Hardest Platinum To Date

TigressLion

Not even going by earned percentages, the game is much harder. Meat Boy is always the same, you can memorize level layouts and practice until you can do everything in one go without dying. Necrodancer you can't do this, since all the levels are randomly generated each time. There are also a couple trophies (Coda, low percent all characters) which are extremely difficult due to the restrictions associated with them. 

Yep, this game is harder than SMB. Way harder. Crypt of the NecroDancer is on an entirely different level. The kind that you might have to dedicate a year to do some of these trophies. I only found one video of someone doing all char low%. The amount of people who have done this is exceedingly low. I guess I'll try to plat this game, but it's going to take a long time.

Yep, this game is harder than SMB. Way harder. Crypt of the NecroDancer is on an entirely different level. The kind that you might have to dedicate a year to do some of these trophies. I only found one video of someone doing all char low%. The amount of people who have done this is exceedingly low. I guess I'll try to plat this game, but it's going to take a long time.

I'm pretty sure there's only one or two people who have 100%ed the steam version, with the one of them being the guy who did the 15 minute Koda run for AGDQ. I'd be surprised if anyone earned this plat within the year unless it's those two people playing the game again. 

• Like 1

If it wasn't for a glitch in Legasista, I'd say that is one of the hardest games to get the platinum for. I can't really see people doing it legit. It'd take hundreds, if not thousands of hours and be a clear 10/10. Randomly generated floors, very hard enemies in later floors, extremely slow leveling after a certain level (so slow you can just forget about it making any kind of difference), extremely high level opponents in later floors (your "natural cap" is at 100, theirs goes to the thousands), literally hundreds of floors you gotta do in one sit without dying and you don't necessarily have the items required to get to some of the upper dungeons unless you get lucky and have skills (you won't know if you got lucky enough before after like 100 floors), extremely difficult, complex and luck based way to improve items and weapons etc etc etc.... Beating the main portion of the game is "easy enough", and there's ONE trophy for that which is at 17% atm. There is one other "easy enough" trophy, which is to beat a certain very low "baby" dungeon which is at 17%. The rest of the game with a trophy is all under 4%, mostly around and less than 3%.... 

Edited by MMDE

I'm pretty sure there's only one or two people who have 100%ed the steam version, with the one of them being the guy who did the 15 minute Koda run for AGDQ. I'd be surprised if anyone earned this plat within the year unless it's those two people playing the game again. 

This game will surely test my limits of patience. Is it possible to use a keyboard for the PS4? I don't think I want to try doing a Koda run with a controller. 

If it wasn't for a glitch in Legasista, I'd say that is one of the hardest games to get the platinum for. I can't really see people doing it legit. It'd take hundreds, if not thousands of hours and be a clear 10/10. Randomly generated floors, very hard enemies in later floors, extremely slow leveling after a certain level (so slow you can just forget about it making any kind of difference), extremely high level opponents in later floors (your "natural cap" is at 100, theirs goes to the thousands), literally hundreds of floors you gotta do in one sit without dying and you don't necessarily have the items required to get to some of the upper dungeons unless you get lucky and have skills (you won't know if you got lucky enough before after like 100 floors), extremely difficult, complex and luck based way to improve items and weapons etc etc etc.... Beating the main portion of the game is "easy enough", and there's ONE trophy for that which is at 17% atm. There is one other "easy enough" trophy, which is to beat a certain very low "baby" dungeon which is at 17%. The rest of the game with a trophy is all under 4%, mostly around and less than 3%.... 

That game sits at ~3% rarity. Games in the 1-3% range aren't too bad. Crypt of the Necrodancer is really on a whole different level than anything I've ever played. It's also luck based as to what items you get. Just look at this:

You can't miss a beat and you can't pick up any gold at all.

This game will surely test my limits of patience. Is it possible to use a keyboard for the PS4? I don't think I want to try doing a Koda run with a controller. 

You can yes, but the game has to be specifically set up to allow you to use it (like FF14)

That game sits at ~3% rarity. Games in the 1-3% range aren't too bad. Crypt of the Necrodancer is really on a whole different level than anything I've ever played. It's also luck based as to what items you get. Just look at this:

You can't miss a beat and you can't pick up any gold at all.

