The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Am I the only one who believes AJ Styles did a heel turn on last night's RAW?

Nope it was a total heel turn. And guess what... it's gonna be the exact same thing as Cena vs The Wyatts. Super Cena will decimate all three members of The Club single handed, and that will be the end of them. Does no one else see this other than me? The similarity between this and what happened between Cena and The Wyatts? It's bad news for AJ Styles, and The Club. Because you know Cena will come out on top, Vince would never allow anyone to go over on Cena. Not fairly anyways. 

So the future has to go through Cena? "The face that runs the place". Riiiight. Might I add on a side note, the future has to go through not Cena, but Vince's stubborn senility. I don't know why all those people were cheering last night, but it made me realize how idiotic most wrestling fans are. Keep that shit up. Seriously. Vince might start to believe that he has finally gotten Cena over with the fans and lay that WWE title back on his shoulder again. And then it's open up wide time again, incoming Cena garbage getting stuffed down your throat. 

If lucky the brand split will hit before Cena can do a number on Styles and "The Club".

There's a list going on ATM that leaks supposed Smack Down drafted talents.

AJ Styles/w The Club are on SD. Along with quite a few top NXT talents like Aries, Gargano, Tommaso, Balor.

Cj17F1AXAAAyPJc.jpg

Honestly that SD roster off the talent alone is looking like "it could be the better product".

Not saying this leak is true, but if soo...it could be a great thing for the company.

Bring back SD's credibility again, because there was a time when SD was the better show IMO.

Totally unexpected but awesome. Heel AJ is the best AJ imo.

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed that the two hottest babyfaces on the roster are heels because the two most hated talents are supposed to be babyfaces, but heel AJ killed it in Japan, and on Monday. He has so much more character, he's a far more natural talker as a heel.

Nope it was a total heel turn. And guess what... it's gonna be the exact same thing as Cena vs The Wyatts. Super Cena will decimate all three members of The Club single handed, and that will be the end of them. Does no one else see this other than me? The similarity between this and what happened between Cena and The Wyatts? It's bad news for AJ Styles, and The Club. Because you know Cena will come out on top, Vince would never allow anyone to go over on Cena. Not fairly anyways. 

So the future has to go through Cena? "The face that runs the place". Riiiight. Might I add on a side note, the future has to go through not Cena, but Vince's stubborn senility. I don't know why all those people were cheering last night, but it made me realize how idiotic most wrestling fans are. Keep that shit up. Seriously. Vince might start to believe that he has finally gotten Cena over with the fans and lay that WWE title back on his shoulder again. And then it's open up wide time again, incoming Cena garbage getting stuffed down your throat. 

I honestly think they might go 1-1, then have AJ win at Summerslam for the Smackdown title. Supposedly they have 'big plans' for him, and I could see Cena letting Styles go over. I'm cynical too, but without this turn, Anderson & Gallows were going to the midcard, and AJ was going to toil in whitemeat babyface obscurity. Now, The Club is staying in the main event. This seems to be the best possible option.

Brock Lesnar just signed to a fight at UFC 200. Apparently this was in his contract. He still has 2 years left on his WWE contract, and this is supposed to be a one fight deal. 

Curious as to why WWE would take this risk, especially this close to Summerslam. Unless Vince and Dana have some kind of deal worked out where WWE gets to use someone like Ronda for 1 match?

Brock Lesnar just signed to a fight at UFC 200. Apparently this was in his contract. He still has 2 years left on his WWE contract, and this is supposed to be a one fight deal. 

Curious as to why WWE would take this risk, especially this close to Summerslam. Unless Vince and Dana have some kind of deal worked out where WWE gets to use someone like Ronda for 1 match?

WWE better hope Lesnar doesn't lose though. I mean they have been protecting him for so long that if he loses it makes all their wrestlers look like crap.

WWE better hope Lesnar doesn't lose though. I mean they have been protecting him for so long that if he loses it makes all their wrestlers look like crap.

Honestly, it might be a win-win for them. If he wins, it makes them look good. If he loses, then they can use that to make him beatable in WWE. Start a storyline saying that he's not the beast he once was, and he can maybe start losing matches occasionally again.

Either way, this is good for WWE. Brock is still the biggest draw in UFC history. He's going to fight one more fight, but this time he's under a WWE contract. They can hype his appearance, promote the shit out of it, have a WWE24 special on the Network, and more.

