knows, I might get it when I least expect it. 😂

 

"Ruined a 100% guaranteed No-Death Run: 7-1X", never call it 100% guaranteed before you're done. You never know what can happen, no matter how good you are.

 

One tip on 7-12X, the blades are having different spaces in-between or different speeds at certain points, so at the 2nd lowest to bottom level you'll most likely die if you're not in the right gap. If you use the same pattern as in my run you'll most likely make it the majority of the time. 7-5X isn't so bad either with the right pattern.

One thing i wonder is your daily playtime, both my no deaths came after around 5-6h, with times going from 0, 10-30min, 1-2h, 5-6h, 8-10h.

Don't give up now, you're so close.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

 

"Ruined a 100% guaranteed No-Death Run: 7-1X", never call it 100% guaranteed before you're done. You never know what can happen, no matter how good you are.

 

One tip on 7-12X, the blades are having different spaces in-between or different speeds at certain points, so at the 2nd lowest to bottom level you'll most likely die if you're not in the right gap. If you use the same pattern as in my run you'll most likely make it the majority of the time. 7-5X isn't so bad either with the right pattern.

One thing i wonder is your daily playtime, both my no deaths came after around 5-6h, with times going from 0, 10-30min, 1-2h, 5-6h, 8-10h.

Don't give up now, you're so close.

You have a point with the "100% guarantee". The levels I lost touch with, its not because of the level itself for being difficult, but because the "clumsy factor" increased - dying for idiotic reasons such as dying in places that can't kill you, pausing at the wrong time, slamming my thumb on the touchpad or any other button instead of the pause button, overshooting jumps, undershooting jumps, etc. I'm starting to get a grip on 7-2X, 7-12X and 7-18X but 7-5X is simply from acting on impulse. Other then that, I can still beat them easily. It would be a shame to throw in the towel now, considering how far I have come and how close I am to one of the rarest Platinum trophies.

 

If you're wondering about playtime, it varies. If it's on a day that I work, then it can vary from 1-4 hours, sometimes less but I don't get much progress due to tiredness. The days that I'm not working, it depends. Either I have the whole day or 5-6 hours.

Edited by DJY8898
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of shit has been posted on this thread lately, so I'm going to try to catch up and read what you guys are saying.

 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:18 PM, DJY8898 said:

Thanks. On another note, as I've said before, my gameplay goes up and down. Some days I do extremely well, while others I die about 2000 times in one sitting due to lack of focus and not learning from my mistakes. But as @lilpain97,  @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and @KaKrackle said, as long as I obtain the Platinum, the number of deaths and the number of days it takes me to get it won't matter. Though on day 26 of trying to get Impossible Boy, my skills seem to be deteriorating.

 

On 9/9/2018 at 2:34 AM, OJ9999vr said:

 

Yeah, deaths doesn't matter. Won't be unimaginable that i had 10k just from impossible boy. And i completely get you with the deteriorating skills, at the time i've worked 3 weeks with 6 full days and on top of that lack of sleep. Some days i worked late to early so i had no time to play there, then falling asleep when i got home again. Basically setting me back a bit. One thing i noticed was my runs being very good earlier on in the play session and very late.

Don't know if it's any help, but it's defenetly possible.

 

I'm the same way. It took me three days of dedication to get Zombie Boy, but due to the fact that you cannot switch characters at all in Cotton Alley that zone is easily the hardest in the entire game.

 

Personally I just find it difficult to get myself occupied for that long. With so many games available these days it's hard to dedicate your time to just one game for days if not weeks at a time while there are other games like Guacamelee 2, the new Spider Man and new Tomb Raider game that are all well worth your time. Then of course there's always the urge to just do a rather quick platinum and move on to the next, putting Super Meat Boy further back on the back burner.

 

Plus with over 100 games on my backlog, I feel more motivated to try out more games than to go back and play a game that I've already invested dozens of hours into such as Super Meat Boy.

 

We'll see.

 

On 9/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, OJ9999vr said:

Done with Girl Boy too!

 

Only had to exit to map once on the last level. About 5-10min before this i failed a 20/20 because i thought 7-7 was done, leaving it for last by an accident and i almost did it too. I got too nervous on the last fan bounce and turned the wrong way. At least i don't have to worry about cotton alley anymore.

 

Good job man. I'll use your video as a reference when I get back to this game.

