What kinds of Podcasts are you guys into?

dobber91085

I have a weekly gamer/ pop culture podcast that I do with one of my friends. It's doing relatively well, especially with us really just doing it for fun. Now, however, we're starting to take it more seriously, so I was wondering what kinds of podcasts you guys like listening to? Here's a link to the latest episode, for anyone who wanted to check it out.

https://soundcloud.com/lordsofthepolygontable/episode-21-star-wars-and-weirdly-hot-costumes

What the hell is a podcast anyway?  :huh:  I know i'm dumb and heard about it before but never really find out the meaning.

Don't know if you're kidding, but a podcast is basically when two or more people talk and discuss about whatever they want (example: games; movies; music;...) for 40 minutes to 2 hours (normally).

• Like 1

Don't know if you're kidding, but a podcast is basically when two or more people talk and discuss about whatever they want (example: games; movies; music;...) for 40 minutes to 2 hours (normally).

That's basically it. It's an audio show that you can download (generally) for free. They can range anywhere from 3 minutes to 3 hours. There's all kinds. Some radio stations also make their shows free to download in podcast form. In Portugal, for example, I never listen to Nuno Markl's "O Homem Que Mordeu O Cão" live, but I have listened to all episodes in podcast form. Give them a try and listen to some, podcasting can be amazing. It's perfect to keep you entertained during long walks/trips.

Regarding the OP's original question, I listen to a few, mostly Portuguese radio comedy shows. As a massive Dragon Ball fan, I also frequently listen to Kanzenshuu's podcast. I do listen to some other podcasts every now and then, but only when the topic in that episode particularly interests me. I find many podcasts are extremely amateurish and don't try particularly hard to make the listener engrossed in the conversation. It is pretty awesome when you find a good one, though.

• Like 1

Oh, lot's of them, here's some of mine related to gaming:

• Official PlayStation Blogcast
  • PS I Love You XOXO
  • Kinda Funny Gamescast
  • DLB-Network Gaming Podcast
  • Rooster Teeth Podcast
  • Podcast Beyond (Now that Colin & Greg left and made "PS I Love You XOXO", I listen to this less often, lol)
  • Like 2

I was really serious. I didnt knew what a podcast really was and i saw even some  :unsure: . Thanks for the help  :D

• Like 2

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate all the feedback. Some of these I've heard or at least heard of. Others are new to me, so thanks for the suggestions. Like I said, I'm really trying to get more serious with this over the last few weeks. Ours started as a gaming podcast but we've kind broadened our scope a bit. We've been celebrating "Halloween month" during October, because we're both really into this time of year. Anyway, would any of you guys mind checking out an episode or two of my show and let me know what you think? What you like, don't like, etc? I'd really appreciate any and all feedback from you guys. From my experience, there aren't a lot of trolls on here so I feel comfortable asking.  Show is called Lords of the Polygon Table.  I'll give you guys all shout outs on the show for helping us make it better.

Podcast are great when grinding trophies :D

My favourite podcasst that I listen to every day/week:

Collider Jedi Council - Star Wars podcast

Collider Movie Talks - Movie talk for movie fans :P

PS I Love You XOXO - I listened to Beyond when Colin and Greg were there, now thankfully they made their own podcast.

Critical Role - I don't know if you could call it a podcast, but since it's a three hour D&D session and you listen to the story, I'm gonna say it is :P

• 1 year later...

Critical Role on Geek and Sundry's Twitch. They also have all past episodes on YouTube as well.

It's a 3-4 hour D&D session played by voice actors we hear in the games we play.

Matt Mercer as the DM, Travis Willingham as Grog, Laura Bailey as Vex'ahlia, Liam O'brian as Vax'ildan, Marisha Ray as Keyleth, Taliesin Jaffe as Percy, Ashley Johnson as Pike and Sam Riegel as Scanlan. There was another member in the beginning, but he's left. Orion Ocaba as Tiberius Stormwind.

Here's a good way to show you how the show is. Warning though, a few spoilers.

Edited by kittygirl2010