Hardest Platinum To Date

TigressLion

Is there a trophy for getting all a grade?

Also allows cross-save with PS4/Vita for those unaware.

You need A+ all light to unlock dark, but that's it. Only 1 list for both systems though.

Besides the fact that no one has obtained the plat, you can save and/or have a rest between worlds (if I'm correctly informed cuz I don't have the game).

You can't do that. You can, of course, pause the game and do something else and return later, but closing the game resets your progress on non-dying trophies.

I really don't think Super Meat Boy is one of the hardest platinums.

With looking at guides of people who got through the worlds without dying and enough practice, it's doable.

Look the quote:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TunnelingEffect

There's my steam profile page, as you can see I've played 400+ hours and never got all the achievements.

400 hours of practice weren't enough. You can platinum both games you mentioned in way less than that. Don't understimate this game, it will easily be lower percentage than both games you mentioned.

400 hours of practice weren't enough. You can platinum both games you mentioned in way less than that. Don't understimate this game, it will easily be lower percentage than both games you mentioned.

Well shit lol. Respect to anyone who gets this or any of those platinums mentioned anyway.

You can't do that. You can, of course, pause the game and do something else and return later, but closing the game resets your progress on non-dying trophies.

Look the quote:

Oh ok, then this plat could easily arrive at the hardest ones then.

It all depends on how adept you are or become at this genre. I've heard some people took 1000+ hours to master R4 whereas others merely took 100. It's all subjective. Varies from person to person.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

No way. Plenty of music games put that to shame.

However, the ridiculous Raiden IV might take the cake. 

it will easily be lower percentage than both games you mentioned.

Probably, but it was given out for free. That makes a big difference.

"Hardest platinum to date" - Maybe for PS4, but i don't know every games so ... I think this plat is for sure in the top 3 hardest on PS4.

The last world is just too crazy (and i'm talking about the normal mode, not the dark one).

People who want to attempt this platinum will need several months and a good determination.

I get the feeling that people aren't really getting just how insane doing the dark worlds without dying is.

I've played games like Gran Turismo 5. Super Meat Boy is harder. Period. The only other game with comparable difficulty that I can think of is Cloudberry Kingdom (but that game didn't have a plat): only one person ever got 100% on it.

• Like 3

Chariot and Giana Sisters Uberhardcore are way harder than this.

Didn't play Chariot but Giana Sisters is far more easy than Meat Boy. Don't get me wrong Giana Sisters is hard but Meat Boy, as I sad, is just way harder.

I really like good and hard platformer and I love to have 100% of a game but this Plat? I don't think so. Even with houndreds of hours of practice, death waits at every corner by the slighest mistake. Not made for me, at least not for 20 levels in a row - greets from the dark worlds. My goal is at least to make 2 Worlds without dying.... and I know I will dy by the last level needed and get mad and furios :D

Edited by Nadinchen211
  • Like 1

Oddly enough, I actually want to play this. I am watching a friend of mine play through it at the moment, and I just adore the soundtrack. This will destroy my percentage, but I cannot pass this up!

Not even, at least NGS2 is plattable

Check out the vita version, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +. That game is literally impossible due to it's difficulty.

It's impossible due to two online trophies, which the vita version does not have. Master Ninja is actually not that bad if go into it prepared.

Honestly, slapping a "most difficult" label on anything is generally a bad idea. Nobody is going to agree on the same thing. I think everyone can accept that Super Meat Boy is not easy, above average, or hard even by normal standards. It's extreme, a good word to describe it and similar trophy lists / games, in my opinion.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TunnelingEffect

There's my steam profile page, as you can see I've played 400+ hours and never got all the achievements. I take a lot of pride in the fact I even got the "majority" of them. It takes a special type of dedicated to go for the hardest no-death run trophies. I didn't link this just to brag, but to bring some perspective into the thread. There's a massive time investment going on, and even then, it doesn't guarantee shit. This is the type of game you can be the best at, and still totally suck complete ass and fail constantly.

Zombie Boy

Impossible Boy

Girl Boy

Demon Boy

These are the true, 4 platinum killers. Everything else is do-able with enough practice. These level sets are different in my opinion, another tier of gameplay.

Happy someone that's actually good at the game come in and share his thoughts, and a dustforce player to boot! Honestly If the 360 version had this list, I probably would've 100% it back then. But it's been a long time and there's just some rust you can never shake off and you'll just have to relearn it just as before. At least you're smart enough to see that hell is the place where you can get stopped in your tracks quick. I would have blood clot and missile boy by now but I never learned missile behavior well enough and I'm just too impatient for Hospital. My endurance at the moment is too low too, it goes from 'can i survive' to 'can i survive long enough without making a stupid mistake'. Also didn't help that I did everything so far with just meat boy, didn't know that other characters counted so now I'm trying to learn the kid. I literally never used any character other than meatboy as I viewed all the others as crutches or shameful, guess the gloves have to come off now.

