The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I'm just amazed with all the predictions for Zayn to win the IC Title at Mania, when it's already predicted that he'll be murdered by Nakamura on Friday.

xD

Well that is what WWE does though :( They have you lose then give you a title.

I was actually thinking a horrible thought. Do you think that we are given matches like the 7 man ladder match instead of KO vs Sami and AJ vs Jericho 4 (so it isn't as special) because HHH is tired of losing the spotlight on his main event?

Think about it, the other 2 times HHH was in the main event (against Orton and Jericho) it was overshadowed by the Taker/Shawn match and the Rock/Hogan match. So maybe he thought "if we have those 2 incredible matches before mine, I won't get talked about as much"

I mean the US title just makes more sense to be in a 7 ladder match because Kalisto vs Ryback is going to suck (but a ladder could actually make it interesting) but for some reason Sami and Owens (a feud that has been built up for over a year) would steal the show.

I know that is a conspiracy theory...just came to me this morning

The multi-man matches are essentially to just provide a large payday for the mid-card guys, given that everyone participating in Mania gets most of their yearly funding from that single event.

Zayn finally makes his ascension to the main roster, but hadn't the time necessary to exact his revenge for his encounters with Owens, whom otherwise would be feuding with Styles.

Because of this, we're left with Styles/Jericho, simply because they provided entertaining matches in the past, and it's better than simply hoping that Styles vs a random would work at Mania.

I'm also pretty sure that Jericho will be off of TV for a while once Mania is over -- possibly to have him face Nakamura when they go back to Japan in July.

Another detail to remind people about that ladder match: Ryder is in it simply as a replacement for Neville, who's gonna be out for a few months with his ankle injury.

Wouldn't be too surprised if The Miz gets replaced as well, as fans are reporting a possible injury he suffered at the Madison Square Garden Live Event this past Friday against Jack Swagger.

Oh, and Harper is gonna be out 5-6 months with a torn ACL.

Well that is what WWE does though :( They have you lose then give you a title.

I was actually thinking a horrible thought. Do you think that we are given matches like the 7 man ladder match instead of KO vs Sami and AJ vs Jericho 4 (so it isn't as special) because HHH is tired of losing the spotlight on his main event?

Think about it, the other 2 times HHH was in the main event (against Orton and Jericho) it was overshadowed by the Taker/Shawn match and the Rock/Hogan match. So maybe he thought "if we have those 2 incredible matches before mine, I won't get talked about as much"

I mean the US title just makes more sense to be in a 7 ladder match because Kalisto vs Ryback is going to suck (but a ladder could actually make it interesting) but for some reason Sami and Owens (a feud that has been built up for over a year) would steal the show.

I know that is a conspiracy theory...just came to me this morning

Actually, according to some people, HHH was arguing with Vince about the main event. Vince wants HHH/Reigns to end the show, HHH wants Shane/Taker to end it. Apparently HHH says the bigger story is Shane/Taker. He knows the build to his match has been terrible. He also doesn't want the show to end in a chorus of boos when Reigns wins.

Plus, it's not like Brock/Dean, Shane/Taker, and the Divas Triple Threat won't overshadow the main event anyway. I think they're all well aware that most people don't care about Reigns/HHH.

My bet is, they have given up on Wrestlemania. So many injuries and so many plans not going the way they wanted. They'll go all in on Summerslam this year. It'll be bigger than Wrestlemania. We'll have Cena, Orton, Rollins, and Cesaro back. We'll probably have Enzo & Cass, Balor, and Bayley on the main roster before then too.

• Like 1

So what are the odds that Bayley is going to be the "unnamed Diva" on the "good guys" team for the 5v5 Divas match at Mania (i.e. Brie Bella's final match)?

Hopefully zero. They need to keep the NXT horsewomen away from the Total Divas garbage. It'll probably be Nikki. Maybe the final match for both Bellas.

