The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Summerslam

Sami Zayn & Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz

American Alpha, The Hype Bros, and The Usos vs. Breezango, The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains

Becky Lynch, Carmella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and TBD

Cesaro vs. Sheamus (I hope so)

Enzo & Cass vs. Jeri-KO

The Miz vs. Apollo Crews

Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte

The New Day vs. The Club

Rusev vs. Roman Reigns

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler (Just because - next line-)

Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor (Even when I want it I don't see Balor winning this one)

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton (Easiest guess)

PREDICTIONS:

NXT Takeover Brooklyn II

Ember Moon vs. Billie Kay

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas

The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tomasso Ciampa

Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose

Asuka vs. Bayley

Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Summerslam

Sami Zayn & Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz

American Alpha, The Hype Bros, and The Usos vs. Breezango, The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains

Becky Lynch, Carmella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and TBD

Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Enzo & Cass vs. Jeri-KO

The Miz vs. Apollo Crews

Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte

The New Day vs. The Club

Rusev vs. Roman Reigns

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler

Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

Wow, seeing your predictions just made me realize half the SS matches are just repeats of what we've seen on RAW and Smackdown the past few weeks.  Guess the best way to build for a PPV match is to put it on your weekly TV over and over again so the crowd couldn't care less who finally goes over.

Wow, seeing your predictions just made me realize half the SS matches are just repeats of what we've seen on RAW and Smackdown the past few weeks.  Guess the best way to build for a PPV match is to put it on your weekly TV over and over again so the crowd couldn't care less who finally goes over.

That is why the Cesaro/Sheamus best of 7 match is so funny. I mean aren't all their feuds at least best of 7

Aww, I was just getting used to using my new signature :(

That was a pretty weird match. Not sure what the fuck they were thinking when Charlotte just dropped Sasha on her neck. Maybe they need an injury angle for Sasha to take time off for her honeymoon?

You know what would have been better...if they had had Sasha win at Mania and made her the first Women's Champion. Then Charlotte could have had half a year frustrated over losing her title only to win it back at Summerslam. You know, story telling :)

But their way works as well. Have Charlotte get screwed out of stopping NIkki from breaking the record only to win the Divas title the next week...then be happy with the Divas name..and then be handed the women's title...then lose it to Sasha on a Raw with no build...then win it back a couple of weeks later...yup, Women's Revolution :yay:

• Like 1

Lol, they couldn't even make a new belt. So the WWE Championship, Women's Championship, Universal Championship, and leaked picture of Smackdown's Women's Championship are all the same belt in different colors. You're a billionaire Vince, don't be this lazy.

I think they hired Nintendo to do their designs :P

s6r8aDH.jpg

No but seriously that is the ugliest belt for a major championship. I will go out and say it is worse than the Spinner belt...not much worse...but still worse.

Well, the only that I wanted from the night happened. Finally AJ got a clean win over Cena and Balor had his SummerSlam moment championship included, but man that belt is as ugly as its name.

Edit: The SD woman championship is för real?

Cool, I really wanted that those women fight for a championship. :)

Edit: See you next time at Wrestlemania Brock

Edited by GoldenShaka

Why did they end Summerslam with 2 matches in a row that ended in Ref Stoppage? They should have made Rollins vs Balor the main event. I mean they were only crowning a new champion...not like that is important or anything.

Yes, I guess they didn't want to outshine SD after so much promo.

Yes, I guess they didn't want to outshine SD after so much promo.

That's the other thing. Way to make Raw look like the dominate show. Summerslam ended with the Raw Title Match, The US match (which is Raw again) and finally the Raw guy beating the Smackdown guy into a bloody pulp

That's the other thing. Way to make Raw look like the dominate show. Summerslam ended with the Raw Title Match, The US match (which is Raw again) and finally the Raw guy beating the Smackdown guy into a bloody pulp

Well, I think that ending with Brock's match it was a little less evident. C'mon everybody and their grandparents knew that Brock was going to destroy Randy, I don't see brands there, just performers.

I was just about to say this exact same thing. In comparison to RAW, SD looks like a fucking joke. I hate to say it, but the Ambrose vs Ziggler match was the biggest disappointment of the night. I mean, what a lazy match and the crowd wasn't into it at all. Miz vs Crews? Boring as shit. Smackdown Live is looking so terrible right now, ever since this draft, everything has felt really uneven. 

Well, I think that ending with Brock's match it was a little less evident. C'mon everybody and their grandparents knew that Brock was going to destroy Randy, I don't see brands there, just performers.