I do wish I got into dustforce though, I don't know why I endured meat boy but I just say fuck it for dustforce even though I really appreciate the game. 

Edited by BHK3
  • Like 3

Happy someone that's actually good at the game come in and share his thoughts, and a dustforce player to boot! Honestly If the 360 version had this list, I probably would've 100% it back then. But it's been a long time and there's just some rust you can never shake off and you'll just have to relearn it just as before. At least you're smart enough to see that hell is the place where you can get stopped in your tracks quick. I would have blood clot and missile boy by now but I never learned missile behavior well enough and I'm just too impatient for Hospital. My endurance at the moment is too low too, it goes from 'can i survive' to 'can i survive long enough without making a stupid mistake'. Also didn't help that I did everything so far with just meat boy, didn't know that other characters counted so now I'm trying to learn the kid. I literally never used any character other than meatboy as I viewed all the others as crutches or shameful, guess the gloves have to come off now.

I do wish I got into dustforce though, I don't know why I endured meat boy but I just say fuck it for dustforce even though I really appreciate the game. 

I'm in the same boat, bud. I'm a shell of my former self when it comes to Super Meat Boy. 4 1/2 years of rust is crippling and I just get mad at myself for not being as good as I used to be.

On the topic of Dustforce, it's a different type of monster. Two very different styles of platformer, dustforces levels are also generally 5-6x meat boys average length. Really, really fun once you get into it though. All about the 'flow' with this game. That community is small but extremely dedicated.

As for the topic, platinum has been officially obtained. (not by me, the guy i linked earlier in the thread)

Edited by FearForDignity
  • Like 2

BTW one guy already got the platinum on it.

Thanks for the update -- hadn't looked at it since April of this year. I'm amazed that 3 more people got it since then, seeing as the first one took almost a year.

It's because this game was given for free with PS plus and alot of people had the opportunity to try it and somehow 3 of them managed to get the 100% ;D Edited by Winston

Hail SanaitoDecemNoc for the first SMB platinum! I personally thought that GrannyTranny was going to be number 1 but he got the first. I wish I had more time to hunt for trophies :P

Where did you give up ;) ?

On the topic of Dustforce, it's a different type of monster. Two very different styles of platformer, dustforces levels are also generally 5-6x meat boys average length. Really, really fun once you get into it though. All about the 'flow' with this game. That community is small but extremely dedicated.

Yes, and in super meat boy you can take the time to clear levels, in Dustforce you need to do it quickly before the combo runs out.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

Didn't play Chariot but Giana Sisters is far more easy than Meat Boy. Don't get me wrong Giana Sisters is hard but Meat Boy, as I sad, is just way harder.

I really like good and hard platformer and I love to have 100% of a game but this Plat? I don't think so. Even with houndreds of hours of practice, death waits at every corner by the slighest mistake. Not made for me, at least not for 20 levels in a row - greets from the dark worlds. My goal is at least to make 2 Worlds without dying.... and I know I will dy by the last level needed and get mad and furios :D

im Not Talking about the ps4 trophies of giana sisters, i completed the game on uber hardcore which means all Level in a row with only 1 life.If You die once You start at Level 1. The devs took that Trophy out,only on pc it exist. This game abd chariot are way harder than smb.

Oddly enough, I actually want to play this. I am watching a friend of mine play through it at the moment, and I just adore the soundtrack. This will destroy my percentage, but I cannot pass this up!

It's impossible due to two online trophies, which the vita version does not have. Master Ninja is actually not that bad if go into it prepared.

They're no longer online trophies, they are co-op trophies but you are forced to use an AI co-op partner since the game has no Ad-Hoc functionality.

I'm in the same boat, bud. I'm a shell of my former self when it comes to Super Meat Boy. 4 1/2 years of rust is crippling and I just get mad at myself for not being as good as I used to be.

That's my issue with dustforce, I can really feel how bad I am in that and I just can't get the hang of the flow. 

Where did you give up ;) ?

Yes, and in super meat boy you can take the time to clear levels, in Dustforce you need to do it quickly before the combo runs out.

Don't remember when, think the world after the city trash world or somewhere during that. 

UGH these freakin' fans and missles are killing me...gonna be a while before I no death these things. I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS I KNOW I AM BUT THE SKILL JUST WON'T COME OUT  :(

• Like 1