 

7-7 is bullshit. 7-20 is only difficult if you leave that as one of the last levels.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:08 AM, DJY8898 said:

My progress seems to be going up and down at this point:

 

Deathless:  7-3X, 7-4X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-17X

Decent: 7-13X

OK: 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-19X, 7-20X

Developing: 7-16X

Ruined a 100% guaranteed No-Death Run: 7-1X

Once deathless now I'm dying a lot: 7-2X, 7-5X, 7-12X, 7-18X

 

Furthest No-Death Run: 18/20

 

I wonder if it's simply because I'm tired or I'm burnt out on SMB after trying for 31 consecutive days. That just shows how obstinate I can be when I want something. But then again, my excessive sweating has become more of an interference than before. Ever since my 18/20 run, I can't seem to get past 6/20 at this point. Though this happened to him 2 years ago, I'm basically in @KaKrackle's position now with Impossible Boy issues. The only difference is I'm patient but easily discouraged. But who knows, I might get it when I least expect it. 😂

 

I completely understand you man. Impossible Boy is easily the hardest trophy in the game, Dark Cotton Alley is a lot more difficult than Light Cotton Alley. It would just kill me to leave one last trophy for the platinum, so I would definitely keep trying.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:59 AM, Mori said:

 

 

I dont think SMB Forever will be a great successor, more a cashgrab. You just need to watch the PAX East Gameplay video... The End is Nigh is probably a better choice, if it ever comes to PS4.

 

Shame. Those guys made a pretty big success with Super Meat Boy back in 2010 when it first released. Forever looks more like fan service for those who want to get it.

 

Meat Boy was probably really only good as a one time deal.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:26 AM, KaKrackle said:

YeahI agree with what your saying. I played SMB Forever last year at EGX and the whole auto runner idea isn’t selling it to me so far either. We should all Fear the End is Nigh if it ever comes to ps4. Especially if theres full play through,  no deaths trophy attatached to it, like on Steam.

 

Another difficult indie platformer.

 

I may skip on it, depending on how well it gets received.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 6:21 AM, HusKyCode said:

Not exactly post about bitching but this seems to be the most active thread in this subforum with many active SMB veterans.

Those who managed to plat this game, what's your setup regarding input lag?

Are you guys playing on regular TVs or using PC monitors?

 

I'm wondering whether even a small input lag on my large TV can affect the gameplay in a notable manner.

 

The game runs very smoothly on the Playstation 4. I can't say what it runs like on the Vita since I never played that version.

 

As far as performance goes you should have no problems. You just need skill and dedication to get the no death trophies.

 

If you plan to stream this game on Twitch or Youtube, then I can see problems with input lag. But if your setup is good you should be fine.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 2:47 PM, DJY8898 said:

You have a point with the "100% guarantee". The levels I lost touch with, its not because of the level itself for being difficult, but because the "clumsy factor" increased - dying for idiotic reasons such as dying in places that can't kill you, pausing at the wrong time, slamming my thumb on the touchpad or any other button instead of the pause button, overshooting jumps, undershooting jumps, etc. I'm starting to get a grip on 7-2X, 7-12X and 7-18X but 7-5X is simply from acting on impulse. Other then that, I can still beat them easily. It would be a shame to throw in the towel now, considering how far I have come and how close I am to one of the rarest Platinum trophies.

 

If you're wondering about playtime, it varies. If it's on a day that I work, then it can vary from 1-4 hours, sometimes less but I don't get much progress due to tiredness. The days that I'm not working, it depends. Either I have the whole day or 5-6 hours.

 

I definitely want Super Meat Boy done before the end of this year. I'm fairly close to getting the Girl Boy trophy, but I still need to practice a bit on some of the levels where I'm dying quite a bit before I'll give it another go.

 

Well, that's real life. Sometimes work will leave you with very little gameplay time to spare. That's just the way things go.

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Lot of shit has been posted on this thread lately, so I'm going to try to catch up and read what you guys are saying.

 

I'm the same way. It took me three days of dedication to get Zombie Boy, but due to the fact that you cannot switch characters at all in Cotton Alley that zone is easily the hardest in the entire game.

 

Personally I just find it difficult to get myself occupied for that long. With so many games available these days it's hard to dedicate your time to just one game for days if not weeks at a time while there are other games like Guacamelee 2, the new Spider Man and new Tomb Raider game that are all well worth your time. Then of course there's always the urge to just do a rather quick platinum and move on to the next, putting Super Meat Boy further back on the back burner.

