Shall I Get It?

Koori504

Well, Fallout 4 is Bethesda's new game that will definitely rock the world with how great it looks. I'm a huge fan of this company with how amazing their games are such as Dishonored (One of my favourite game of all time). However, i never did like Fallout: New Vegas since it was the only game in series that i played and it was slow and gloomy but i have a feeling that F4 will do much better so do you think it's worth getting the game?

Thank you.

Well, Fallout 4 is Bethesda's new game that will definitely rock the world with how great it looks. I'm a huge fan of this company with how amazing their games are such as Dishonored (One of my favourite game of all time). However, i never did like Fallout: New Vegas since it was the only game in series that i played and it was slow and gloomy but i have a feeling that F4 will do much better so do you think it's worth getting the game?

Thank you.

Had a professor in college for one of my philosophy classes. Handed out a timed test face down to everyone in the class.

When we all turned it over at the same time, it had one question: "Why?"

This is much like your Thread title and post. At the end of this exercise, just as there is only one correct answer for the test, there is only one correct answer to your post and only you can answer it.

• Like 1

This is the philosophy i take when it comes to choosing games. If I'm on the fence about a game, i just wait until it gets cheaper. Sometimes, I'll try and seak out some game play vids that don't include the opening to see if i might really want the game.

Waiting has other advantages than just a price drop. AAA titles are notoriously riddled with glitches. Wait for them to find the problems and patch it. Also, you may want to wait to see if there are DLC packs that come out. You may want to wait for a complete edition in that case.

There's no need to jump on the band wagon right away if you aren't totally hyped about a game.

• Like 2

If you want it, Target has a deal atm. Buy ANY 2 get games 1 free.  If you pick all the new 60$ games, it comes out to about 40$ a game. You can probably sell the other 2. OR keep everything! :D

It's basically Fallout 3 with a graphics tweak and better housing.

Bethesda are famed for releasing buggy messes of games, especially on consoles.

I would wait a few months at least until everything is patched and the overhype has died away.

If you're still not sure just wait for a complete edition or until you find a cheap copy.

I imagine now is when Bethesda are going to try charging for mods again too, so I would wait and keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

Just saw a video that sheds some light on the building aspect of the game and it looks awesome! This for me is a reason to buy the game. No need to play missions you don't like, just scavenge for materials whilst exploring freely and build your own little paradise in the wasteland  :D

• Like 1

Personally, this is my favorite Fallout game since Bethesda got the license. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas but on console they were riddled with bugs and the gameplay (in my opinion) didn't translate well to a controller so I played those two games on PC. Fallout 4 plays wonderfully on PS4, sure there are a few frame drops here and there but nothing that is bothersome and I've never had it happen during combat. The game has lost some RPG elements like weapons degrading but I personally think the game is for the better because of it. 

If you didn't like the previous Fallout games I think you can still find enjoyment from this title. The backstory with the vaults, war and all that is more interesting to me than the main quest line (thus far, at least) and there are plenty of terminals and other places to get information about what is happening and what has happened since the bombs dropped in 2077. The gameplay is much improved over 3 and NV, I enjoy the perk system more and the game looks much, much better as well. There is actually color and beauty in this world. 

Watch some gameplay and if you're still on the fence just wait for a price drop. I've yet to experience any bugs worth talking about (well, except one that took all the ammo for my favorite weapon) but if you wait to pick the game up I'm sure there will be patches that will fix and problems people have been having. 

Parker

• Like 1

Just a general FYI.. Bethesda did not make Fallout: NV it was made by Obsidian. As for the game.. Pick it up you won't be disappointed! Very fun

That completely slipped my mind. Same people went on to make South Park: The Stick of Truth, right? 

Parker

• Like 1

Had a professor in college for one of my philosophy classes. Handed out a timed test face down to everyone in the class.

When we all turned it over at the same time, it had one question: "Why?"

This is much like your Thread title and post. At the end of this exercise, just as there is only one correct answer for the test, there is only one correct answer to your post and only you can answer it.

Let me guess - highest grade went to the guy/gal with the big enough stones to answer "why not", get up, and leave?

The legend at my university was that a professor set the question "Is this a question?" to which someone responded "Yes, if this is an answer."

• Like 2

Let me guess - highest grade went to the guy/gal with the big enough stones to answer "why not", get up, and leave?

The legend at my university was that a professor set the question "Is this a question?" to which someone responded "Yes, if this is an answer."

My professor was the ones with the stones. If you answered "Why not?", you passed the test. If you didn't, you failed the test. 2/3 of the class didn't pass the test. The bitching that ensued was comical at first, but when you're taking "The history of modern philosophy" and the concept still flies over your head almost half way through the semester, it becomes pretty frustrating to those of us who understood why this test followed Descartes' Method of Doubt.