I think Rollins is recovered or is semi recovered and will interfere with the main match, when Reigns is about to win Rollins will come out and HHH will do his pedigree and win. HHH will end up getting his cheers and retain the belt. Rollins on RAW will explain that he doesn't want "his" belt to ever go to Reigns. Seth will announce when and where he wants his belt back since its his and announce he'll fight whoever at SummerSlam to claim it back. So between WrestleMania and Summerslam, HHH, Reigns, Ambrose, Brock, or Bray will be fighing for the belt and Seth will be out until August.

Edited by Benfoxy83

I've just been reading a string of articles/rumours, and apparently Cesaro, Orton, and Bray should be ready to compete again next month. Also some rumours of something huge being planned for Bray, saying that the built-up feud between him and Lesnar is being pushed back, most likely to main event SummerSlam. I take rumours with a grain of salt, but I feel it has good possibility of happening. On a side note, a theory I'd like to spit out; what if The Dudley Boyz heel turn was to make way for a post-WM feud with Bullet/Balor club if they debut with Balor on Raw after WM?

Anyways, my WM32 predictions;

Reigns vs Triple H © for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship; Reigns. Hopefully turning heel but either way, still Reigns.

Shane vs Taker; Shane. I don't see Shane winning cleanly. Ugh, this match/angle as a whole feels rushed (but that's what happens when most of their top stars are injured). I'm gonna go with Shane, with Sting ultimately costing Taker the match in a huge way; you can't have Taker lose cleanly to a guy who hasn't been on the product for 7 years.

Ambrose vs Lesnar; Lesnar. The match will be great imo, both men can take a lot amount of damage. Ambrose will come insanely (you guys don't appreciate my puns :() close to winning though, but Lesnar will whip out his F-5 of destruction.

Jericho vs AJ; AJ. WWE pushed this angle into a corner where the only person who it would make sense for AJ to face would be Jericho.. again. Not too fussed though, should be a good, if not great, match.

New Day © vs Rusev and pals (stealing this derogatory term from Predrag as I love it) for the WWE Tag Team Championships; New Day. Hope this match has great spots to make up for the staleness of the League of Nations.

Sasha vs Becky vs Charlotte © for the Diva's Championship; Sasha. I'm hoping for an NXT-esque match from this, they can leave the typical diva's match to the latter one.

Kalisto © vs Ryback for the US Championship; Kalisto. I really feel as if they're trying to make Kalisto the next Rey Mysterio and a David v Goliath match is a positive direction for that, especially when they've been trying to make Ryback more intimidating recently. I also feel that Rey will return soon after he's done with his commitments with Lucha Underground and they'll either team up or feud then.

IC Championship 7-Man Ladder Match; torn between KO and Sami. Either way that one of them wins, a prolonging feud between them for the title is almost guaranteed. I also have huge hopes for this match. KO and Sami have had incredible spots with each other in their previous ladder matches together back in the indies.

Dudleyz vs Usos; Usos. Casual fans need their dose of cheers and happiness. Omg while thinking about this, how cool would it be if there was a spot where one of the Uso's went to do a splash from the top rope but Devon jumped onto the second rope, grabbed his legs and lifted him in a falling position where Bubba Ray turns into the 3D while they're falling

Team Bella vs Team Lana (aka The Total Diva's show); Team Bella. Casual fans and Total Diva viewees again need their dose of cheers and happiness.

Andre the Giant 3rd Annual Memorial Battle Royal; Strowman or Kane. Because of Bray's back injury and Harper's big injury, I feel as if that Strowman is going to be pulled from the match so that there is no "rogue" feeling of Strowman competing when no other Wyatt Family member is on the card. But if Strowman is in the match, then yeah, I see him winning as he was initially planned to be the fucking Undertaker's opponent xD

Hopefully zero. They need to keep the NXT horsewomen away from the Total Divas garbage. It'll probably be Nikki. Maybe the final match for both Bellas.

