What do you feel when you plat a game and then BAM! DLC drop your % to 80% or even worse?

fresquinho

If I already have the platinum, annoyed. Odds are I've moved past that game, and the perfectionist in me wants that 100% back, but I'm probably burnt out on the game. This is why Day 1 DLC does not bother me that much. At least I get it in one wave and knew it was coming.

Mass Effect 3's DLC is already making me cringe for this reason.

Unless the trophies are hard, I don't see the reason to be pissed. I mean, if you have the platinum, isn't that enough?

Not really. It's about fully completing the game for me. Finishing all challenges, etc. The platinum is nice and shiny, but I like the 100% too to know I did it all.

It's the Paul Pheonix beating Ogre complex. I was the champ when I left the game. Now, Fallout: New Vegas is 53% complete. Son of a.... Not spending $40 just to play a few hours and build that back up.

Funny that even when perfectionist don't enjoy the game (or enjoy it) they will still buy the DLC to maintain their 100%. Geez I wonder if the developers use this ploy on purpose. Personally I could care less if I have a 100% or not, it's a arbitrary number that 99% of the world doesn't give a rats ass. If I enjoyed the game and I think the developers did a great job with the DLC, then by all means they get my money. Odds are my % will never get above 50% again so I guess I will just enjoy playing.

• Like 1

On just needs to look through my trophy list to find my answer to this question. Almost level 14 and only one platinum...

I really couldn't care less about my trophy percentage. I have so little free time as it is that I only play games for enjoyment and nothing else. If I start a game that I don't enjoy (Street Fighter 4) then I simply stop playing it and if I have a 0% on my trophy list then so be it.

Parker

• Like 4

I just wish some DLCs weren’t so expensive (Call of Duty); way overpriced IMO. However, I do buy DLCs to pick up the few extra trophies and maintain 100% but only a handful were actually worth it in terms of fun and extending gameplay. I still prefer games without DLCs.

If it drops down to like 50% or something, it bothers me alot but I know I'm not going to buy the DLC unless I really like the game. Otherwise, I don't really care. If it's like Battlefield 3 for example, I won't buy the DLC because I've already spent more than enough time in the game and I felt like I've done everything there is.

I wish that Sony handled DLC differently. I mean they could even have a whole new set of trophies titles, Fallout: DLC for example. It would only appear when you buy and start the DLC, like a normal game, and then your Platinum will always stay at 100%. It would be like the DLC was a PSN game, it just so happened to be tied into a full release game.

It used to bother me when I started going for 100% completion. Now, I have come to accept the fact that I will never get there (even though i'll continue trying). I'm usually behind the curve - and purchase the game after it's well established in the market - so I don't usually have the problem. It is irritating that in order to go for 100%, in may games these days, you must spend that extra $$ on the DLC :( So far, the only DLC that I didn't feel was enjoyable was the SP DLC for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The Animus sequences were my least favorite part of the core game and it was almost painful getting through the trophies for that DLC.

It doesn't matter to me because a lot of the time I don't get the game untill it drops in price and all the DLC is all ready out. So my game never sees the 100%

I rarely ever buy DLC anyways. As long as I get the plat that's what matters to me.

Took the words from my mouth on both points. Why pay more? Platinum is more important to me, but to each their own I guess.

The only time I get DLC is if it's cheap or discounted ($1-5) and for a game I actually care about. If not, I rarely ever bother if at all.

• Like 1

Took the words from my mouth on both points. Why pay more? Platinum is more important to me, but to each their own I guess.

The only time I get DLC is if it's cheap or discounted ($1-5) and for a game I actually care about. If not, I rarely ever bother if at all.

I did buy a couple of the cases for L.A.Noire and do plan on getting the other 2 of them. I have also bought a couple other but most of the time I am not.

As much as I love the Killzone games I haven't bought one dlc for them. Since they are MP dlc's they won't add anything to the main game for me.

So far, the only DLC that I didn't feel was enjoyable was the SP DLC for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The Animus sequences were my least favorite part of the core game and it was almost painful getting through the trophies for that DLC.

I didn’t enjoy this DLC either. I already disliked the Desmond Sequences. I couldn’t believe that I had just paid for more of the same. Where the heck is my body? Stupid first-person platformer. Oh well, got 100% now. AC: Brotherhood DLC was better; here’s hoping AC III will have a proper DLC (cause you know it’s gonna have DLC).

I wish that Sony handled DLC differently. I mean they could even have a whole new set of trophies titles, Fallout: DLC for example. It would only appear when you buy and start the DLC, like a normal game, and then your Platinum will always stay at 100%. It would be like the DLC was a PSN game, it just so happened to be tied into a full release game.

Yeah man your absolutely right i wish they do that! I don't see where's the problem in doing that.