 

I completely understand you man. Impossible Boy is easily the hardest trophy in the game, Dark Cotton Alley is a lot more difficult than Light Cotton Alley. It would just kill me to leave one last trophy for the platinum, so I would definitely keep trying.

 

I definitely want Super Meat Boy done before the end of this year. I'm fairly close to getting the Girl Boy trophy, but I still need to practice a bit on some of the levels where I'm dying quite a bit before I'll give it another go.

 

Well, that's real life. Sometimes work will leave you with very little gameplay time to spare. That's just the way things go.

Overall, you're not missing much on the thread. It's mostly me and OJ9999vr talking to each other. At this point, Impossible Boy is no longer impossible for me - it's doable yet very demanding. After stubbornly trying to get it for 32 consecutive days, my gameplay declined and I was becoming very discouraged every time I messed up a run - whether it was 3/20 or 14/20.

 

But on the advice of S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and greenzsaber (whose guides helped me get every other no-death trophy), I decided to take a break from SMB for the next week or two. Games such as Twisted Metal, Bayonetta, Shadow Of The Colossus, Detroit: Become Human, Starwhal and Far Cry 5 are all on my to-do list. Once I Platinum a couple of them (may take a while), I will play Super Meat Boy seriously again with a refreshed mindset.

Edited by DJY8898
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

Overall, you're not missing much on the thread. It's mostly me and OJ9999vr talking to each other. At this point, Impossible Boy is no longer impossible for me - it's doable yet very demanding. After stubbornly trying to get it for 32 consecutive days, my gameplay declined and I was becoming very discouraged every time I messed up a run - whether it was 3/20 or 14/20.

 

But on the advice of S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and greenzsaber (whose guides helped me get every other no-death trophy), I decided to take a break from SMB for the next week or two. Games such as Twisted Metal, Bayonetta, Shadow Of The Colossus, Detroit: Become Human, Starwhal and Far Cry 5 are all on my to-do list. Once I Platinum a couple of them (may take a while), I will play Super Meat Boy seriously again with a refreshed mindset.

 

Still boggles me how some people get such fast platinum times for this game. If they played this years before on Steam I completely understand, but those who never played are going to have a hell of a time for this platinum.

 

Personally I may have a go at some very difficult platinums after Super Meat Boy, but that's about it. Something like Crypt of the Necrodancer or I Am Bread is absolutely insane, huge respect to everyone who goes for them. Especially Floriss, that guy is a fucking beast.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

Still boggles me how some people get such fast platinum times for this game. If they played this years before on Steam I completely understand, but those who never played are going to have a hell of a time for this platinum.

 

Personally I may have a go at some very difficult platinums after Super Meat Boy, but that's about it. Something like Crypt of the Necrodancer or I Am Bread is absolutely insane, huge respect to everyone who goes for them. Especially Floriss, that guy is a fucking beast.

Add Nuclear Throne and Trackmania to your list too, if you want some hard plats.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'm the same way. It took me three days of dedication to get Zombie Boy, but due to the fact that you cannot switch characters at all in Cotton Alley that zone is easily the hardest in the entire game.

 

I'm not sure, Girl Boy seems so easy in comparison. I have no idea where to start on zombie boy, let alone which character is best to use at which point. Those areas with tight precision jumps are just awful, then add the missile levels on top of those, followed by the gravity orbs. This will be a lot of "fun". Good job on getting it in 3 days though.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Good job man. I'll use your video as a reference when I get back to this game.

 

7-7 is bullshit. 7-20 is only difficult if you leave that as one of the last levels.

 

Thanks. 7-7 isn't actually that bad once you get used to it, but you'll still need to do things very precise. And yeah, 7-20 can be a real pain, mainly because of the tight jumps on the ending part.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

 

I'm not sure, Girl Boy seems so easy in comparison. I have no idea where to start on zombie boy, let alone which character is best to use at which point. Those areas with tight precision jumps are just awful, then add the missile levels on top of those, followed by the gravity orbs. This will be a lot of "fun". Good job on getting it in 3 days though.

 

[...]

 

I've said it many times before; Zombie Boy was by far the worst No-Death run imo. I was lucky enough to have a perfect run on my first day trying (after a dozen of hours). If I had to do all runs again, it would be the most dreaded. My advice, keep 5-9 and 5-10 til the end and learn to play with Gish and of course the Kid as you'll probably use him on many levels anyway. Reason is, you can easily exit map, when it seems like you'll die or fail, at least easier than most other levels.