Nikki is still recovering from her surgery, she has to wear her neck brace part-time now and she posted on FB that she should be at full strength again in around 3 months. But it's not like any one actually cares about the behind-the-scenes of this match :P

So what are the odds that Bayley is going to be the "unnamed Diva" on the "good guys" team for the 5v5 Divas match at Mania (i.e. Brie Bella's final match)?

What an awful debut for her if she is :')

I think Rollins is recovered or is semi recovered and will interfere with the main match, when Reigns is about to win Rollins will come out and HHH will do his pedigree and win. HHH will end up getting his cheers and retain the belt. Rollins on RAW will explain that he doesn't want "his" belt to ever go to Reigns. Seth will announce when and where he wants his belt back since its his and announce he'll fight whoever at SummerSlam to claim it back. So between WrestleMania and Summerslam, HHH, Reigns, Ambrose, Brock, or Bray will be fighing for the belt and Seth will be out until August.

While not a bad idea just seems like a repeat of last year if WWE has Rollins interrupt the main event because people still don't like Reigns....

Looks like 0%.  They're putting miss "X-Pac heat" on the team.  Guess we'll see if a WM crowd can boo more viciously than an NXT crowd.

Eva Marie heel on NXT Face on Raw? Get it together WWE. Don't care about Eva but bringing Emma into this stupid match makes her loose credibility imo :/ The divas revolution simply meant bring the best nxt divas in and let them do their thing while all the others carry on being divas..... wasted potential in my opinion

I know this doesn't belong here but man, Lucha Underground's Aztec Warfare II was absolutely insane.  Try and check it out if you can.

I watched this the other night, it was great. Unfortunately, I don't have time to watch Lucha Underground more often (I work nights). But it's such a nice alternative for WWE. I hope they get some kind of deal with Netflix or something, or at least air reruns, so I can go back and watch from the beginning.

Pretty smart putting Eva Marie in Lana's first match.

Hopefully people will be distracted by how awful she is.

Gonna be the first Diva's match I skip in a long time.

I hope they get some kind of deal with Netflix or something, or at least air reruns, so I can go back and watch from the beginning.

When I spoke with PJ Black, he was mentioning that they've been in the middle of a huge deal with Netflix.
Let's hope that gets sorted soon.

So apparently Ryback vs. Kalisto has been moved to the pre show. Good news: We don't have to sit through that, and they may give more time to other matches (divas title match, please). Bad news: that's one less piss break during the show. Here's hoping the Total Divas clusterfuck is between Dean/Brock and Shane/Taker.

I know this doesn't belong here but man, Lucha Underground's Aztec Warfare II was absolutely insane.  Try and check it out if you can.

Loved Aztec Warfare! Makes me want to watch Lucha Underground regularly!

So apparently Ryback vs. Kalisto has been moved to the pre show. Good news: We don't have to sit through that, and they may give more time to other matches (divas title match, please). Bad news: that's one less piss break during the show. Here's hoping the Total Divas clusterfuck is between Dean/Brock and Shane/Taker.

Is the Battle Royale on the pre-show aswell? I personally would happily moved Uso's vs Dudleys to have the Battle Royale in the main thing

Is the Battle Royale on the pre-show aswell? I personally would happily moved Uso's vs Dudleys to have the Battle Royale in the main thing

Nevermind. Usos/Dudleys, Kalisto/Ryback, and Total Divas nonsense are now the pre show. Andre Battle Royal is on the main card. It was previously set to air live on USA Network 1 hour before Wrestlemania.

So we will have 7 matches in 4 hours. Sounds like we may get some good time for all of them, except maybe New Day/Team Rusev.

Nevermind. Usos/Dudleys, Kalisto/Ryback, and Total Divas nonsense are now the pre show. Andre Battle Royal is on the main card. It was previously set to air live on USA Network 1 hour before Wrestlemania.

So we will have 7 matches in 4 hours. Sounds like we may get some good time for all of them, except maybe New Day/Team Rusev.

I hate to admit it but I kind of wanted to watch the total divas match just to see if any part of it was enjoyable.....