Honestly, it might be a win-win for them. If he wins, it makes them look good. If he loses, then they can use that to make him beatable in WWE. Start a storyline saying that he's not the beast he once was, and he can maybe start losing matches occasionally again.

Either way, this is good for WWE. Brock is still the biggest draw in UFC history. He's going to fight one more fight, but this time he's under a WWE contract. They can hype his appearance, promote the shit out of it, have a WWE24 special on the Network, and more.

Maybe...but I think it is a bigger win for WWE if Brock wins...and wins decisively.

I wonder who is opponent will be? I know it will never happen (because of weight class) but Brock vs Punk would be a funny main event ^_^

Maybe...but I think it is a bigger win for WWE if Brock wins...and wins decisively.

I wonder who is opponent will be? I know it will never happen (because of weight class) but Brock vs Punk would be a funny main event ^_^

Hate to break it to ya but sources are saying it's against the GOAT,the legend, THE Last Emperor Fedor emelianenko in which case Brock is screwed.

Is it just me or is the US title irrelevant on anyone other than Cena? Honestly thinking they should put it on Miz and have him turn it into the TV title. It would fit his gimmick, give him something to do in the mid card and get major heat on him for trashing the US title. Oh and most importantly, it would get the IC title on someone worthy :P

Is it just me or is the US title irrelevant on anyone other than Cena?

It's not just you. If you go back through this thread, I've mentioned that a few times. WWE only made the US Title so important and prestigious because their golden boy had it. Once Cena dropped it, it fell back into the depths of irrelevancy.

It's not just you. If you go back through this thread, I've mentioned that a few times. WWE only made the US Title so important and prestigious because their golden boy had it. Once Cena dropped it, it fell back into the depths of irrelevancy.

The US title really just needs a good fued between some wrestlers to put it into the limelight. Kalisto was a decent champion, but they dropped the ball and put him into a quick fueds with Ryback and Del Rio and we all know how memorable those were. I'd love to see Samoa Joe with the US title, I think it would fit him perfectly

Anyway, when the brand extension hits, I believe that the US title and IC title will become the main exclusive championships of each brand (while the World Heavyweight Championship is multi-brand) and so I'd expect them to treat the US title better then :D

Edited by SkyesUnholy

"Welcome to WWE. If you are not John Cena or Roman Reigns, you are going to get the shovel." - Vincent Kennedy (if he was honest with his fans)

God, RAW was so fucking bad tonight, I could barely keep my eyes open, and that is not an exaggeration. This show was just garbage. I need to rant REALLY BAD right now. So here goes. Here is what was wrong with RAW tonight:

-Shane just got partial control of the company. "WHOOP! Time for a vacation". Seriously?

-Teddy Long. Why was Teddy Long there? The old geezer seems to have problems remembering his lines and being coherent. Seriously I could not understand his prescence tonight. Nobody wants him back.

-The matches. God awful. Every single one of them. Everything was terrible. 

-It does not matter how long you keep Roman off of TV WWE, the crowds will just boo him when he returns. 

-Nobody gives a F-U-C-K about Breezedango or whatever you're trying to do there. It's stupid and boring and nobody cares about it. Nobody cares about The Golden Truth either. Just drop it. The skits were funny when Goldust was stalking R-Truth, but everything went flat as soon as Golden Truth became a team finally. That's the real truth.

-Now Charlotte sort of takes back what she said to Ric? Uh...okay? That's not very heelish for someone who is currently a heel.

-Is Bray Wyatt gonna eventually do something or what? Oh right. Not until MITB. Riiiight...and what exactly kind of craptastic angle has WWE cooked up for Bray this time? Another one that further drains his credibility tank? Because that thing is nearing empty. One more dramatic Wyatt return that ends in him looking stupid and it's over for the Bray Wyatt character. 

-The Shining Stars...NO. They're not a thing. They will never be a thing. The one match they had against those two locals...it was so silent you could hear a mouse fart. Nobody cares about these assholes WWE. Drop it already. 

All in all, I believe this could be a cannidate for the worst RAW of 2016. Ugh. So fucking awful.

Some takeaways from HHH's media call (courtesy of Wrestling Inc):

- Nakamura will be a key player in the company.