 

I've mostly copied the strats from "Sir Knight Surefire"

 

Spoiler

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mori said:

 

I've said it many times before; Zombie Boy was by far the worst No-Death run imo. I was lucky enough to have a perfect run on my first day trying (after a dozen of hours). If I had to do all runs again, it would be the most dreaded. My advice, keep 5-9 and 5-10 til the end and learn to play with Gish and of course the Kid as you'll probably use him on many levels anyway. Reason is, you can easily exit map, when it seems like you'll die or fail, at least easier than most other levels.

 

I've mostly copied the strats from "Sir Knight Surefire"

 

Thanks for the tips, what levels do you recommend using Gish? He just won't slide easily on walls, so i skipped using him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me zombie boy over girl boy any time!

 

It really doesn't help that I hate using that character, the worst levels for me seem to be the ones with the fans and gravity balls.

 

Going to get a few good sessions in today to try and get them more consistent and when I do attempt the run those annoying shit levels will be the first to go for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spaz said:

The game runs very smoothly on the Playstation 4. I can't say what it runs like on the Vita since I never played that version.

 

As far as performance goes you should have no problems. You just need skill and dedication to get the no death trophies.

 

If you plan to stream this game on Twitch or Youtube, then I can see problems with input lag. But if your setup is good you should be fine.

 

@Mori was kind enough to compare his older PC monitor and his new 4K LG OLED and he said there was no noticeable difference between the two when it comes to input lag.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

 

Thanks for the tips, what levels do you recommend using Gish? He just won't slide easily on walls, so i skipped using him.

 

Oh, I've used Gish on 5-9 and the Kid on 5-10. Gish needs a bit of practice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mori said:

 

Oh, I've used Gish on 5-9 and the Kid on 5-10. Gish needs a bit of practice.

 

Tried a bit more, no matter what i do he won't slide up the wall. That's basically my most important thing there, otherwise i can see him as a very useful character

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mori said:

 

I've said it many times before; Zombie Boy was by far the worst No-Death run imo.

 

Yeah, I might have to agree.  Zombie Boy was where I hit the wall hard in this game and gave it a big break before eventually coming back to it.

 

Impossible Boy's tough too, especially after you have more or less mastered the Rapture levels and are feeling good about yourself.  Then you play on Cotton Alley dark and it's like... what happened?  I'm absolutely awful at all of these levels.  :P

 

So, you've got to just start over again learning how to consistently get past a new set of levels.  Put in the practice and eventually get good at it too.  It's probably similar going "backwards" from Impossible Boy to Zombie Boy too, I'd guess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spaz said:

 

Personally I may have a go at some very difficult platinums after Super Meat Boy, but that's about it. Something like Crypt of the Necrodancer or I Am Bread is absolutely insane, huge respect to everyone who goes for them. Especially Floriss, that guy is a fucking beast.

 

Go for it, it feels waaayyy better than just earning a random easy plat. 

On 14/09/2018 at 2:21 PM, HusKyCode said:

Not exactly post about bitching but this seems to be the most active thread in this subforum with many active SMB veterans.

Those who managed to plat this game, what's your setup regarding input lag?

Are you guys playing on regular TVs or using PC monitors?

 

I'm wondering whether even a small input lag on my large TV can affect the gameplay in a notable manner.

Im late but I plat all on ps4, I played on a monitor like I do all games and noticed no lag ( Obviously there's lag but its very minimal ) TVs do have more input lag depending on the TV but I highly doubt you will notice it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured out what i did wrong with Gish, i held down the R1 button which made him stick to the walls and roofs, but he was way too unreliable.

In not too many hours i've done 3 9/20 runs, all failing on 5-3X (didn't have a lot of practice on it). With 5-9X being by far the worst, it's so random, you never know if the zombies will run at you like normal or just being stuck until you're right next to them. I've also started getting 5-15X-5-20X pretty consistently, most runs going 5-9X, 5-8X, 5-15X-5-20X, 5-7X and fail on 5-3X.

By the looks of it now the difficulty is about the same as Girl Boy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mori said:

 

I've said it many times before; Zombie Boy was by far the worst No-Death run imo. I was lucky enough to have a perfect run on my first day trying (after a dozen of hours). If I had to do all runs again, it would be the most dreaded. My advice, keep 5-9 and 5-10 til the end and learn to play with Gish and of course the Kid as you'll probably use him on many levels anyway. Reason is, you can easily exit map, when it seems like you'll die or fail, at least easier than most other levels.

