Bugs

Gildenmagier

You explore more by walking than by fast travel anyway. I'd rather they removed the option from the game.

I've explored the entire map and the walk from Sanctuary to Diamond City takes about 10 minutes. Fast travel is mandatory. If you have suggestions go open a topic for it. This is not the place for it. -_-

Edited by Rocketbean

I also have this problem. Just says not available from this location. I can sleep in the location so theres no enemies but i can't fast travel. This needs to be patched.

If you can sleep you are most likely inside? You can only fast travel when out in the open.

Speaking of bugs. I lost 3 of my companions today. Have been using Piper a lot (then sent her to Sanctuary), switched to Nick used him for a while (sent him to Sanctuary), then switched to Paladin Danse for the mission where you get in the chopper. After that mission Paladin Danse was gone, and no one is at Sanctuary (not even Dogmeat at first). Switched to Cait for a couple of missions, then I found Dogmeat in his doghouse at Sanctuary, but the other 3 are completely gone (have checked detective office and police station etc where they originated from). Hopefully I can get the "Lovable" trophy with a different one even though I have just started using them  :unsure:

If you can sleep you are most likely inside? You can only fast travel when out in the open.

Speaking of bugs. I lost 3 of my companions today. Have been using Piper a lot (then sent her to Sanctuary), switched to Nick used him for a while (sent him to Sanctuary), then switched to Paladin Danse for the mission where you get in the chopper. After that mission Paladin Danse was gone, and no one is at Sanctuary (not even Dogmeat at first). Switched to Cait for a couple of missions, then I found Dogmeat in his doghouse at Sanctuary, but the other 3 are completely gone (have checked detective office and police station etc where they originated from). Hopefully I can get the "Lovable" trophy with a different one even though I have just started using them  :unsure:

I know I'm not inside. this isn't my first rodeo. 

• Like 2

It's funny how people were complaining about Fallout 4's graphics and then all these memes pop up defending the graphics and saying that graphics don't matter, now we have people defending bugs in Fallout? lol, Seems like the super die hard Fallout fans can't criticise their beloved franchise whatsoever, even when there are reasons for doing so.

Anyways back to the Topic, I think it's good for open world Games to include the option to Fast Travel since if you don't want to explore then you can go where you need to and that's it. I'm sure patches are already being worked on for Fallout 4 right now and it won't surprise me if there's more bugs that we hear about over time.

• Like 1

It's funny how people were complaining about Fallout 4's graphics and then all these memes pop up defending the graphics and saying that graphics don't matter, now we have people defending bugs in Fallout? lol, Seems like the super die hard Fallout fans can't criticise their beloved franchise whatsoever, even when there are reasons for doing so.

At the end of the day, is it worth it, flaws and all? For me, the answer is yes. If it had amazing graphics and ran smoothly but was completely uninteresting, I wouldn't pick it up again. That being said, we should hold current gen aaa games to a certain standard.

I've only noticed a few bugs on this game. One bug in particular was when I was walking up near a water jug and it was purple but when I get closer it change to blue. And another one was when I was talking to Kellogg and for some reason he just stopped talking and It was just showing my characters face... It took about 10 min for it to go back to him talking. And one more was when sometimes I go into an elevator and its going up the game will freeze for about 5-10 seconds.

But either way if you push all the bugs aside I still really love the game and I would put it in my 2015 best game of the year list.

I may have found a solution to this problem. I lost my fast travel after coming back up from Listening post Bravo which is a few meter away from the national guard training center. Anyways i thought perhaps there was an enemy glitched there or something so i walked back there and went down in the elevator. Tried to fast travel to see what it said and it said "Fast travel is unavailable from this location." I then went back up stairs and stood on the helipad and tried it again and it worked. I fast traveled to a few locations and it seems to be working. I don't know if this will work for anybody else but i advise if this does work for you to save often after, and if you approach the place save before you go. Hope this helps.

Edited by bananayams

• 2 weeks later...

We should keep this updated. It seems a lot of people were never able to download the day 1 patch, including myself. And with a new patch coming out in the next week or so, lets keep updating this thread or atleast Bethesda, to get bugs (which this game has a lot of) fixed in the 3rd patch.