You miss one crucial point of what I said, if it wasn't for a glitch. If it wasn't for the glitch, it certainly would have been closer to 0%, if not 0%.

I've actually got the platinum... and I'm telling you, there is absolutely no way I would have got it even if I spent literally thousands of hours on it if it wasn't for that glitch. Even with the glitch, most trophies took like many, many hours per sit. In fact, I had to take advantage of two glitches.

Edited by MMDE

That's generally the case for a lot of games with small percentages.

Anyway, here's a video of someone doing the hardest trophy. I think they do it legit:

I think it's mostly about equipment and I think he would die from a single hit from certain enemies in the later floors of the dungeon.

Edited by MMDE

Not even, at least NGS2 is plattable

Check out the vita version, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +. That game is literally impossible due to it's difficulty.

lol you are joking right? The reason it is impossible is because there is no co-op on the vita version yet the trophy is still there ahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Once again we have another harder platinum, Street fighter V lmao

How is Street Fighter V harder? It just came out and most of the trophies have been earned. It looks more like a grind than anything (win 300 matches, etc). Hard, but I would say that NecroDancer really earns the hardest plat so far. It was painful going for the 10 wins in a row trophy to die after the 9th run. Just was a bit tired and got boxed in on zone 2. Oh well, at least I got the Aria run finished today.

Edited by Beatmania2dxs

Not even, at least NGS2 is plattable

Check out the vita version, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +. That game is literally impossible due to it's difficulty.

The Problem Here Is The Challenge You Have To Do It With AL Partner That Will Make Your Life Hell

Edited by dark69knight

How is Street Fighter V harder? It just came out and most of the trophies have been earned. It looks more like a grind than anything (win 300 matches, etc). Hard, but I would say that NecroDancer really earns the hardest plat so far. It was painful going for the 10 wins in a row trophy to die after the 9th run. Just was a bit tired and got boxed in on zone 2. Oh well, at least I got the Aria run finished today.

The Golden league trophy. You have to put your skills against other players online to reach a gold rank. Only possible in ranked matches, now way to boost it.

You have to get 4000LP. A win will give you 20-60 points depnding if your opponent is higher ranked than you or lower. Same with losing a match, you will lose LP. The lower ranked your opponent is the higher the losing points will be. 

Consider its a fighting game you need skills. And Street fighter has the biggest fighting community. This trophy will actually become harder since people will adept more and more.

And Capcom will soon update the game so rage quitters will get punished. 

That´s why i consider this the hardest platinum, Cause you are going up against other players for the same thing. And occasionally you will fight against real life pro players.  There is no A.I that stands still to practice or that stuff. 

The Golden league trophy. You have to put your skills against other players online to reach a gold rank. Only possible in ranked matches, now way to boost it.

You have to get 4000LP. A win will give you 20-60 points depnding if your opponent is higher ranked than you or lower. Same with losing a match, you will lose LP. The lower ranked your opponent is the higher the losing points will be. 

Consider its a fighting game you need skills. And Street fighter has the biggest fighting community. This trophy will actually become harder since people will adept more and more.

And Capcom will soon update the game so rage quitters will get punished. 

That´s why i consider this the hardest platinum, Cause you are going up against other players for the same thing. And occasionally you will fight against real life pro players.  There is no A.I that stands still to practice or that stuff. 

Eh, in my experience this is just like any other fighting game trophy requirement. For example, getting 10 wins in a row in Mortal Kombat online, or getting to a high rank in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It's not necessarily easy to do (which is in part why those games have low rarity percentages), but it doesn't make it the hardest. You have to win 300 matches anyway, so you will build a lot of skill just by doing that grind. There's no practice mode in SF5? There has to be. 

I feel mixed about Necrodancer. You have to get good enough that the game seems easy, but the learning curve is steep. I think what makes Necrodancer the hardest is the all characters low% run and Coda. I think that Japanese guy that's #1 on the leader boards has been trying the Coda run for a few weeks now and he still hasn't achieved it yet. It's doable, since there's a guy who did 3 wins in a row with Coda on the PC, but it takes a ton of practice. Some people did SMB in a week or so, but it will probably take the majority of people 1-2 months to platinum this game and there's nothing grindy about it (most runs can be done within 10-20 minutes), so it's pure skill. 

