The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

One of the two results that I really didn't want to happen, Asuka lost twice tonight, no just the streak but a possibility to be champion in the main roster. Charlotte was everything in the main roster last year, wipe out the floor with Riot squad this year, she didn't need the Wrestlemania moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoldenShaka said:

One of the two results that I really didn't want to happen, Asuka lost twice tonight, no just the streak but a possibility to be champion in the main roster. Charlotte was everything in the main roster last year, wipe out the floor with Riot squad this year, she didn't need the Wrestlemania moment.

When Vince has a boner for someone there's no point in even trying to hope for anyone else.  It's to the point of every time I think of Vince and the booking team all I see is:

• Like 1

Fuck WWE seriously.

That may be the best woman match I have ever seen but the match was way too short (Asuka taping at the first Figure-eight seriously ?!) and they just made a terrible decision by breaking her streak and not giving her the title. Since the main roster bookers are stupid she is probably going to start losing to everyone right now and she is probably not going to touch the gold in a while too.

Good job WWE now that you ruined my most anticipated match you can just go fuck yourself with the rest of your stupid show.

With booking decisions like that, no wonder NXT is the best show in WWE.

• Like 3

With the way they are booking the show maybe I should start to expect Stephanie McMahon beating Ronda (not that I would care anyway) and Bliss squashing Nia since they are mostly going for shocking moment that are going to be remember for one year rather than thinking of long term booking. 

The placement of the match on the card is also really weird, at this point they might as well close the show with the RAW tag team championship and reveal Hornswoggle as Braun's partner.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

My only problem with the booking so far was Orton being in that mediocre 4 way. One of the guys that can easily to put on a five star singles match and they waste him laying on the floor for 15 minutes >.< What a way to show respect for the the veteran performers. 

• Like 2

If this is what we're gonna get in the future from Rousey... I'm sold.  She looks good so far, there's been a a couple of miscues but I put those on more on Steph than Ronda.

The match has been pretty entertaining as well, aside from Angle looking every bit as old and worn out as he is.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

If this is what we're gonna get in the future from Rousey... I'm sold.  She looks good so far, there's been a a couple of miscues but I put those on more on Steph than Ronda.

The match has been pretty entertaining as well, aside from Angle looking every bit as old and worn out as he is.

Agreed. This match has exceeded my expectations.

I will say this though, I wasn't a fan of what we got from Kurt tonight, seems like he's basically done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Well sum'bitch, that was a hell of a match, and Ronda looked better than good, she was amazing.  She emotes, she sells, she tells a story and she was pretty damn sound in the ring.  I hated her in the UFC but damned if I ain't a fan of hers now.

Yep. great stuff!

Short and sweet but I'm fine with that.  The B Brothers needed to win that one quick to keep looking dominant and honestly what could we have seen from the New Day and Usos that we haven't already seen.  The only real purpose of that match wasn't to steal the show, it was to crown a super-deserving team.  Job done.

• Like 1

I hope Taker has a good match in him. Watching him struggle during last years Mania match really bummed me out. Watching someone I've loved since childhood struggle to perform simple moves really broke my heart. Hopefully this match erases those memories... Especially since I've been waiting years for this.

Edit : Guess not =/ Damn

Edited by KingGuy420

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

Pretty sure that match had a backstage checklist.  Old-school, snake-eyes, big boot, leg drop, sit-up, Tombstone, done.  

After seeing that, I would have been much happier seeing Elias Vs Cena.

I love The Undertaker, I was at the Superdome the night he lost to Lesnar and I've been a fan of his for over 20 years but really, this dude needs to hang it up.

• Like 1

Just noticed the last time Wrestlemania was in New Orleans, The Undertaker's streak was broken and tonight it was Asuka's streak so next time someone has a streak going into Wrestlemania it will most likely end if it's in New Orleans ?

I wonder why they kept all of the uninteresting matches for the end of the show though, the only thing keeping me from closing the network is Aj vs Shinsuke ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Just noticed the last time Wrestlemania was in New Orleans, The Undertaker's streak was broken and tonight it was Asuka's streak so next time someone has a streak going into Wrestlemania it will most likely end if it's in New Orleans ?

I wonder why they kept all of the uninteresting matches for the end of the show though, the only thing keeping me from closing the network is Aj vs Shinsuke ...

That's usually the way they handle longer shows. Big match, filler match, big match, filler match and so on. They think it gives the crowd some time to recover their energy so that the premiere matches get better reactions.

Just now, TVDex252 said:

That's usually the way they handle longer shows. Big match, filler match, big match, filler match and so on. They think it gives the crowd some time to recover their energy so that the premiere matches get better reactions.

Yeah but as far as I'm concerned they gave me all the matches I was interested in in the first 2 hours and now I'm just waiting for the true main event of the show so it's more like big match, big match, big match, and then a bunch of filler matches.