But he then F5d the Smackdown owner. So in the end Raw was the superior show to Smackdown and that is not the message WWE should be sending. They are supposed to be presenting the two brands as equal but everyone going in to the brand split knew Raw was the "better" show and WWE has done nothing to dissuade that thinking.

But he then F5d the Smackdown owner. So in the end Raw was the superior show to Smackdown and that is not the message WWE should be sending. They are supposed to be presenting the two brands as equal but everyone going in to the brand split knew Raw was the "better" show and WWE has done nothing to dissuade that thinking.

Well, you're right, my Raw fanaticism blinded me there, hehe.

I was waiting for Mick to go to the ring but just having Shane O'mac decimated in the ring was humiliating for SD.

Edited by GoldenShaka

AJ Styles vs. John Cena was a really good match. Didn't think it was quite on the level of Cena's matches with KO or his last SS match with Rollins, but it was very well done. AJ going over clean was the right finish. Good job there. Most everything else? Garbage.

If Sasha needs to deal with nagging injuries for a month, it's what has to be done, but she didn't need to lose clean. She's the hottest thing in the division, and her first reign lasted a couple of weeks. Do they think that will get her more over? I don't get it.

All the tag matches were fine, the tag title match being the worst of the three, imo. I can understand waiting to turn Finn until the first Raw PPV, because Finn will likely be the main event, and the shot of The Club holding all the gold is one you want to go out on. Still, it made for a really pointless match, which doesn't really belong on the second biggest show of the year. I love Jon Stewart, but he really sucked the life out of this crowd. They wanted wrestling, and they didn't really get it.

Ambrose and Ziggler had a decent match that no one gave a shit about. For all the talk of how great the build was, it didn't amount to anything. If Ziggler doesn't turn by Tuesday, he's dead. He's dead already, but at that point you might as well just cut him and give his spot to a jobber people care about, like Slater. Liked Dean's attitude here though, he's kinda growing into his role.

Bálor vs. Rollins was my early pick to be MOTN, probably of the weekend, and while the action was pretty solid, the crowd had other plans. Hopefully something good will come of the first match in this title's history being completely ignored, but Vince is so damn stubborn he'll probably just ignore it, like everything else the crowd chants. Hey WWE, if you really want to be the UFC that bad, try copying the things they do that people actually like. Like McGregor's promos. Or good announcing. Just not the whole every fucking belt looks exactly the same part. This company has three belts (soon to be four, because the plan is for the SD women's title to be the same thing, just blue) that look exactly the same. Vince has no more ideas. He's given up on literally everything that isn't Roman Reigns.

Speaking of Roman Reigns, I don't know what they were trying to do with him tonight. Partially because I was reading twitter for the first half of it, but the half that I saw did not make him look like a sympathetic babyface. And there's no way they're turning him heel, certainly not against Rusev. What did this accomplish? Did they just want to avoid Roman getting 15 minutes of boos?

And finally the main event that had no business being the main event on a show where a new world title was introduced and another was contested, Brock "I don't give a shit about your kids, or my job" Lesnar, and Randy "why am I bleeding so much where am I" Orton. So Orton is supposed to be a main-eventer on Smackdown, right? And Brock is going to disappear until January now, right? So why did Lesnar just utterly destroy Orton and make him look like a nobody? It's not like they're going to have a proper feud now, that's it. They're on separate shows, and the Raw guy just made the Smackdown guy look like Eddie Guerrero after a botched blade job.

The match was absolute shit too. Suplex, suplex, suplex, F5, suplex, suplex, thrown through a table, suplex, RKO that doesn't make much of a dent, suplex suplex zzzzzzzzzzzzz RKO that doesn't make much of a dent, suplex suplex, ZZZZZZZZ, elbow, show's over. Hooray.

I'm absolutely sick of Brock Lesnar. Being a draw isn't an excuse, because he isn't a draw. He doesn't move TV ratings one bit, buyrates on PPVs don't matter because of the network, he doesn't do house shows, and he's a PR liability. A roided up caveman homophobe whose moveset makes Cena look like Hayabusa. I'm sick of the gimmick and I want him jobbed out to Nakamura, or Joe, or a blowup doll, or a cat, I don't really care which.

TLDR; Fuck this stupid, short-sighted, poorly managed company. I wasn't very impressed by Takeover, and actually thought Summerslam could top it, but boy did they drop every ball within a 100 mile radius of Brooklyn. At least there's still NJPW.

Edited by AxeToFall18