Then there's deathless mode...I was 5 hours into that with 9 wins and the dumbest shit killed me. I wasn't even mad, I just laughed. You have to be pretty vigilant when playing because there are unexpected ways to die, especially when you start getting overwhelmed when enemies swarm in to butt rape you dry.

One little trick that makes this game easier, however, is doing cross-buy/cross-save with PS4 and Vita. You're doing a low% Aria run and you made it to the Golden Lute? Better practice it for 10 minutes on your PS Vita on boss practice mode before going for the real thing on the PS4. Haven't taken advantage of that yet, since the Lute is pretty easy to kill, but I definitely will on harder runs.

Eh, in my experience this is just like any other fighting game trophy requirement. For example, getting 10 wins in a row in Mortal Kombat online, or getting to a high rank in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It's not necessarily easy to do (which is in part why those games have low rarity percentages), but it doesn't make it the hardest. You have to win 300 matches anyway, so you will build a lot of skill just by doing that grind. There's no practice mode in SF5? There has to be. 

MKX 90% used the usb trick. In UMVC3 people boosted it. In SFV you can´t do neither. 

MKX 90% used the usb trick. In UMVC3 people boosted it. In SFV you can´t do neither. 

Eh, well I did both legit and it really wasn't that hard. The difference in difficulty between Necrodancer and SF5 is already clear. SF5 was released not even a week ago and a handful have almost platt'd it. NecroDancer has been out for a month in some regions and still hasn't been done. I'm not going to sit here and argue which is the hardest plat, but there's a reason why the harder trophies on Necrodancer sit at 0.1% completed on Steam achievements. For reference, 0.8% completed all the Super Meat Boy trophies. As someone who has played fighting games and NecroDancer, I can easily say that Necrodancer is way harder. 

Eh, well I did both legit and it really wasn't that hard. The difference in difficulty between Necrodancer and SF5 is already clear. SF5 was released not even a week ago and a handful have almost platt'd it. NecroDancer has been out for a month in some regions and still hasn't been done. I'm not going to sit here and argue which is the hardest plat, but there's a reason why the harder trophies on Necrodancer sit at 0.1% completed on Steam achievements. For reference, 0.8% completed all the Super Meat Boy trophies. As someone who has played fighting games and NecroDancer, I can easily say that Necrodancer is way harder. 

It"s hardly comparable, Meat boy released on 2010 and Cotn on 2015 on Steam, in 5 years maybe Cotn will be at 0,10%, nobody can say, also there a bunch of pc players who already knows Meat boy perfectly, 5 years of potential trainings, learning the betters ways, make a lot of videos-guide, that help a lot, and there are many other factors possible (Like the number of game Owners = ps+ release (Meat boy) or not = more potential plats)...  You can't compare games like many psnprofil users are accustomed to do, it depend on too many things.

• Like 1

Then there's deathless mode...I was 5 hours into that with 9 wins and the dumbest shit killed me. I wasn't even mad, I just laughed. You have to be pretty vigilant when playing because there are unexpected ways to die, especially when you start getting overwhelmed when enemies swarm in to butt rape you dry.

Fuck sakes 5 hours? That's ridiculous xD

I wouldn't really call either of those difficult. Star Ocean 4 specifically is just time consuming, not difficult by any means.

Keep in mind not everyone has the dedication, menta fortitude, etc to put hundreds of hours in games.  That can be difficult for some.

That's true, but if you're competent in fighting games (most folks on the trophy sites aren't) then you'll be OK in SFV.  It'll just take awhile and Capcom to do something about these quitting bums -_-

Edited by grimydawg

I wouldn't really call either of those difficult. Star Ocean 4 specifically is just time consuming, not difficult by any means.

O_o You must be really good at those kind of games then. Star Ocean 4 has a 9.5/10 trophy difficulty rating from the guide I went by. I say FF13 is pretty hard mainly because of the trophy which makes you need to see every single item in the game, with no in game checklist this is extremely annoying to do and not even worth it in my opinion.