- Andrade "Cien" Almas will be a big player

- "The End" has many meanings, which we'll learn tomorrow. It will definitely be the end of the Bálor/Joe feud.

- The Cruiserweight Classic begins at the end of the month, and will last ten weeks.

- He "thinks the NXT roster will look a lot different after the brand split."

- HHH is working on contracts for Bobby Roode & Eric Young, and looks forward to working with them.

- On Hideo Itami, "everyone heals differently", and he had some issues with mobility and scar tissue. They want to wait until he's 100% for his return, and nothing has changed regarding his thoughts on Itami as a performer.

- On doing a women's tournament like the CWC, he had been throwing out ideas about it, and "would like to do it if the timing is right." It's on the table, but a lot of things are on the table.

- He mentioned his reverence for Ali, and his impact on pro wrestling.

Just putting my Predctions down for tonights NXT Takeover plus as for every other Pay-Per-View / Special, I do drinking rules c:
Also if you have Snapchat, you can add me on there where I just post what's going on plus some reactions etc. @Kiddvirus53

Predictions:

- Andrade "Cien" Almas defeats Tye Dillinger in his debut - Not much to say here

- American Alpha defeat the The Revival to retain the NXT Tag Team Championships - I'm hoping Gargano & Ciampa come out after the match demanding a title shot. After all, they did defeat The Revival last week or so

Asuka defeats Nia Jax to retain the NXT Womens' Championship - Now I would be rooting for Nia as I'm starting to like her now, but I don't think she's going to take the title just yet. Even though, we haven't seen Asuka in any matches recently after winning the title besides defending it in house shows but still, in the end it doesn't bother me who wins as these two are really talented in the ring. I would say I want to see Bayley show up but we'll just have to see

Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Austin Aries - This'll be the match of the night by far. I'm still getting use to Aries after all he did put on quite a good match with Corbin back in Dallas Nakamura however is truly the guy who'll come out on top and step into the title picture

Samoa Joe defeats Finn Balor in a Steel Cage Match to retain the NXT Championship - Okay, so the one back in London (which I attended) was amazing. Dallas was just start and stop because of Joe being bloodied and the finish was just least expecting. Now for the third and final time we'll see this match, but this time in the first ever Steel Cage Match in NXT. As much as I love both guys, Balor will probably be in some Singles competitions all throughout the Summer until he gets called up to the main roster in my opinion and Joe could continue his reign perhaps all the way until the fall. Overall, I believe Joe will win this one clean. After the match, I hope Nakamura comes out pointing at the title as a sign he'll be coming for it next. However it would be cool to see Hideo return or someone new showing up after the match.

Drinking rules:

- Drink every time someone is thrown into the cage
- Drink for every dive from the top of the cage
- Drink for mentions of previous Takeover specials (London, Dallas)
- Drink for every suplex from American Alpha
- Down your drink for any extra matches
- Down your drink if you see a Whatculture sign
- Down your drink for any special guests, surprise returns and / or debuts (apart from Andrade "Cien" Almas)

Edited by KiDdViRuS53

Just putting my Predctions down for tonights NXT Takeover plus as for every other Pay-Per-View / Special, I do drinking rules c:

Also if you have Snapchat, you can add me on there where I just post what's going on plus some reactions etc. @Kiddvirus53

Predictions:

- Andrade "Cien" Almas defeats Tye Dillinger in his debut - Not much to say here

- American Alpha defeat the The Revival to retain the NXT Tag Team Championships - I'm hoping Gargano & Ciampa come out after the match demanding a title shot. After all, they did defeat The Revival last week or so

Asuka defeats Nia Jax to retain the NXT Womens' Championship - Now I would be rooting for Nia as I'm starting to like her now, but I don't think she's going to take the title just yet. Even though, we haven't seen Asuka in any matches recently after winning the title besides defending it in house shows but still, in the end it doesn't bother me who wins as these two are really talented in the ring. I would say I want to see Bayley show up but we'll just have to see

Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Austin Aries - This'll be the match of the night by far. I'm still getting use to Aries after all he did put on quite a good match with Corbin back in Dallas Nakamura however is truly the guy who'll come out on top and step into the title picture

Samoa Joe defeats Finn Balor in a Steel Cage Match to retain the NXT Championship - Okay, so the one back in London (which I attended) was amazing. Dallas was just start and stop because of Joe being bloodied and the finish was just least expecting. Now for the third and final time we'll see this match, but this time in the first ever Steel Cage Match in NXT. As much as I love both guys, Balor will probably be in some Singles competitions all throughout the Summer until he gets called up to the main roster in my opinion and Joe could continue his reign perhaps all the way until the fall. Overall, I believe Joe will win this one clean. After the match, I hope Nakamura comes out pointing at the title as a sign he'll be coming for it next. However it would be cool to see Hideo return or someone new showing up after the match.