 

I've mostly copied the strats from "Sir Knight Surefire"

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

Going to have to disagree with you there. Impossible Boy is a lot more difficult than Zombie Boy.

 

I often see a lot of mixed opinions on whether Zombie Boy is any more difficult than Girl Boy, or Girl Boy is a cakewalk in comparison.

 

The first few levels for Impossible Boy definitely show the difficult really ramps up, but no doubt it's the last zone in the game so no doubt they are going to be tough.

 

Zombie Boy I would probably agree is the second toughest no death run in the game, due to how little room you have to manage as opposed to the earlier no death runs. I still haven't gotten any better than five levels at a time without dying for Impossible Boy. But I think having the option to choose characters helps out a ton for Zombie Boy, if it were just Meat Boy those levels would be pretty difficult.

 

3 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Go for it, it feels waaayyy better than just earning a random easy plat.

 

That's true, but I'm not going to bite my teeth and bang my head against a wall in pain and frustration just to try to earn a very difficult platinum.

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

Going to have to disagree with you there. Impossible Boy is a lot more difficult than Zombie Boy.

 

I often see a lot of mixed opinions on whether Zombie Boy is any more difficult than Girl Boy, or Girl Boy is a cakewalk in comparison.

 

The first few levels for Impossible Boy definitely show the difficult really ramps up, but no doubt it's the last zone in the game so no doubt they are going to be tough.

 

Zombie Boy I would probably agree is the second toughest no death run in the game, due to how little room you have to manage as opposed to the earlier no death runs. I still haven't gotten any better than five levels at a time without dying for Impossible Boy. But I think having the option to choose characters helps out a ton for Zombie Boy, if it were just Meat Boy those levels would be pretty difficult.

 

 

[...]

 

I've never said more difficult but worse. I just didnt enjoy Zombie Boy, whereas Impossible Boy was way more fun but also more difficult, sure. 

 

Maybe it's because I've put myself under too much pressure getting at least one no-death run each day. Got Zombie Boy one minute before midnight and played almost none the next day on Cotton light, cause I was exhausted.

 

Who knows. 😕

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaz said:
1 hour ago, Spaz said:

 

That's true, but I'm not going to bite my teeth and bang my head against a wall in pain and frustration just to try to earn a very difficult platinum.

 

Depends if the game is fair. So far I only got extremely pissed at IaB ( Hence the year break ) Trials I was annoyed at Redlynx to the sword then just thought its my fault so no point in getting pissed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mori said:

 

I've never said more difficult but worse. I just didnt enjoy Zombie Boy, whereas Impossible Boy was way more fun but also more difficult, sure. 

 

Maybe it's because I've put myself under too much pressure getting at least one no-death run each day. Got Zombie Boy one minute before midnight and played almost none the next day on Cotton light, cause I was exhausted.

 

Who knows. 1f615.png

 

I took a very long break between Demon Boy and Zombie Boy, because I just couldn't do it night after night. I definitely could of nabbed the platinum in three weeks time if I kept going but I ended up playing other games and this game I just kept putting further back on the backlog.

 

I don't know if I will ever go back to this game after I get the platinum, maybe.

 

1 hour ago, lilpain97 said:

Depends if the game is fair. So far I only got extremely pissed at IaB ( Hence the year break ) Trials I was annoyed at Redlynx to the sword then just thought its my fault so no point in getting pissed. 

 

Games like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Dead Space 2, Vanquish and the such I will do at some point. But stuff like I Am Bread, Cloudberry Kingdom and obviously Crypt of the Necrodancer to me would feel a lot more painful and migraine inducing than they would be rewarding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the Golden God trophy so i can be done with it, fuck this game, hardest trophy i have ever earned. Took me years of frustrating pauses before i finally decided to get it this time for good. Now i have everything except the ironman trophies, which i will not even try to get further than hospital maybe because i am not born to do it and no amount of dedication and practice would ever result in me getting impossible boy or zombie boy. I tip my hat to anyone who endures unfair crap like the hell launchers or gravitiy orbs for no death runs. To anyone still clawing and going after Golden God here is a good message, you don't have to pass every level or get every bandage to get it, i never managed to pass the dark 7-13 Bleach or dark 7-19 XOXO (and i probably never would have) and i missed at least 4-5 bandages from the Rapture dark worlds.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now