Project Platinum Subforum

Could say the same about We Plays :P

I know youre joking, but as people wont take that as a joke.

My threads are only running 3 or so at a time, its hardly flooding the forum. Besides the plat threads will be getting regularly bumped possibly knocking current events off the first page.

Could say the same about We Plays :P

Take the We Plays out and the community tab pretty much dies. There is the pier solar, plat rain, plat racers and a few lotteries, but that is it.

Unlike PP threads, we plays dies after a certain ammount of time, when people are done with the game, so it's irrelevant that they get 'lost' on other pages of the subforum.

• Like 2

I know youre joking, but as people wont take that as a joke.

My threads are only running 3 or so at a time, its hardly flooding the forum. Besides the plat threads will be getting regularly bumped possibly knocking current events off the first page.

Tbh I was only half joking, and I wasn't referring to yours only but all the others too.

Personally I think it should all stay as Community Events but meh

Drop it in a subforum identical to how Announcements, Member Interviews and Forum games are organized, but keep it under community so community doesnt die.

While I'm around that wont happen, besides even without me theres a ton of events running.

Tbh I was only half joking, and I wasn't referring to yours only but all the others too.

Personally I think it should all stay as Community Events but meh

I was away for a little while when the majority of the threads came up if I decided to post for an update in each of the plat threads I would knock current events off the first page. That could potentially happen each time a new member signs up and checks out that section.

If you think i'm being biased Id be more than happy for a current event section which houses live events but that will be way more work for the mods as they will have to constantly move topics as they die or end.

While I'm around that wont happen, besides even without me theres a ton of events running.

I was away for a little while when the majority of the threads came up if I decided to post for an update in each of the plat threads I would knock current events off the first page. That could potentially happen each time a new member signs up and checks out that section.

If you think i'm being biased Id be more than happy for a current event section which houses live events but that will be way more work for the mods as they will have to constantly move topics as they die or end.

I'm not saying you're biased, but that live events thing would be a good idea but as you said, likely too much work on the mods part

I kind of agree with you buu. Not for the fact that we plays gets bumped, but the fact that the amount of project platinums are getting huge. It'd be extremely difficult to find a particular one without the search function. Plus, it'll stop people from making constant threads (as the main pp has strict rules).

• Like 1

I kind of agree with you buu. Not for the fact that we plays gets bumped, but the fact that the amount of project platinums are getting huge. It'd be extremely difficult to find a particular one without the search function. Plus, it'll stop people from making constant threads (as the main pp has strict rules).

Thats actually a really good point so thanks for posting that.

Honestly, I don't think the event forum is crowded enough to warrant another sub-forum, and we can't just go asking for another sub-forum for every event that takes off. Especially right after the events start. We don't know how long these PP threads will last, if all of them will be popular, and how long each thread will be active. Here's an example, when trophy hunting leagues started popping up, people asked for a sub-forum. And now there's only 3 active ones. Making a sub-forum for a single type of event just isn't the best idea. The same thing could happen to PP. Right now everyone and their mom is making one and people are joining up, but if it gets to the point where only 2 or 3 of them are even active, or people lose interest all together, then it would just be a largely dead section of the forum. Which is never a good thing.

Putting the PP's in a Community sub forum, similar to the Off Topic's forum games, is a great idea.

Not to be "that guy" but, it's similar to what .org does with their platinum/100% clubs and that is an organized section of their site, considering the amount of threads made with the theme.

• 1 month later...

The main Project Platinum thread has been pinned which has all PP's linked. Fairly easy to keep track of all if you use that way. A new sub forum could be good though but not necessary.   

I think the problem isn't keeping track of the PP events, it's finding the other events running.

The best answer is most likely to split the forum into two, one half for "finite" events and one for "endless" events (better names needed!).  Basically the first would be for events that have a fixed end, e.g. we plays, platinum rain, trophy league seasons etc. and the other for events that will run until people loose interest (potentially years) e.g. PP and maybe the latest platinum/rarest platinum etc. threads.

• Like 3

I think it would be a good idea to make a seperate project platinum subforum as we are going to get a lot more of the topics and in time it will make it a lot harder to track current events for people just browsing the community forum.

I think it would be most suitable as a subforum for the trophy checklists, but just being a subforum in community events would suffice.

I already asked Sly about this a while ago, but according to him the current section suffices.

• 1 month later...

I actually thought about suggesting this.

Good thing I searched first. Hell, it even turns out that I already commented in this thread, too. :lol:

I guess that makes this more of a gratuitous bump then, really.

This idea makes 100% perfect sense and is supported by the entire community; it must be implemented.

• Like 1