Drinking rules:

- Drink every time someone is thrown into the cage

- Drink for every dive from the top of the cage

- Drink for mentions of previous Takeover specials (London, Dallas)

- Drink for every suplex from American Alpha

- Down your drink for any extra matches

- Down your drink if you see a Whatculture sign

- Down your drink for any special guests, surprise returns and / or debuts (apart from Andrade "Cien" Almas)

Do you work at Whatculture or are just a fan?

Takeover: The End has come and gone, and honestly, it's the first Takeover that I can remember that didn't have a 4-plus star match that blew me away. AA vs. The Revival had some insane spots, but I still felt like it was lacking. I usually enjoy The Revival, but I was actually really underwhelmed by them here, which is unfortunate considering the outcome. None of the finishes really surprised me, though I thought there was a chance that Aries would go over because he needs the win more. Guess it was essentially a number one contender's match, HHH said in the post-show interview that Nakamura was at the front of the line now.

Nakamura's my favorite wrestler of all-time, but I wasn't blown away by his match tonight, which is a bit surprising. I haven't seen any of Aries' pre-NXT work, and I'm really not impressed. Nak's kicks and knees were as stiff as ever, but not much happened, though that death valley driver on the apron was sick. The cage match was a cage match, which IMO tend to be weaker than regular singles matches (I'd trade the standard guy x throws guy y into the cage spots for an unobstructed view), not bad, but again kind of underwhelming. I'm fine with the feud ending, we've gotten all we were going to get out of it.

Honestly, I think the MVP of the night could be Tye Dillinger (or Asuka). I was blown away by his work, he has to be the best jobber in the business. Almas looked good, though I'm not a fan of his finisher, or his hat for that matter. Definitely a lot of ability on display in the opening match. I've heard terrible things about Nia & Asuka's house show matches, but they had a much better match than the audience wanted them to have. Thought the crowd was being very disrespectful here, and I usually love the Fullsail crowds, but they failed here. The match felt very natural, and certainly over-performed, like the opener, in my mind.

Ultimately, a solid show with no boring matches, but nothing that blew me away. Hopefully the draft doesn't absolutely decimate the roster, this could've been the last proper Takeover show for a while.

After today's Takeover, if I was WWE I'd run with Balor having a Kayfabe or Legit neck injury. There's no official word about it, but the way he hit the ring and sold the Muscle Buster seamed a bit too much.

Feels like they're not announcing whether it be real or Kayfabe till they run a legit medial examination on him.

If they run with the idea he'll for sure debut on Smack Down, and maybe around August during the brand split.

After today's Takeover, if I was WWE I'd run with Balor having a Kayfabe or Legit neck injury. There's no official word about it, but the way he hit the ring and sold the Muscle Buster seamed a bit too much.

Feels like they're not announcing whether it be real or Kayfabe till they run a legit medial examination on him.

If they run with the idea he'll for sure debut on Smack Down, and maybe around August during the brand split.

He got up, and after the show ended, climbed to the top of the cage, so it looks like he was just selling. He'll certainly be drafted though, his time in NXT is just about over.

He got up, and after the show ended, climbed to the top of the cage, so it looks like he was just selling. He'll certainly be drafted though, his time in NXT is just about over.

I see, that's good. 

I would still go with the Kayfabe angle, unless creative decided to have him feud with Austin Aries before getting drafted.

I see, that's good. 

I would still go with the Kayfabe angle, unless creative decided to have him feud with Austin Aries before getting drafted.

That may be what they're going with (a kayfabe injury), the last shots made it look like legit (though he was getting back up right before they went off the air), and I wouldn't argue against going with that angle. If they had him put over Aries on the way out, I guess it wouldn't hurt him, and Aries is looking pretty insignificant right now, so they could go that route I suppose. Aries needs a proper heel turn, a real feud and some meaningful wins, or he might as well just do a few jobs and leave.

• Like 1