What trophies are unlocked upon transfarring?

PolarPhantom

If there's a list somewhere of what unlocks and what doesn't when using a save (post-patch) from the PS3 version to the Vita, I would be very grateful. I also imagine there's an invisible checklist of what you've done in a particular save (necks broken, enemies stunned etc.) that only takes into account saves made after the patch.

Just doing a little research for a special milestone celebration I have planned...

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/5/2016 at 8:03 PM, Hunter_Gamma said:

If I get the platinum in the version of ps vita and make the transfer to the PS3 I won all the trophies?

Correct. Make sure you are signed in when you create your initial save though. Trophies will be disabled otherwise. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2017-08-16 at 2:28 AM, Paul said:

Correct. Make sure you are signed in when you create your initial save though. Trophies will be disabled otherwise. 

From what I've been told, VR Mission trophies do not carry over (would explain why the fastest achievers are at the 20 minute marks instead of less than 20 seconds).

4 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

From what I've been told, VR Mission trophies do not carry over (would explain why the fastest achievers are at the 20 minute marks instead of less than 20 seconds).

It does. If you created your save while signed in to PSN, then your VR Missions save carries over. I, myself, used Transfarring to pop Virtually Impossible.  

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Lots of users have reported some trophies not unlocking. Is it random?

EDIT: I mean, I get that whatever isn't in your save file will not trigger (for example if you get the platinum trophy for MGS3 in a single run you won't get the trophies that required you to reload to reset the kill count via transfarring). But many people seem to have an issue with getting Snake Tales and VR Missions to carry over. So then it's either a bug, or they're doing something wrong?

EDIT 2: Also, looking at your time stamps I'm wondering how you did it? You clearly beat the PS3 version first, but then all of the Vita trophies seem to have been unlocked the traditional way and not via transfarring (otherwise they would all have popped around the same time, no?).

Edited by Virdeborn
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 0:15 AM, Virdeborn said:

EDIT: I mean, I get that whatever isn't in your save file will not trigger (for example if you get the platinum trophy for MGS3 in a single run you won't get the trophies that required you to reload to reset the kill count via transfarring). But many people seem to have an issue with getting Snake Tales and VR Missions to carry over. So then it's either a bug, or they're doing something wrong?

EDIT 2: Also, looking at your time stamps I'm wondering how you did it? You clearly beat the PS3 version first, but then all of the Vita trophies seem to have been unlocked the traditional way and not via transfarring (otherwise they would all have popped around the same time, no?).

On 12/6/2017 at 7:03 PM, Paul said:

On 12/6/2017 at 0:15 AM, Virdeborn said:

EDIT 2: Also, looking at your time stamps I'm wondering how you did it? You clearly beat the PS3 version first, but then all of the Vita trophies seem to have been unlocked the traditional way and not via transfarring (otherwise they would all have popped around the same tim

Edited by Paul

• 5 months later...

Personally I got the platinum on VITA first, I made sure I was online when I created the initial save and I always made a point of using only one save slot for all my playthroughs whilst collecting the dog tags. When I transfarred my save over to PS3, literally every single trophy popped except the Boss Survival one. 

• 1 year later...
On 31/5/2018 at 9:02 AM, victorbattensby said:

Personally I got the platinum on VITA first, I made sure I was online when I created the initial save and I always made a point of using only one save slot for all my playthroughs whilst collecting the dog tags. When I transfarred my save over to PS3, literally every single trophy popped except the Boss Survival one. 

it also works if I want to play the game on ps3 and then transfer my save to the vita ?  or its just vita to ps3 ??

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on what I've read since yesterday, nothing's guaranteed. Some people have all trophies, others had to redo all the dog tag collection, sometimes it's just a few quick and easy trophies to redo. It looks unstable. However, the VR mission trophies should work, either directly when transferring the save, or by just redoing one mission and all 3 trophies pop.

It works @AJ_Radio ! Here's the method I used:

- Platinum the game on PS 3 with only 1 save file for the whole story, 1 save file for Snake Tales and 1 save file for the VR missions.

- On the PS3, go to the "Transfarring" menu and then the cloud option. Link all saves to the cloud. In my case, the story related save was already linked to the cloud but I had to link the two others (press R1 to switch between saves).

- On the Vita, go to the "Transfarring" menu and the cloud option. Connect to the PSN if needed by pressing triangle. At this moment, almost all trophies should pop.

I had to redo manually the following trophies:

:bronze: Love hurts: Watch Rose kill Raiden on a rooftop

:silver: Who Ya Gonna Call ? : Take a clear photograph of the ghost image in Hold No. 2

:bronze: Sexting : Send Otacon a picture of the marine with no pants

:bronze: Steamed : Kill 5 enemies with pipe steam

Et voilà! Enjoy.

Edited by walafc0
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd say it's easier on PS3, just the hold-ups in the VR missions are easier on Vita.

Man, I just tried the transfarring thing years after the fact, but my saves have been made way before I had internet on my console. Tried to be cheeky and load my old save and do a new one with activated PSN but it didn't work.

It sucks that I can't get the super rare Vita Plat because of something like this... Not sure if I'll go through all that again :/

• 2 months later...

I platinized the PS3 version first, when I transferred to PSVITA almost all trophies were unlocked except for:

- Down In Smoke

- Sexting

- Kissing Booth

- Snake Beater 

- Love Hurts 

- No Boss Of Mine

It should be noted that I had multiple Save Games in individual files and I transferred all of them separately and in each transfer I got different trophies.

4 hours ago, pablo_ivan_serpi said:

I platinized the PS3 version first, when I transferred to PSVITA almost all trophies were unlocked except for:

- Down In Smoke

- Sexting

- Kissing Booth

- Snake Beater 

- Love Hurts 

- No Boss Of Mine

It should be noted that I had multiple Save Games in individual files and I transferred all of them separately and in each transfer I got different trophies.

What about MGS3?

• 2 months later...

According to my profile here's the trophy list that did not auto-pop:

• Serenity now : call one healing radio frequency
  • Tune-in Tokyo : call every healing radio frequency
  • Tell me Where the Bomb is : CQC interrogate an enemy
  • Close Shave : QCQ slit an enemy's throat
  • Like He Just doesn't Care : CQC hold up an enemy
  • Mama Said : CQC slam a guard and knock him out
  • Problem Solved, Series Over : Create the Ocelot paradox
  • Snake Bit : Poison a guard
  • The Early End : Kill The End before the boss battle

Edited by walafc0
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, Paul said:

It does. If you created your save while signed in to PSN, then your VR Missions save carries over. I, myself, used Transfarring to pop Virtually Impossible.  

What if i forgot to connect with PSN (triangle in menu) but i was in my account on ps vita. Then i completed like 50 missions and then i press triangle for connect with psn? Can i transfer or need to do all again?

And can i transfer many times one save file?

Edited by PLATINUM_PERCENT